Cost of a Cove Balcony

3kids1dog

I was in a Cove balcony on the Breeze in September 2013 and we paid around 629pp. I am looking to book for next April (the week of the 23rd, on of the less expensive weeks). The cost is almost 1100 pp for a cove. This seems really high to me. I know I went in September the first time, and April may be more of high season, but is this a "normal" price for a cove? I know I can book Es, and watch the price, but I am just wondering if my dream of a cove again is possible. We are taking the kids, and trying to decide between the family OV or 2 coves. Right now, the family OV is actually pretty reasonable, but I LOVE the cove!

That is the price pp for 2. We are a family of 5, so we would have 2 in one room and 3 in the other. Easter next year is at the end of March, so this is actually a few weeks after. The price was double that over Easter! It just seems crazy high!

I was in a Cove balcony on the Breeze in September 2013 and we paid around 629pp. I am looking to book for next April (the week of the 23rd, on of the less expensive weeks). The cost is almost 1100 pp for a cove. This seems really high to me. I know I went in September the first time, and April may be more of high season, but is this a "normal" price for a cove? I know I can book Es, and watch the price, but I am just wondering if my dream of a cove again is possible. We are taking the kids, and trying to decide between the family OV or 2 coves. Right now, the family OV is actually pretty reasonable, but I LOVE the cove!

That is normal for that time of year. The Dream would be the cheapest if you want a Cove Balcony.

We just paid $876 pp for a cove on the Dream for 10/25/15. So your price seems to be simply adjusting for the time of year. The $629 pp seems really low. I wonder if the price increase over the past couple years is reflective of how popular cove balconies are becoming. Do you recall what the price was of regular balconies back then when you booked your Sep 2013 cruise? The only other thing I can think of is that September is more in the middle of hurricane season, so maybe that's why it was so low.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Our school district has that week off next year

I wish our school district had off that week!:) Thanks for all the replies, I think the $629 probably was a combination of off season rates and the cove balconies being kind of new. 1089 does seem a little high, hopefully, it will go down into the 800's. I think I am going to book with the current 1/2 deposit. We are taking the kids this time, and I know will regret it if I skip the Cove! So, I am just going to book it, and stalk the site for the next 13 months!

I am actually leaning toward the dream. The price is much more reasonable, plus we can drive to the port. Although I love the Breeze, I think my kids would like the western ports better. It seems crazy that there would only be 10 midship coves left, maybe they only give you a choice on 10 when you book online?

I booked my Dream Sept 20, 2015 Cove back in Nov 2014. For the 3 of us our total, including taxes & port fees, came to $1812.00 with a $50.00 OBC. This will be our first Cove and I was happy with that price.

I have watched the price steadily climb to over $2200.00 a couple weeks ago, and now when I do the mock booking I don't even get the Cove balcony option any longer. I assume that means there are none available now?

Helen

Edited by atlanta_living