Breakaway 3/22/2015 live sailing update

mking8288

But really, in all the M&G's I've hosted as well as been to they ALWAYS stay for a little while and answer questions. This time.....they make a break for it. LOL

They new what questions were coming! ::grin::

Harriet

I know...;) You are so right...:D

Hi all, posting a few notes via ship internet. Seas getting choppy today, 11.5 ft.wave as we get to cross low pressure system tonight, might be fun ride. 77 deg. F today.

Platinum Behind the ship tour was 10:30 am Monday & CC's Meet n Greet was 10 am, so had to choose. And they do read CC ... Tonight's Latitude cocktail is 7:30 pm (Fri) Firerworks was Thur 10:30 pm AFT portside. Plenty of Canadians sailing this week n preschoolers n primary school kids, some teens but everything fine. Pool is 5' deep fot adults n 3 ' on partitioned end, so watch your child.

Almost left 2 pier runners in PC w shopping bags at 9:05 pm but waited n 2 were late leaving Nassau. Got to GSC n priority tender at 8:45 n on island n took tram over to Lagoon by 9:30, rented Clam Shell for $30, rrom for 3 loungers, not crowded, no lines for food or drinks, clean bathrooms, return to ship by 3:30 in time for Laundry Special.

Overall, MDR food is good n improved, Osheehan specials n food is good, didn't eat much in buffet. More pix later n review. Take care all n hope these info are useful.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk

Platinum Behind the ship tour was 10:30 am Monday & CC's Meet n Greet was 10 am, so had to choose. they do read CC ... Take care all n hope these info are useful.

Very useful thank you. I just e-mailed the person who scheduled our Meet and Greet and asked her what time the Platinum Behind the Scene tour was and if it would interfere with the Meet and Greet as ours in June is scheduled from 11 to 12 noon.

Glad you're enjoying your cruise...and don't worry about the waves, makes for great sleeping at night and a reminder you're on a ship during the day!

Harriet

Platinum Behind the ship tour was 10:30 am Monday & CC's Meet n Greet was 10 am, so had to choose.

And they do read CC

so they know the community's anger about double dipping for the tips at specialty restaurants?

plus slightly less anger about higher daily tipping charge for suites vs lower class rooms.

(Less because not a lot of the general community are affected by this.)

Edited by fstuff1

Very useful thank you. I just e-mailed the person who scheduled our Meet and Greet and asked her what time the Platinum Behind the Scene tour was and if it would interfere with the Meet and Greet as ours in June is scheduled from 11 to 12 noon.

Glad you're enjoying your cruise...and don't worry about the waves, makes for great sleeping at night and a reminder you're on a ship during the day!

Harriet

I have to think the scheduling of the Platinum behind the scene tour and the CC M&G at near the same time is on purpose. It was like that last year when we were on the ship with Mking. I wrote a letter to Prem at the time telling him about the conflict. He acknowledged my letter with a blah blah blah response not addressing the issue.

I also wrote about it at least once here on CC so if they are reading CC, they certainly aren't doing anything to make the times more friendly.

Mking, thanks for all the updates, info and photos. Much appreciated.

Glad to see you made it to GSC for a fine beach day.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise on your home away from home and be glad you aren't in NYC where we are currently experiencing snow showers. When will Spring really make her much needed appearance already???

Checking the bridge cam I see some white caps on the sea but the sun is out.

Safe sailing!

Priority disembark is said to be 8:30 or 9 am, looks earlier now. Oh, believe crews gone vacation n several dozen new ones came onboard in Fl. Going soon to MDR to enjoy breakfast, not in a hurry.

Not till we are done with breakfast, lol. There ain't food left for ya this week until the trucks load new ones. Neighbors are still asleep but steward will kick us out of the cabins by 8:30 n those express folks are lining up already, not us.

Enjoy the week.

uploadfromtaptalk1427628495603.jpg.b2120568e2697a91a5af1e2d911335d4.jpg

Priority color called at 8:40, off gangway n found our luggage, out past quick CBP by 9:05 n Carmel app for pickup,, on out way home in our black Lincoln towncar.uploadfromtaptalk1427636704466.jpg.57f016fd02851b13d72eff97e4bf48af.jpg

Standby for photos from rest of our cruise, scanned Dailies for the latest Bahamas 7 day itinerary (for 2 or 3 more runs - before she go to BDA) notices about change in show reservations, Connect At Sea - internet package info, and info about some of the most often FAQ's (mini-frig., HDTV, mini-safe, hair dryer, condensed room service menu, pix of balconies, etc.) with pix. Plus, a good # of food pix loved by some of you - with minimal comments/subjective opinions since it is food. Will do a quick & shorter review / observations ... (should I continue with this or start a fresh new thread) - link to this one ??

It seemed as if we were only on the ship for 72 hours but the truth is that she left NY on time again - today, without us ... We sneaked into Lower Bay at 5:45 AM and sailed quietly past the SOL & up the Hudson by 6:30 and were docked before 7 AM. Gangway was ready for Express Self Walkoff at 7:30 am (many souls with oversized luggage, LOL) & took an hour to clear, pax with special needs began around 8:30 am and with our Priority Dissembark luggage ready, allowed on to the gangways (2 used - Fwd & Aft) at 8:35 AM ... long walk with the long lines, about 10 minutes into the building & down 1 of 2 escalators into luggage hall area, already lined up by colored zones, found ours & took another 10 minutes to reach the CBP post - with nearly all the "stations" opened, including 2 special lanes for porters & special needs for a total of about 10 lanes in processing pax. We're outside the secured area beyond CBP toward the bus pickup area (for those on NCL tours/buses, etc. were staying to the left) - process is orderly & efficient - before 9 AM.

Loved the free Carmel App (car service - as we have a "regular" account with them already) to order pickup, and by the time we exited the terminal building & herded by port security (non-NCL) to walk across the wide 12th Avenue for taxi & pickup, our driver/car data was almost there to fetch us home - a short 35 minutes ride via the 59th Street/Ed Koch Bridge to Queens & we're home, welcomed by our "visiting" grand-niece & grand-nephew downstairs with her grandmom (our SIL's) ... eagerly waiting for our ship's Godvia "chocolates" (now, downsized from 8 pcs. last year to 4 pcs. only) - NOT for our convenience ...

Likewise, when did NCL stopped serving their Pepsi products from cans, it's now dispenesed out of the nozzle & no longer getting a 12 oz. can. Next, should Platinum member be on the lookout for the shrinking comp'd bottle of wine & bubbles.

** For those following & hoping that we get some answers to DSC, gratuity & tips, changes in show time, etc. - sorry, we "failed" the mission as our M&G coordinator also tried & met afterward with Guest Services Manager onboard to address the matter of OBC ...

Edited by mking8288

The Platinum Behind the Scenes Tour has always seemed to conflict with the CC M&G

When we did the breakaway we went to the Hd and complained that they did this every cruise and we never get to do the tour. We've been platinum for 6 cruises and had missed jewel, pearl, epic and spirit tours. So they invited to join for free the paid tour that was taking place later in the sailing and probably saw more than we would have on the platinum one

Standby for photos from rest of our cruise, scanned Dailies for the latest Bahamas 7 day itinerary (for 2 or 3 more runs - before she go to BDA) notices about change in show reservations, Connect At Sea - internet package info, and info about some of the most often FAQ's (mini-frig., HDTV, mini-safe, hair dryer, condensed room service menu, pix of balconies, etc.) with pix. Plus, a good # of food pix loved by some of you - with minimal comments/subjective opinions since it is food. Will do a quick & shorter review / observations ... (should I continue with this or start a fresh new thread) - link to this one ??

It seemed as if we were only on the ship for 72 hours but the truth is that she left NY on time again - today, without us ... We sneaked into Lower Bay at 5:45 AM and sailed quietly past the SOL & up the Hudson by 6:30 and were docked before 7 AM. Gangway was ready for Express Self Walkoff at 7:30 am (many souls with oversized luggage, LOL) & took an hour to clear, pax with special needs began around 8:30 am and with our Priority Dissembark luggage ready, allowed on to the gangways (2 used - Fwd & Aft) at 8:35 AM ... long walk with the long lines, about 10 minutes into the building & down 1 of 2 escalators into luggage hall area, already lined up by colored zones, found ours & took another 10 minutes to reach the CBP post - with nearly all the "stations" opened, including 2 special lanes for porters & special needs for a total of about 10 lanes in processing pax. We're outside the secured area beyond CBP toward the bus pickup area (for those on NCL tours/buses, etc. were staying to the left) - process is orderly & efficient - before 9 AM.

Loved the free Carmel App (car service - as we have a "regular" account with them already) to order pickup, and by the time we exited the terminal building & herded by port security (non-NCL) to walk across the wide 12th Avenue for taxi & pickup, our driver/car data was almost there to fetch us home - a short 35 minutes ride via the 59th Street/Ed Koch Bridge to Queens & we're home, welcomed by our "visiting" grand-niece & grand-nephew downstairs with her grandmom (our SIL's) ... eagerly waiting for our ship's Godvia "chocolates" (now, downsized from 8 pcs. last year to 4 pcs. only) - NOT for our convenience ...

Likewise, when did NCL stopped serving their Pepsi products from cans, it's now dispenesed out of the nozzle & no longer getting a 12 oz. can. Next, should Platinum member be on the lookout for the shrinking comp'd bottle of wine & bubbles.

** For those following & hoping that we get some answers to DSC, gratuity & tips, changes in show time, etc. - sorry, we "failed" the mission as our M&G coordinator also tried & met afterward with Guest Services Manager onboard to address the matter of OBC ...

I hope that you had a great time! I will be on the BA in two weeks and would love to see the Dalies.

When we did the breakaway we went to the Hd and complained that they did this every cruise ... So they invited to join for free the paid tour ... and saw more than we would have on the platinum one

Spot on, excel suggestion, thanks - others following us should note this, Platinum tour is watered down to 3 areas only whereas the paid one cover a lot more & last longer, and, they're still advertising onboard, obviously space available too. Not sure if we are going back on the BA again, maybe ...

Looking forward to more food, menu and balcony pix ... start a new thread ...

Meatball, thanks - great, try to get use to solid land after 36 hours of moderate seas, from 5' to 8', then to large waves of 11' & higher, then to rough seas of almost 14.8' (4.5 meters) & strong wind. Nothing like our 2012 GEM cruise with 25' to 30' and gale force cross-wind, LOL.

I will be on the BA in two weeks and would love to see the Dalies.

Yes, we had a great time. Right now, I'm on gallery duties while DW is on her iPad - shouldn't head for the gangway this morning but had an excellent steward, she worked alone all by herself - including the FWD suite 3 doors from us & took good care of us.

The M&G now on the BA is a great brunch & I passed along the key info so maybe they can get somewhere with the confusing changes (doubtful, but ... think positive)

Loading & transfering pix to my Dropbox & after dinner, will scan in the key notices, letters & dailies, etc. so those on the upcoming saiings interested can make best use of it - as a guide - I wouldn't be surprised if NCL & BA management won't be making more changes in the coming days & weeks and/or roll out more fleet-wide "convenience" modifications. Those will be up late night & maybe some pix also, with minimal comments for now - take some time to put my thoughts together for an overview & summary, etc.

Please leave any Q&A or specifics matters here and will try to be helpful once I get the new thread going, except for UBP & UDP - rest of the wild bunch on the M&G were bar crawling so they surely can help.

When we did the breakaway we went to the Hd and complained that they did this every cruise and we never get to do the tour. We've been platinum for 6 cruises and had missed jewel, pearl, epic and spirit tours. So they invited to join for free the paid tour that was taking place later in the sailing and probably saw more than we would have on the platinum one

We actually brought this up to the cruise consultant our 2nd time on the Epic and he got us on the paid tour for free also. That's when we realized how more in depth the paid one is compared to the free Plat one.

I think NCL really over prices this (the paid one) and would be good publicity to price it cheaper and have more people take it. When you see all that goes on behind the scene, the scale of things and how clean everything is it is very impressive.

mking thanks for the updates, has been fun following your week :)

This once (semi) live update is now transitioning to a pictorial review, link to the new post here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46097832&posted=1#post46097832

All of the pix are uploaded to dropbox for cloud storage & in a public access folder - will get the dailies scanned & posted ASAP.

Let this one fade slowely but can always reference it. Pix are no longer posting directly with hot links for whatever reason, will need to click on it to open the JPG image, look for the brief description & view it if interested to you. Otherwise, just skim over them - goal is to be informative & make it fun to follow, with some tips & ideas on how to make the most out of cruising NCL these days with all the changes, etc. :D

Edited by mking8288