Just went on allure any questions?

Hi, never been on a cruise before so don't know the rules about tipping...we have tips included in our package but do we tip anyone in addition to that? room service maybe? Also what currency do we tip, its a med cruise but everything seems to be geared to dollars.

Also we have a select beverage package & want to upgrade to premium, any idea if we do it on board or before then?

I am a little confused, reading conflicting stories, If one person buys a drink package, do you know if everyone over the age of 21 in the Stateroom has to buy a drink package?

thanks!

No, everyone in the stateroom over 21 does NOT have to purchase the package. When the packages were first introduced that was the case, but has not been for quite some time.

Tell the truth:

6000 passengers plus 2500 crew - How crowded was it?

Were there lines in the Windjammer for breakfast & lunch?

Were there lines in the Dining Room for breakfast?

Were there lines in the other venues for lunch?

Were there crowds in the Promenade most of the time and especially when something was scheduled?

Did you have to waste 30 to 45 minutes getting to EVERY entertainment venue early in order to get a seat?

Edited by DHADEN

There 1 March sailing. Lines at lunch horrible !! Crowds on promenade during activities horrible . If you do not book entertainment in advance you probably will not get in to see it. If anyone tell you different do not believe. Crowds in windjammer are present almost always.

There 1 March sailing. Lines at lunch horrible !! Crowds on promenade during activities horrible . If you do not book entertainment in advance you probably will not get in to see it. If anyone tell you different do not believe. Crowds in windjammer are present almost always.

I did not have the same experience on the March 15 sailing. Was it busy? Absolutely. But aside from when events were happening in the promenade, it wasn't that bad. As for shows, you can get into ALL of them without a reservation. When you have to arrive to the standby line depends on the show (comedy club likely being the worst). If you have a large group of people then you will need a reservation AND arrive early (30 mins before the show) or you will not sit together. I doubt any group larger than 4 could sit together without a reservation.

Tell the truth:

6000 passengers plus 2500 crew - How crowded was it?

Were there lines in the Windjammer for breakfast & lunch?

Were there lines in the Dining Room for breakfast?

Were there lines in the other venues for lunch?

Were there crowds in the Promenade most of the time and especially when something was scheduled?

Did you have to waste 30 to 45 minutes getting to EVERY entertainment venue early in order to get a seat?

My experience from my March 15 sailing:

No lines in windjammer but it was busy most of time. There was always a table available for my party of 4.

I didn't make it to the dining room for breakfast on this cruise but based on my previous cruise experiences it's not at all busy in the dining room for any meal other than dinner.

Park cafe generally had a short line. Sorrentos a very short line. Cafe promenade a short line. No lines at wipeout cafe. None of those took longer than 3-4 mins to get your food at any time though.

Promenade steady at all times but only really crowded during events that took place in the promenade.

I would say 30 mins early if you want a good seat or have a large group. Otherwise, 15 mins early was generally good enough.

Sailed Allure twice and Oasis once and never had your experiences. That said, sometimes you need to think outside the box and not follow the masses. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity and could be a recipe for a bad cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a little confused, reading conflicting stories, If one person buys a drink package, do you know if everyone over the age of 21 in the Stateroom has to buy a drink package?

thanks!

No, everyone in the stateroom over 21 does NOT have to purchase the package. When the packages were first introduced that was the case, but has not been for quite some time.

I think he was asking if they can all share 1 drink package. The answer to that is no.

Everything was fantastic. Because of the size of the ship many of our group had a tough time navigating.

Allure is a ship were planning and research are helpful and I'll bet a bunch of 18 year olds just showed up. Being at the time pretty physically able, I can get from any part of the ship to any other part in 5 minutes with a little thought.

This is my first "Mega Ship" experience. I'm worried that the size of the crowds will make me miserable.

Please advise me on some "Tips" to have a nice cruise.

I want to make reservations for the shows but really don't want the hassle of all this administrative stuff once I'm on board. I was on RCCL's website and I can't make reservations ahead of time. How does this work? With the interactive TV in the stateroom? The last thing I want to deal with is standing in long lines or stressing to get to a show extra early for a good seat.

Any tips would be helpful! Thanks!

This is my first "Mega Ship" experience. I'm worried that the size of the crowds will make me miserable.

Please advise me on some "Tips" to have a nice cruise.

I want to make reservations for the shows but really don't want the hassle of all this administrative stuff once I'm on board. I was on RCCL's website and I can't make reservations ahead of time. How does this work? With the interactive TV in the stateroom? The last thing I want to deal with is standing in long lines or stressing to get to a show extra early for a good seat.

Any tips would be helpful! Thanks!

I was on the allure in 2013 and am going again this week. In my experience

1. I was easily able to book every show I wanted on the television in my stateroom when I arrived. ( no issues at all with availability.. but I was a group of 2)

2. The ship was almost sold out on my sailing, and other then day 1 boarding, it never felt super crowded. There are simply so many places to go that people get very spread out. In fact if you go to the RCCl website(assuming it's actually working) you can view the live webcam feed of the royal promenade on the allure, and you will see it does not look that packed.

3. as for the windjammer, On my sailing they actually did something really cool ( dont know if this is the standard) Just outside of the windjammer we stood in a line for maybe ten minutes. Then a host greeted us and took us directly to a table. ( this way we never had to search for a seat with a plate full of food. ) Although at first I thought it was dumb, it ended up being a very smart way to deal with the crowds, and I really liked it.

It never was very crowded when trying to get food or really anywhere around the ship. We went to the main dining room for breakfast and it was fantastic. For lunch on embarkation day we went to windjammer with no lines but wipeout cafe also had no lines.

We were on the 3/8 cruise. It was very full. I had been worried about crowds and lines. I was very pleasantly surprised. Only place that ever felt somewhat crowded was the Windjammer. We still always found seating for 6 and no problem getting our food. Everything else was fine. I was very impressed with getting off and on the ship in ports. Very smooth and fast. P

Linda