Britannia Help Needed Please

newparents

Hi, we are a family of 4 looking to book this ship but wanted to ask some advice pls ...

Is the kids club at front or back of ship?

Do they do drinks packages?

Are the inside cabins that hold 4 a decent size or mega cramped?

Any cabin you recommend in particular, this also includes balcony obstructed and not obstructed

Is there a costa coffee or coffee shop (market cafe i think its calked?!) And is it chargeable?

Are the dinner sittings 6.30 and 8.30??

Do they still do midnight or chocolate buffets (pleeease say yes 😉)

Phew, lots of questions i know, sorry but finding it hard to find the info i am looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hi, I will answer what I can.

Britannia has only just come back back from her maiden cruise so not many on here will be able to answer you specifically I would look out in the next few days for the first reviews (I can't wait to read them even though I'm not booked on her!)

The coffee place on board sounds like it is chargeable (as it is on some other P&O ships) but the cakes come free! There is also free coffee in the buffet and in your cabin.

If you choose club dining the dinner times will be 6.30 & 8.30 but you can also choose freedom dining, where you can go your restaurant anytime between 6 and 9.

I'm sorry I don't know about the kids clubs (having you tried looking for the deck plans?) and the cabin questions you will be best waiting for someone who has been on board.

Are the inside cabins that hold 4 a decent size or mega cramped?

Do they still do midnight or chocolate buffets (pleeease say yes )

Can't comment on Britannia (not on her until Christmas). On Azura the inside 4 berths are snug, more so when the Pullman berths (upper berths that drop down from the ceiling) are down, but we've managed with two children aged 12 and 18 at the time of our last cruise.

Basically there's a space between the beds (about 3 feet), a space between the end of the beds and the dressing table (also about 3 feet, although the configuration looks to be different on Britannia) and another space between the wardrobe area and bathroom, and that's it. You just have to be a bit organised when getting ready to go to breakfast/go out/go to dinner. We found it was rare we were all there at the same time for very long, so it wasn't a problem.

There are 2 places to get chargeable speciality coffees Java(Costa) and Market Cafe at bottom of Atrium which is slightly dearer for coffee(IMO its better than Costa) and also does speciality teas not available anywhere else on the ship. There is a midnight buffet but nothing to get too excited about and shuts at 2am and there is no chocolate buffet just an afternoon tea with a chocolate twist (P&Os description not mine).