GOOD PLACE TO EAT ON THE cROWN PRINCESS ON EMBARKATION DAY

LabGuy64

Where is the best place to eat on embarkation day on the Crown Princess?

My last cruise on the Navigator of the Seas left be with a bad taste in my mouth for the buffet ....the food was horrible and it was crowded beyond belief. i want someplace with good food that won't be very crowded...Any suggestions?

Thanks

One of the dining rooms will be open until 1:30 PM.

It will be one of the two that are near the atrium, most likely the one on deck 6 there.

If you ask on board, you would likely be told to go to the buffet.

Also available (and open all afternoon) are the burger grill and pizza counter near the main pools and also the International Cafe in the Atrium on deck 5.

Edited by caribill

You will find the HC to be as obnoxious on the Princess as you did on the RCCL. However luckily there are other choices. The pizzeria and grill located adjacent to the pool area on the lido deck are alternatives if you like pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs or brats. The IC on deck 5 will be open and somewhat similar to the cafe on the royal promenade but IMO better. Finally is the MDR which will be open for lunch from noon to 1:30 PM usually on deck 6 middle. If you ask for the MDR, most of the time the crew will tell you it is closed but in fact it is open so go check it out yourself. I have never figured out why they keep it a well known secret. For an uncrowded venue with good food I would recommend the MDR which is where you would find me on sail away day lunch.

OK.....now which would you choose as the best of these?....good food and quiet....are any of the specialty restaurants open during this time?

One of the dining rooms will be open until 1:30 PM.

It will be one of the two that are near the atrium, most likely the one on deck 6 there.

If you ask on board, you would likely be told to go to the buffet.

Also available (and open all afternoon) are the burger grill and pizza counter near the main pools and also the International Cafe in the Atrium on deck 5.

OK.....now which would you choose as the best of these?....good food and quiet....are any of the specialty restaurants open during this time?

The dining room.

The specialty restaurants are never open at lunch time during the entire cruise although a non-specialty menu (English pub lunch) may be offered in one of them on a sea day.

The Atrium is likely to be noisy with people boarding and wondering around, so while the food in the IC is good you might be better off going elsewhere.

If it's nice weather, I'd likely go to the grill or grab a slice of pizza on the pool deck and find a nice place to sit, have a frosty beverage ;) and just soak in the whole "going on a cruise" vibe :D.

We've only made it into the MDR for lunch once on an embarkation day, but if you can time it right that's a great option too.

If you are looking for quiet on embarkation day, you are probably out of luck!

The Crown is a nice ship, but as other posters have mentioned, you will mostly be pushed to Deck 15 for the Horizon Court buffet. Burgers and Pizza are excellent but that means sitting outside.

I would just go with the flow, maybe take some food down to your cabin if you have a balcony and get ready to enjoy a nice cruise.

Happy Cruising:D:D

The Main Dining Room is definitely quiet and relaxing. Few people know about it for the reasons mentioned above. As a result it's an island of serenity surrounded by all the hub bub attributable to embarkation day. You just have to make sure you get there on time. If your boarding is delayed you might miss it.

Have a Great Cruise!!

The dining room.

The specialty restaurants are never open at lunch time during the entire cruise although a non-specialty menu (English pub lunch) may be offered in one of them on a sea day.

This may not be entirely correct: on the Coral last fall for the LA to FLL via the Panama Canal, Sabatini's was open for walk-in lunches with a limited menu. We enjoyed sit-down, white tablecloth service of pizza and a glass of adult beverage.

YMMV

This may not be entirely correct: on the Coral last fall for the LA to FLL via the Panama Canal, Sabatini's was open for walk-in lunches with a limited menu. We enjoyed sit-down, white tablecloth service of pizza and a glass of adult beverage.

YMMV

On embarkation day?

On embarkation day?

Not on embarkation day. I was responding to the message quoted (emphasis added),"The specialty restaurants are never open at lunch time during the entire cruise although a non-specialty menu (English pub lunch) may be offered in one of them on a sea day. "

Sorry for the confusion.

not on embarkation day. I was responding to the message quoted (emphasis added),"the specialty restaurants are never open at lunch time during the entire cruise although a non-specialty menu (english pub lunch) may be offered in one of them on a sea day. "

sorry for the confusion.

10-4

Where is the best place to eat on embarkation day on the Crown Princess?

My last cruise on the Navigator of the Seas left be with a bad taste in my mouth for the buffet ....the food was horrible and it was crowded beyond belief. i want someplace with good food that won't be very crowded...Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you get onboard before 1:30pm,go to the open dining room.(complimentary) It will be listed in The Patter(newsletter). I think it is DaVinci.(sit down service)

or go to the I.C.(International Cafe)-order at counter(complimentary) and find a seat in bar area off atrium or in the atrium. Also if you like gelato the I.C. has it for only $1.50 for 3 large scoops-share -able.

There is also the burger/hot dog place by the pool area or the pizza shoppe.(I have not done this so not much to say)

Julie

I gave the Pub Lunch as an example of a non-specialty restaurant menu.

What was offered on the Coral was a version of the Alfredo's pizza menu offered on some of the other ships. This was, like the Pub lunch, not a menu from the specialty restaurant, just a different menu served in that location.