Room Service Menu changes explained

I went to the website. It's there. It is worded strangely.

On one hand they say some of it is complimentary, but on the other hand say there is a convenience charge for delivery? So in the end its not complimentary.

This type of thing seems silly.

People are on board with the increased gratuity, so don't push it.

NCL has all this new business with the freestyle promotion and they are going to turn it around and destroy any goodwill they may gain over trying to pass the cost of doing business off to the customer.

I can't see how this won't backfire.

They need to hire someone in PR who updates their website who knows how to read and write and comprehend the English language!

Harriet

I believe , as has been posted by others, that this "test" is to find a price point for their new 'convenience fee'. What makes me believe this? Why would NCL go to the trouble of changing the wording on their web page in regards to room service if this was only a "test"? They have certainly not been rushing to make those changes in regards to all the other recent increases they have been adding.

In regards to food, last night their FAQ 'Cruise-Fare-Includes' webpage stated;

Meals in the complimentary dining venues, i.e.:

Two main dining rooms on every ship except Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway which have three

Buffet

24-hour Dining venue (on select ships)

Room service from 5 am to midnight (small service fee applies between midnight and 5 am)

Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)

Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)

Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)

Today the same webpage states;

Meals in the complimentary dining venues, i.e.:

Two main dining rooms on every ship except Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway which have three

Buffet

24-hour Dining venue (on select ships)

Room service menu items (convenience charge may apply)

Outdoor Buffet (on select ships)

Pool Bar and Grill (on select ships)

Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)

Were they just changing the wording on their website for a two week trial? I doubt it. The only thing they have not settled on is the price point.

Also interesting to note that for the Coffee Bar it states that regular coffee and pastries are included. I myself have been told in the past the regular coffee is not available. Nice to know that I can indeed get a cup of regular coffee without having to run up to the buffet.

Rochelle

If the room service "convenience fee" is only a test (I personally believe the only test part is how much they can charge) why is the website now including it? Check out the last line on this page. (Does this mean suites not in the haven will pay and haven suites won't???? http://www.ncl.com/faq/cruise-fare-includes

As this is only being 'tested' on the Breakaway and Getaway those two ships don't have suites but only have Haven.

Harriet

As this is only being 'tested' on the Breakaway and Getaway those two ships don't have suites but only have Haven.

Harriet

You seriously think this will not expand to the rest of the fleet? They are not updating the website for a test.

Their website often doesn't distinguish between regular and haven suites. Just look at the cancellation policy.

Usually corporations will roll out price increases and additional fees slowly as not to scare off frequent passengers. It seems this new team at NCL is oblivious to this concept. I can't imagine this will sit well with cruisers, even those not as savvy as CruiseCritic members. As has been said before, a lot of people will now have to weigh the total costs of the cruise and may find out that some of the more "upscale lines" may offer a better total value. I don't know. I do hope that this is the last of the nickel and dime changes for awhile.

I agree! So many change and price increases in a short span of time. It is making my head spin, can't keep up anymore.

We have never used room service, but it is a good option for those who use it.

If they charge suite people what would be the point of having a butler? Part of the reason we book suites is the convenience of having a butler to deliver food when we want it. That is the main purpose of their job. The room steward can service the coffee maker just as well as a butler.

I called and spoke to a supervisor and my original information was incorrect. She could not explain why the price difference between the ships. She also advised they are making a lot of changes right now. She did confirm that the Haven will NOT be charged. She also confirmed no more free first night for the dinner shows [emoji20]. I am sorry for any confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

Thank you for posting the auto response. I think at this point if you provide a copy of the enhancements in the menu it would help everyone understand why and the benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The highlighted green and red above contradict each other. May I suggest that you find someone who can read, write, and comprehend the English language when you write these auto responses up. Thank you.

Harriet

The highlighted green and red above contradict each other. May I suggest that you find someone who can read, write, and comprehend the English language when you write these auto responses up. Thank you.

Harriet

Yes!!! This is the biggest load of BS wording I have ever seen!

Here is what was posted in two other threads:

take it for what it is worth

Usually corporations will roll out price increases and additional fees slowly as not to scare off frequent passengers. It seems this new team at NCL is oblivious to this concept. I can't imagine this will sit well with cruisers, even those not as savvy as CruiseCritic members. As has been said before, a lot of people will now have to weigh the total costs of the cruise and may find out that some of the more "upscale lines" may offer a better total value. I don't know. I do hope that this is the last of the nickel and dime changes for awhile.

My guess is that there are more first time cruisers out there than we realize

Just because all of us on cc are addicted doesn't mean everyone is. Lol

Ncl must do enough homework to know that a great majority of the pax on every sailing are newbies..... And therefore..... Just do not realize what has been taken away and what charges have gone up

IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

How is it BS? It says menu items are complimentary and a convenience charge will be added...look up convenience charge.

Look up complimentary...

Next on the horizon, main dining room is still complimentary, but there is a $20 per person convenience charge. is that ok in your book for those who booked and at the time of booking were told that these meals were included?

Edited by shapatack0