Room Service Menu changes explained

Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed.

So is there still complimentary items or will there be a charge with every order ?

Because it can't be both.

The type is to small , had to do a file .

Suite room service menu .. Getaway 3/21-3/28 PH.

I cant get it to the right size so you can read it . If you want a copy of the file shoot me an email. ;)

matt

I wasn't able to enlarge and read the menu.

Could I bother you to please send me a copy at the e-mail address in my signature? I'd be very appreciative. :)

I wasn't able to enlarge and read the menu.

Could I bother you to please send me a copy at the e-mail address in my signature? I'd be very appreciative. :)

Hi Sail,

I will leave it to Matt to send you his copy of the Room Service menu. It is nothing compared to HAL's.

If you would like to have a look at other menus you can find on the Dawn here is a link to a site with lots of information and it appears they have the updated menus;

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-dawn-menus.html

On a side note, I think it is great you are looking at getting back to cruising. Better yet in the company of your friends. As someone who has sailed solo on both lines I can tell you that the bigger ships on NCL have solo cabins and an exclusive lounge for singles to gather. On those ships they do often organize for the singles to get together for dinner. People who meet each other through these activities might choose to share other meals or shore excursions etc. Unfortunately, on the smaller ships, there will be very little if any of this. Personally I prefer HAL in this regard. Set dining and organized single/solo lunches I felt was a better option. At least as far as smaller ships are concerned.

To the OP; Sorry for straying off topic there. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Rochelle

MAYBE I CAN PICK MY ORDER UP :p

I wonder if you can order it to go and pick it up your self :p

Order at the speaker which is located where the washy, washy person is, pay your convenience fee of $9.95 instituted 5 minutes ago (it will be quicker than room service delivery so you should pay for this convenience), go to window 2 for pick-up. Easy peasy:)

Edited by pizzalady1

May I suggest that you find someone who can read, write, and comprehend the English language when you write these auto responses up. Thank you.

Harriet

Thank you! I first saw NCL's horribly worded and pathetic explanation of this on the other thread on this topic earlier today. I have not weighed in on a single one of the many "new charge" threads that have been on here over the past several weeks. I am just trying to stay positive and not stress myself out over a vacation, which should be a relaxing and enjoyable event!

However, I was appalled at the confusing phrasing and (un?)intentionally misleading wording of this statement. I thought I was perhaps just being a nasty, cantankerous English teacher, but frankly, I had to read the statement three times just to comprehend it. I spend my life teaching teenagers to read Shakespeare, Fitzgerald, Miller, etc., and then deciphering their analyses of said texts, and I needed to really get the wheels turning in my brain on this one. So again, thank you for validating my annoyance at the idiocy of their reply. :D On the upside, I will now be able to offer new encouragement to those students who truly struggle to write clearly by telling them they can have bright futures in NCL marketing. :p

Thank you! I first saw NCL's horribly worded and pathetic explanation of this on the other thread on this topic earlier today. I have not weighed in on a single one of the many "new charge" threads that have been on here over the past several weeks. I am just trying to stay positive and not stress myself out over a vacation, which should be a relaxing and enjoyable event!

However, I was appalled at the confusing phrasing and (un?)intentionally misleading wording of this statement. I thought I was perhaps just being a nasty, cantankerous English teacher, but frankly, I had to read the statement three times just to comprehend it. I spend my life teaching teenagers to read Shakespeare, Fitzgerald, Miller, etc., and then deciphering their analyses of said texts, and I needed to really get the wheels turning in my brain on this one. So again, thank you for validating my annoyance at the idiocy of their reply. :D On the upside, I will now be able to offer new encouragement to those students who truly struggle to write clearly by telling them they can have bright futures in NCL marketing. :p

Have a little compassion, Dorhead. It is extremely difficult to be in the position of having to explain the inexplicable.

I called NCL and they clarified the new room service menu. I hope this is not a repeat post. So here it goes

Part of the menu with be complimentary as always.

Part of the menu with have items for $4.95.

Part of the menu with have items for $7.95.

They are only testing this menu on the Breakaway and Getaway at this time.

I hope that this experiment doesn't go fleet wide.

Edited by gwsster
better clarifications

I called NCL and they clarified the new room service menu. I hope this is not a repeat post. So here it goes

Part of the menu with be complimentary as always.

Part of the menu with have items for $4.95.

Part of the menu with have items for $7.95.

They are only testing this menu on the Breakaway and Getaway at this time.

I hope that this experiment doesn't go fleet wide.

If this is true that only part of the menu will incur a fee, NCL really shouldn't be posting all over social media that "a convenience fee of up to $7.95 will be added to EACH ORDER PLACED."

It is pretty obvious that these changes will be rolled out fleet wide at some point in the near future. I spoke with my PCC that inadvertantly acknowledged this fact when he told me that "you will be fine sailing by that date and won't have to worry about the changes".. He then went on to say that this was only a trial on two ships at this time. However, the wording on the website has been changed to reflect that these charges will not apply to suite guests as well as Haven guests. Well, neither one of these trial ships have regular suites. That also serves as an indirect acknowledgement. You do not have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out this mystery!

NCL, if you are reading this post.. I wan't to let you know that your quest to milk your extra "$50 a person" is going to cost you a lot more than you will reap from it. Let it be known that I am a suite guest, and the two upcoming trips I have booked with you are not directly affected by your money grab. However, it certainly has a great impact with the way I view your company. I will most certainly not book with you again. I find it deplorable that you are willing to sell out your reputation to make a little extra money. You promised a service to your clientele. Many of these people have booked months to even years in advance with the understanding that you were to provide them a predetermined set of services. You then just decide to change that list of services and expect them to be okay with it. What if I just decided to change the amount of money I was willing to pay you for the cruises I have booked? You would tell me to pound sand and would deny my admission to your ship. Yet, you find it okay to reduce the level of service you provide.. without advance notice.. and we are supposed to be okay with that? You must consider us to be fools.

It is true that you have my money already for my cruise sailing this May, but you do not have it for the one next year. My bill for that cruise is around $5000. You have to sell a lot of room service to make up that amount of money. You also stand to lose the amount of money on the goods and services I would purchase on the ship.. I am betting I am not the only one willing to put my money where my mouth is and move over to another line. FDR, I would reconsider the way you are treating your passengers. These changes are likely to have a different consequence than you intended.

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

You have posted this FIVE times.

FIVE TIMES.

and... it still makes me want to scrub my eyeballs after reading this drivel.

How do you look yourself in the mirror after writing this sort of nonsense?

Well said jazz....I always wondered why people complained about nickel and diming....ncl wasn't really any different than the other lines I have sailed on...until the last couple of weeks and this new fee is crazy...the breakfast lines will be even longer...who would pay that for cold,plastic eggs...

Good thing we booked a suite because I would definitely cancel over this fee. We use room service ALOT when we cruise. Get sick and tired of fighting the crowds at the buffets, restaurants etc.

Good thing we booked a suite because I would definitely cancel over this fee. We use room service ALOT when we cruise. Get sick and tired of fighting the crowds at the buffets, restaurants etc.

I'm not counting my blessings there yet.

The following items are not included in the cruise fare:

• Convenience Charge for Room Service on non-Haven Suites

http://www.ncl.com/faq/cruise-fare-includes

Just talking out loud, if these convenience fee is only being tested on the Breakaway and Getaway, why has the website FAQ been changed so quickly! Things that make you go hmmm!

That convenience charge auto post from NCL really winds me up. It's not a convenience charge, if the food is complimentary its a service / delivery charge.

I agree can we phone in orders and collect them from a designated location like O'Sheehan's, In fact for $7.95 a go I'll pick up the neighbours orders in the morning as well :)