Quantum Deck 6 balcony

You have to provide the exact cabin number. You should also post with the exact cabin number on the Quantum thread at the very top of this forum and perhaps even search that thread fir your cabin number. Some obstructions are worse than others and the smoking area is on the starboard side as well.

There has to be a better way to design a ship than to have 50% obstruction. That I cannot even see the ocean when sitting on my balcony - but I am paying for the balcony?? I think it would be better to be an inside cabin. My opinion.

There has to be a better way to design a ship than to have 50% obstruction. That I cannot even see the ocean when sitting on my balcony - but I am paying for the balcony?? I think it would be better to be an inside cabin. My opinion.

Then don't book one.

They have their own category: DO - the O stands for obstructed. Pricing is lower than other D category cabins, and the view from the balcony is the only difference.

If that matters to you, don't book the category.

I can guarantee you that if they felt that they could have designed the ship with NO obstructed balcony cabins and still have had everything else on the ship that they wanted to put there, they would have.

Right?! Pesky lifeboats always getting in the way. They should probably just not have them at all, I mean really, what could possibly go wrong?

• 10 months later...
hOW DO YOU FIND OUT IF AN OBSTRUCTED BALCONY IS A 50% OR A 75% BLOCKAGE?

tHANK YOU

Actually IMO some category DO balcony views are almost 100% blocked as they have two davits directly in front of them as shown in the shot below. I believe the thinking is if there's one davit in front of a balcony it's view is 75% blocked and if overlooking the top of a lifeboat, which goes to the top rail, it's 50% blocked.

attachment.php?attachmentid=375867&d=1455103161

Here is a davit location deck plan I made up using the photos I took on Anthem last month. Smaller arrows indicates lower davits for one smaller lifeboat just aft of SB hump. I will be back on Anthem early next month and will confirm that davits location on this deck plan is accurate.

attachment.php?attachmentid=375868&d=1455103161

P1091322.jpg.9f9e127904f67ad7044ab0da614a1ddc.jpg

AnthemDavits.jpg.11c58462575c924ecdd1d46f22ddd521.jpg

Edited by robtulipe