Strange NCL Cruise Traditions (or Guilty Pleasure)

rpb718

Use to be the first thing to do on an NCL cruise would be to grab a pretzel roll from the buffet, but after a few cruises in suites where we'd go to Cagney's (or whatever restaurant they use for suite lunches), we got out of the habit of having a pretzel roll. And with the proliferation of pretzel rolls on land just about everywhere, we needed a new tradition.

I think I unfortunately have a new one. Two cruises back, I found an unused bottle of Del Sol nail polish under the bed. Seems the previous cruiser may have won it at one of those shopping seminars but it fell under the bed and wasn't picked up by the steward. DW says, "Let's paint your toenails." and before I know it - the deal is done. Looks clear to me, but turns bright pink in the sun. Lot's of sun and beaches on this trip - a repo cruise - you get the picture.

So we're just off our last cruise. Stopped in Belize and there's the Del Sol store. Back on the ship, DW has a new bottle of polish and is doing my toes again.

I guess this is just my long way to ask if anyone has any strange cruise traditions or guilty pleasures they enjoy when cruising on NCL?

I bring bubbles on all our cruises. I blow them at sailaway or departure from a special port, like Venice. Everyone, or almost everyone laughs and points. I usually show up on the cruise video and people call me "The Bubble Lady".

The last port of call I give them to a child on shore.

Edited by carolmacey

We are Platinum & always have the complimentary white bubbly bottle in the cabin upon arrival. We generally do not drink, except on cruises. If we're in a suite, we request small pitchers of OJ & Cranberry juice (if in balcony cabin, we get from room service) and have a Caribbean Mimosa (equal parts wine, oj & cranberry juice) out on the balcony first morning on a cruise - lets us know we are really on our cruise vacation!

My tradition is to always wear a Steelers shirt on sailaway.

This has two big advantages...

1. It helps any CCers I've been speaking to in Roll Call to identify me, and

2. Makes me lots of new cruise friends!!

A nice & easy sit-down "early" lunch in the MDR as that's part of what cruise pampering is all about, nothing fancy. I can access the basement's staff & visitor's cafeteria lines everyday and the last thing I wanted to do on Day 1 is to stand in lines at the Garden Cafe, and walk around with a tray looking for a quiet table by the windows to sit down & enjoy a meal.

I still remember those afternoon BBQ sailaway on the top deck with live band music & the midnight (and, late night Chocoholic) buffet - in the old NCL days.

Cold soup, yes - missed those too. Also, missed the "Cooking Light" menus and the Presidential specials nightly in the MDR for old-timers, odds of bringing them back :D :rolleyes: ;)

I agree! We used to go to MDR right away always to get banana soup. Unfortunately, the last few cruises I've been on did not have any[emoji17].

MDR and chilled fruit soup for us .

Caution : I am pushy over chilled fruit soup . ;)

I do ask the head chief @ the C.C. M & G " Will there be chilled soup in the buffet " .

Almost always, they just smile and nod .

P.S. most times two flavors one at lunch and second at dinner.:D

Thank You NCL Chef's !! :D

Edited by biker@sea

Or enemies. Go RAVENS!!!!!![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CC is no place for Steelers fans... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

After a Cagneys lunch, for some reason I feel compelled to find our muster station and have a beer, sometimes I'll have a few and still be there when the drill starts, but now that I have a 2 year old my old habit is dead in the water, so for now it's finding a nice quiet spot to color until our suite is ready with a nice glass of juice

*Living large one week at a time*

Get up early (5 am-ish) the first day at sea and explore. I feel like I am the only one on the ship and I get great photos.

I cannot fathom a 5am wake up call on day one of vacation. I need some pre sailaway travel recovery time.

This will be our first family cruise, so maybe we'll start a tradition, thanks for the ideas everyone!

I now know what I'm making my husband wear on the first day of our cruise in November...his Bears shirt. He has been a lifelong Bears fan, so I know it won't be hard to get him to wear it. :)

CC is no place for Steelers fans... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh yes it is. Next cruise I think I'm wearing my Steeler t & my 6 Steeler rubber bracelets, one for each Lombardi Trophy! ;)

I've been making a beaded lanyard to wear on each cruise, but since I'm retired now don't have a chance to wear them at work, I'll have to come up with a new tradition like the OP.

750f067bf185650b78bbadb6e9f83dd1.jpg