2 year old escapes!

sweetshell637

Hey! Wonder if yall could help? I have a 2 year old who has learned how to open the cabin door and run down the hall! with and without clothes on! :eek: anyone have any suggestions on how to keep him in there? he thinks its a game! Thanks in advance! (ship will be sunshine!)

WOW! My best friend can hardly open the cabin door due to its weight. I suggest putting a chair or something in front of it, and maybe securing the chair to the doorknob with a bungee or something. Better not get a balcony cabin, and I am not fooling!

WOW! My best friend can hardly open the cabin door due to its weight. I suggest putting a chair or something in front of it, and maybe securing the chair to the doorknob with a bungee or something. Better not get a balcony cabin, and I am not fooling!

Parents to toddlers equals saying see you later to balconies for awhile says the Mom of a soon-to-be 4 yr old and soon-to-be 1 yr old.

Parents to toddlers equals saying see you later to balconies for awhile says the Mom of a soon-to-be 4 yr old and soon-to-be 1 yr old.

We had a balcony on our last Disney Cruise with our 2 year old daughter. The balcony doors have a safety latch at the top far out of reach for a child. I have never had a balcony on a Carnival ship, do that not have any similar saftey latch or lock on them?

i always take the little table that comes in the state room and move it in front of the door at night. that has always kept my kids in. they are now 9 and 6 years old but have been cruising since they were 5 and 2 years old.

Go to Home Depot, get a portable motion detector. I've even seen them on e bay. They go on doors, door knobs or windows.

How does the motion detector actually prevent the child from leaving and opening the door? I'm sure in a small cruise cabin this isn't needed as you will be able to notice the child opening the door before they leave the room. What the OP really needs is a door opening deterrent. Laying the luggage down in front of the door should deter the 2 year old from trying to open the door.

Now crawling under the bed is another issue altogether.

Just wanted to say thanks for the memories and chuckle. My daughter did that with the front door to our house. Luckily, I heard the screen door slam and managed to catch her (naked) on the sidewalk two house down from ours.

We installed a night chain on the screen door to prevent more escapes.

My wife has the same problem with me. She just locks the door when I go into the hall. I learned my lesson after the first few times.

Were you that naked guy running down the hall on the Victory a couple of years ago? My widowed 85 year old mother in law saw you too!:o

She would like your contact information please.:p

Edited by DirtyDawg

We had a balcony on our last Disney Cruise with our 2 year old daughter. The balcony doors have a safety latch at the top far out of reach for a child. I have never had a balcony on a Carnival ship, do that not have any similar saftey latch or lock on them?

On our last cruise, we couldn't get the safety latch to work most of the time while at sea. In port it worked fine.