Appropriate tip?

kerrianno

Hi all! We are leaving tomorrow on the Marina for a cruise around French Polynesia. We are staying in a vista suite and I would like to know what would be an appropriate tip for the butler? It is a 10 day cruise. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

we give extra depending on the level of service the butler offers (we don't expect much) but let us say we do more than the ship adds on! This is not really helpful, but it is a really personal thing. Some people will just flame me, or anyone who gives a definitive answer. There isn't any extra required, so let your heart be your guide.

That is my personal opinion.

Well here we go again--the one's that do and the one's that don't. I think what the ship excepts just isn't enough, but that's me. It also depends on the service you get, and what your needs for service are all about. We get the Owners Suite, and the butler does alot--so we tip a large amount at the end of the cruise. Your on vacation and when we're on vacation we want everything just right---plus we don't want to do a lot. And the sevice kis great so why not!

Rick

But the real point is that there is no set rule as to how MUCH extra to give. As Carol says, do what feels right for you. When we first had butlers we barely used them, and so we didn't tip extra. Now we use them more and we do.

Mura

The prepaid gratuities are really just a nasty little add-on by the cruise line to offset their poor wages, soooo I always tip a decent extra amount starting with the cabin steward, who does the most actual work even in an upper suite, then the butler, who, we don't use a lot but are fussy about things when we do, then the assistants, then the bartenders and the wait staff whom we've gotten to know in our various roosts. In the bars and restaurants it's pretty easy, I base it on the average that the meal or drink would cost in a hotel. For the butler and stewards, it's more tricky, but I usually start at $10/day. It does add up, but they deserve it. I budget about $500-750 for this expense for an upper suite.

Looking for some advice on carnival cruise from New Orleans to Key West Freeport Nassau. Is it best to book excursions before we get on the ship or book them after we get on the ship are there more choices on the ship please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for some advice on carnival cruise from New Orleans to Key West Freeport Nassau. Is it best to book excursions before we get on the ship or book them after we get on the ship are there more choices on the ship please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have posted to the wrong thread:)

Thanks all! I really wasn't even sure what would be a good ballpark tip per day. I'll certainly take into account the service! Anyone have suggestions as to what the butler can do for you? I'm not even sure what to ask for!

If you feel the staff deserve more than $22 pp pd ($7 pp for the butler) you can tip what you feel they deserve for adding to your cruise experience

The butler can do what ever you want him to do within reason of course

Just ask them & they will tell you what they can do for you