Princess insurance question: who gets the credit?

junglejane

We are booked on a Baltic cruise on the Caribbean Princess and are coming up on final payment. We traditionally get the Princess Vacation Protection and as platinum members get the automatic upgrade to platinum coverage. One reason we like the Princess coverage is the cancel for any reason coverage. On this cruise, we are traveling with (and paying for) our 2 DD's who are 18 and 14. They have been on all of our Princess cruises with us, have their own Princess Captain's Circle numbers etc.

We are a little nervous about the situation with Russia. That has caused us to wonder about a number of questions. One is this: if we ended up cancelling and invoking the cancel for any reason coverage, would the cruise credit go to me and DH (as the people who paid for the cruise) or be posted to the accounts of our DD's? One reason this is a concern is that our 18 year old is starting college and we figure that in the near future we are likely to be cruising without her. And is there a deadline to use a such cruise credit before it expires? If it makes any difference, we have one parent booked in each cabin.

Regardless of who paid for a cruise, the CFAR credit goes back in the Captains Circle account of the person in whose name the cruise was booked (your daughter). She has until 12/31 of the year following the cruise to take a cruise using it (the sail date has to be within that time frame; the cruise does not have too be completed by 12/31). This means it could be used over a Christmas break.

What is the situation with Russia? Something new today?

Regardless of who paid for a cruise, the CFAR credit goes back in the Captains Circle account of the person in whose name the cruise was booked (your daughter). She has until 12/31 of the year following the cruise to take a cruise using it (the sail date has to be within that time frame; the cruise does not have too be completed by 12/31). This means it could be used over a Christmas break.

What is the situation with Russia? Something new today?

Haven't heard anything on the news about anything going on in Russia. Perhaps the OP is nervous about Putin?

He is still alive. :rolleyes:

Thanks everybody. You confirmed what I expected and made sense, that in the event of cancellation, any credit would go in the girls' accounts. It's not that anything has happened in the last few days, more generalized anxiety about Putin and the fear that he will turn his aggression to the Baltic states next and force NATO's hand somehow. St. Petersburg is the big attraction on this itinerary for us, but I'm sure we will go ahead and make final payment, buy our Princess insurance and hope for the best. (By the way, I'm still doing physical therapy to recover from the leg I broke in Mazatlan on my Crown Princess Christmas cruise, but expect to be in pretty good shape by June.) :)

Stop watching the news and go on your cruise as Rick Steves would say. Forget that old fart Putin just let him be. Your vacation can't be ruined by the government. If you feel safer booking ship sponsored excursions transfers then this is the best time to do it. Heck I want to go on a cruise to Russia and have no doubts booking one. If Princess cancels or modifies the itinerary then so be it.

Go and enjoy your family cruise before your daughter goes to college. If your too afraid switch to a Med or British Isles cruise

Enjoy yourself

Edited by travelplus