Room Service Menu changes explained

I called NCL and they clarified the new room service menu. I hope this is not a repeat post. So here it goes

Part of the menu with be complimentary as always.

Part of the menu with have items for $4.95.

Part of the menu with have items for $7.95.

They are only testing this menu on the Breakaway and Getaway at this time.

If someone has clear pictures of the menu that would be great

Sorry again if duplicate post but I wanted some clear information and the other post was too long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that is correct information. Someone has posted a picture here on cc, and it states in, I think it was, The Freestyle Daily, that there is a $7.95 charge for room fee. Not for certain items like you are describing.

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu which is being tested on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge will be added to each order placed. As we test and refine this new room service menu the convenience charge will be $7.95 on Norwegian Breakaway and $4.95 on board Norwegian Getaway. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day. During the test room service across the balance of the fleet remains unchanged.

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu which is being tested on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge will be added to each order placed. As we test and refine this new room service menu the convenience charge will be $7.95 on Norwegian Breakaway and $4.95 on board Norwegian Getaway. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day. During the test room service across the balance of the fleet remains unchanged.

This is what I was told also. I was told the $4.95 or $7.95 was depending on the items ordered.

Why is NY being charged $3.00 for more, Is it less convenient for the wait staff to navigate the BA hallways as opposed to the IDENTICAL ship in Miami???????

So that New Yorkers will have more reasons to whine.

Naturally.

Seems like they are saying the food remains complimentary as always. But to bring it to your door, it's $4.95 or $7.95. Sort of like the pizza has always been.

Or Im wrong

That is incorrect. Some come to the door free some for $4.95 and some for $7.95. At least that is how it was explained to me

Seems like they are saying the food remains complimentary as always. But to bring it to your door, it's $4.95 or $7.95. Sort of like the pizza has always been.

Or Im wrong

That's how I read it, too.

That is incorrect. Some come to the door free some for $4.95 and some for $7.95. At least that is how it was explained to me

That's not what the FAQ entry quoted above says...

Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge will be added to each order placed. As we test and refine this new room service menu the convenience charge will be $7.95 on Norwegian Breakaway and $4.95 on board Norwegian Getaway.

It says that the items are free, but there is a "convenience charge" for them to bring them to your cabin, and it is different on the BA vs. GA.

That's how I read it, too.

That's not what the FAQ entry quoted above says...

It says that the items are free, but there is a "convenience charge" for them to bring them to your cabin, and it is different on the BA vs. GA.

My apologies for the mistake but I guess it can be read either way

can you post the link to this?

Why is NY being charged $3.00 for more, Is it less convenient for the wait staff to navigate the BA hallways as opposed to the IDENTICAL ship in Miami???????

Everything in New York costs more . Now it will follow you to Sea.. ;)

"Conveniance charge"... I love how that expression makes no sense!

"For your own conveniance, we will charge you a mandatory fee so you can obtain these complimentary items." How conveniant is that?

The way I see it, they should have called that fee "Shipping and Handling". It would have been less of an insult to our intelligence.

I went to the website. It's there. It is worded strangely.

On one hand they say some of it is complimentary, but on the other hand say there is a convenience charge for delivery? So in the end its not complimentary.

This type of thing seems silly.

People are on board with the increased gratuity, so don't push it.

NCL has all this new business with the freestyle promotion and they are going to turn it around and destroy any goodwill they may gain over trying to pass the cost of doing business off to the customer.

I can't see how this won't backfire.

Anyone want to see a copy of the room service menu I brought home yesterday ? Getaway .

Its from a suite , I dont know if its any different than the other..

Bueller ?

Sure I would love to see a copy..and hopefully the OP will also bring home a copy of the one being 'tested' and we can do a comparison.

Rochelle

Usually corporations will roll out price increases and additional fees slowly as not to scare off frequent passengers. It seems this new team at NCL is oblivious to this concept. I can't imagine this will sit well with cruisers, even those not as savvy as CruiseCritic members. As has been said before, a lot of people will now have to weigh the total costs of the cruise and may find out that some of the more "upscale lines" may offer a better total value. I don't know. I do hope that this is the last of the nickel and dime changes for awhile.

I called NCL and they clarified the new room service menu. I hope this is not a repeat post. So here it goes

Part of the menu with be complimentary as always.

Part of the menu with have items for $4.95.

Part of the menu with have items for $7.95.

They are only testing this menu on the Breakaway and Getaway at this time.

If someone has clear pictures of the menu that would be great

Sorry again if duplicate post but I wanted some clear information and the other post was too long

Those in suites/Haven still have the fees depending on what 'part' of the menu they order from?

Harriet

Those in suites/Haven still have the fees depending on what 'part' of the menu they order from?

Harriet

If the room service "convenience fee" is only a test (I personally believe the only test part is how much they can charge) why is the website now including it? Check out the last line on this page. (Does this mean suites not in the haven will pay and haven suites won't???? http://www.ncl.com/faq/cruise-fare-includes