Luggage Tag shows old room number

I called Customer service and told them my luggage tag has my old room number on it from my original booking. Said they would get me new ones in 24 hours. Well, it has been way past 24 hours and still no new ones. I call and they say that they see the request and should have soon. Anyone else have this happen? How long did it take to get new ones? We sail April 16th. I know I still have time but day after day and still no luggage tags. We keep getting closer.

Do you have your cruise docs? If you look in there toward the end there are luggage tags you can copy and print. If these are the tags you are talking about, then when you get to the port you can just have the porters make tags for you with the correct stateroom number on them.

Do you have your cruise docs? If you look in there toward the end there are luggage tags you can copy and print. If these are the tags you are talking about, then when you get to the port you can just have the porters make tags for you with the correct stateroom number on them.

On our cruise docs it all shows the old room number as well. Did not see the luggage tags at the back of them but I am assuming it will say the old room number because the cruise docs do. I clicked on a separate area that says print luggage tags and it shows the old number. So, the porters can make luggage tags too??

RCI has to re-issue your cruise documents before the luggage tag will show your new cabin number.

We changed our cabin two weeks before our recent Oz cruise and had to wait a few days before our eDocs were re-issued allowing us to print our new luggage tags. Same has happened in the past when our eDocs were issued showing only a gty category as the cabin.

A few times we changed cabins a day or two before our cruise. We simply covered the old cabin number with a white sticker with the new cabin and deck written on it with a sharpie permanent marker and our luggage got to our new cabin without problems. Doing this avoided the hassle of having the luggage porters do this for you as they simply write your cabin number with an ink pen on a tag with blank space where the cabin and deck info is located. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Print out the Tags and then make a label for them showing the new Cabin #. I did this for my SIL when she didn't get her tags before we left for Sydney, Aust but they were in the same cabin. I just printed out their Tags, made a label showing the new date and Cabin # and she attached them to her luggage Tags the night before our sailing.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Edocs with wrong luggage tags : Small problem.

Edocs showing wrong cabin : Big Problem.

You do not need luggage tags as mentioned above. You do need to be assigned to the right cabin. You need to address the cabin issue first and NOT the luggage tags.

Their system does not automatically update the cruise doc luggage tags when a room upgrade or change takes place. We have had it happen many times. A call and 48 hour wait usually does the trick. If it happens within a few days of sailing then the porters will take care of the luggage tags... we have had both situations happen many times in the last few years... In fact we seem to have it happen every cruise in the last few years with one of our rooms.

I called Customer service and told them my luggage tag has my old room number on it from my original booking. Said they would get me new ones in 24 hours. Well, it has been way past 24 hours and still no new ones. I call and they say that they see the request and should have soon. Anyone else have this happen? How long did it take to get new ones? We sail April 16th. I know I still have time but day after day and still no luggage tags. We keep getting closer.

If you have a labeler make up a small label with the proper cabin number and put it over the wrong cabin number. Then if the new labels are provided, you the new label. If not, use the modified label.

I too would be more concerned the docs were showing the old cabin number- when there is a cabin change the docs should change pretty quickly as well. We changed our cabin several weeks before departure, docs changed almost immediately, we just changed the luggage tags with a sharpie - no problem with delivery at all.

I too would be more concerned the docs were showing the old cabin number- when there is a cabin change the docs should change pretty quickly as well. We changed our cabin several weeks before departure, docs changed almost immediately, we just changed the luggage tags with a sharpie - no problem with delivery at all.

We are talking about Royal Caribbean here. Should has a much different meaning to Royal Caribbean than it does to you and I.

I just called again and rep did not understand why I have not received them yet. Cruise docs show old room number but sea pass shows correct room. She assured me I am all set and to cross off the old and write the new if I still don't receive my cruise docs in time. She said they do not get scanned at port or anything like that so she said I will be fine. Thanks for the recommendations to everyone. Guess that is what I am going to do. Just kind of frustrates me a little that they can't correct the luggage tags and cruise docs and send over like the rep said would happen.

Edited by TandK0826

The odd thing, my husband & I got all our tags and docs before we left for Sydney, and know the SIL had all 3 cruises paid in full before her final payment dates and RCCL couldn't figure out why she wasn't getting her tags & docs for the 2nd cruise. Our 3rd cruise was a b2b so didn't need to worry about tags.

Cruise # 1 March 19th to April 1, 2014 ( We left for Sydney, Aust March 15th)

Cruise 2 April 10 to 27th.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

The odd thing, my husband & I got all our tags and docs before we left for Sydney, and know the SIL had all 3 cruises paid in full before her final payment dates and RCCL couldn't figure out why she wasn't getting her tags & docs for the 2nd cruise. Our 3rd cruise was a b2b so didn't need to worry about tags.

Cruise # 1 March 19th to April 1, 2014 ( We left for Sydney, Aust March 15th)

Cruise 2 April 10 to 27th.

You never have to worry about tags (don't tell Michael Jordan I said that). You can always get the tags at the pier.

Cruizer if we ever run into that situation I won't worry about it and get the tags when we get to the pier. The reality is, we end up tearing them off anyway.

Have you tried something like this ...

tn_images--T--LT-53-PD-PRD-079-LuggageTag---jpg_w800_h800.jpg

LuggageTagHolder.jpgCruise+Tag.JPG

I just called again and rep did not understand why I have not received them yet. Cruise docs show old room number but sea pass shows correct room. She assured me I am all set and to cross off the old and write the new if I still don't receive my cruise docs in time. She said they do not get scanned at port or anything like that so she said I will be fine. Thanks for the recommendations to everyone. Guess that is what I am going to do. Just kind of frustrates me a little that they can't correct the luggage tags and cruise docs and send over like the rep said would happen.

We made a change to our cabin for an upcoming cruise. The Setsail Pass reflected the change almost immediately, but it was about 3 days before they reissued the cruise documents. I got an email letting me know when the new cruise docs were available.

So, if you just made the room change, be patient for now and give it a couple more days.

Edited by Paul65

I have a similar but minor problem now with my upcoming cruise but it is less serious than outdated cabin numbers.... my cruise docs was issued before the system got updated and it still shows my previous status as platinum in my luggage tag.

But my set sail pass now correctly shows that I am Emerald.

So consistent with the posts, the setsail pass was updated immediately but I think RCCL has to reissue my cruise docs for the luggage tags to reflect my correct status.

I have a similar but minor problem now with my upcoming cruise but it is less serious than outdated cabin numbers.... my cruise docs was issued before the system got updated and it still shows my previous status as platinum in my luggage tag.

But my set sail pass now correctly shows that I am Emerald.

So consistent with the posts, the setsail pass was updated immediately but I think RCCL has to reissue my cruise docs for the luggage tags to reflect my correct status.

The people handling your luggage don't care what your C&A status is.