Evening Excursions in St. Petersburg

hobbess

The local operators will generally only arrange an evening for you if you've taken their day tour. This might be because of the visa-free arrangements, or perhaps because the evening provides them with too small a margin to be worth a stand-alone. And some evening tours (but not the ballet) run on from daytime without an interim return to the ship.

But regardless of the tour or function, the evenings via accredited operators are visa-free, same as the daytime excursions.

Yes, if you're a ballet aficionado you'll need to be very picky - most have a reputation for being less-than-best.

And yes, the "Think Yourself Russian" folk show is also just for tourists. Excellent range, excellent standards of singing & musicians & dancing, some subtle humour, some side-splitting humour, some audience participation. The venue is "decayed decadence" - a large room with low stage along one side rather than auditorium, seating is on dining chairs. Great fun, very glad we went, but unashamedly for tourists. Certainly doesn't sound like it'd be your scene.

JB :)

I'm pulling this old thread up to ask a questions specific to day/night tours.

If you're taking a tour during the day with an independent tour company, can you take a ship's tour at night? Are there any restrictions to this due to the tour visa that has to be issued?

I'm pulling this old thread up to ask a questions specific to day/night tours.

If you're taking a tour during the day with an independent tour company, can you take a ship's tour at night? Are there any restrictions to this due to the tour visa that has to be issued?

It's not a problem. I did this. Took a two-day tour with Den Rus and then (in order to see Catherine's Palace) did the ship "exclusive evening opening" there.

It's not a problem. I did this. Took a two-day tour with Den Rus and then (in order to see Catherine's Palace) did the ship "exclusive evening opening" there.

Thank you cruisemom42! We will be back from the day tour around 5-5:30. Evening tour starts around 7pm. So no overlap. Just didn't know if there was some restriction on having to go with one company...either ship or independent tour group for 100% of the entire time we are there.

You may not be interested but SPB tours does a Vodka Tour at night!!

Is the Vodka Tour with SPB Tours the same excursion as 'go out like a local'. We're booked on this for our 17th July Cruise but it requires a minimum of 6 people & I'm concerned that if it doesn't go ahead we'll be left without an evening excursion.

Hi,

Before I start a thread seems a lot of knowledge on this thread.

I have the ship Russian ballet tour. booked. It is in July .

Are the theatres air conditioned? We are also booked on 2 day ship tour )

And thinking I want to be comfortable at this point!

Ship tour ballet worth it? Is it at hermitage????

Thanks

Kerri

Is the Vodka Tour with SPB Tours the same excursion as 'go out like a local'. We're booked on this for our 17th July Cruise but it requires a minimum of 6 people & I'm concerned that if it doesn't go ahead we'll be left without an evening excursion.

Did you post on your roll call? Also email SPB with your concerns. I hope the can make suggestions.

Hi,

Before I start a thread seems a lot of knowledge on this thread.

I have the ship Russian ballet tour. booked. It is in July .

Are the theatres air conditioned? We are also booked on 2 day ship tour )

And thinking I want to be comfortable at this point!

Ship tour ballet worth it? Is it at hermitage????

Thanks

Kerri

I have no idea at which theater your ship's excursion to the ballet will be held - I suggest you check with your cruise line. To answer you other question: the theaters in St. Petersburg are not air conditioned.

Edited by dogs4fun

You really need to know the operator that your friends' TA has booked with !!

JB :)

Have you looked on the roll call for your cruise? A man on ours has started a group to do the evening vodka tasting canal cruise - I'm pretty sure it's thru TJ Travels (one of the top recommended tour companies on Trip Advisor). The organizer is taking one of their day tours and that's enough of a connection to the tour company that they will play CK up others from the ship.

Also, they're willing to pick me up for the evening tour of the Faberge Museum even though I'm not taking one of their day tours - my husband is so we'll have that connection to the company.