Attaching luggage labels after flight

golfer1948

First time on a fly/cruise. Do not want to attach the cabin luggage labels before the flight as they will probably be removed /damaged upon arrival. Do I have to take a stapler and attach them between luggage collection and the transfer to the ship or are the cabin luggage labels different for a fly cruise?

If you have ( or have printed off) the old type then you'll need to have on hand a small stapler ( or some Tape)... However, the new style are now 'loop through around the handle'.

Yes you would be wise not to attach the cruise labels before your flight.

:)

The Cruise Critic Store has some clear luggage tag holders that we have now used on 4 cruises that work great. Just make sure you order the wide ones.

Bob

I don't think they are of use any more. The new type luggage labels that Cunard brought in last December have to be attached as a complete circle round your luggage handles.

I don't think they are of use any more. The new type luggage labels that Cunard brought in last December have to be attached as a complete circle round your luggage handles.
Do you still print them yourself? If so, I wonder if anyone could post a pdf of that page or a link so we could see how they different.

Bob

Remember the very long thread from November. Post 151 shows part of new style the labels.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2129435&highlight=luggage&page=2

Thanks for the link. Apparently, I didn't follow that thread to the end the first time around. I'll have to hope that the hotel we are staying in before our next voyage will let us use their trusty stapler or tape (unless the CC Store comes up some new style luggage tag holders.)

Bob

last fall on QM2 we attached our Cunard tags once we arrived at the embarkation port. The porters had staplers.

We embark QV in LAX next week. Plan to attach the Cunard tags on arrival at the port. I do not trust the airline to not remove the Cunard tags.

Thanks for the link. Apparently, I didn't follow that thread to the end the first time around. I'll have to hope that the hotel we are staying in before our next voyage will let us use their trusty stapler or tape (unless the CC Store comes up some new style luggage tag holders.)

Bob

Have found the plastic holders still to be of use, just fold new style labels showing Voyage/Markings and year to be visible from both sides with your contact ships name etc details also showing on one side and attach to handle

Edited by Pennbank

Have found the plastic holders still to be of use, just fold new style labels showing Voyage/Markings and year to be visible from both sides with your contact ships name etc details also showing on one side and attach to handle

Right - unless the labels are huge it certainly seems that they could be so folded so that they key information would appear. It is ridiculous to have to either carry or borrow a stapler.

Right - unless the labels are huge it certainly seems that they could be so folded so that they key information would appear. It is ridiculous to have to either carry or borrow a stapler.

When folded as stated size is 10 x 6.5cm

Also prevents baggage handler from injury re staples etc,

Edited by Pennbank

I have some of the plastic label holders (from Thanet) but I didn't use them in December because Cunard specifically told us how to (and how not to) fold and attach the new style labels. i.e. in a full circle round the case handle.

First time on a fly/cruise. Do not want to attach the cabin luggage labels before the flight as they will probably be removed /damaged upon arrival. Do I have to take a stapler and attach them between luggage collection and the transfer to the ship or are the cabin luggage labels different for a fly cruise?

Someone has already mentioned the 'Thanet' clear holders. They work great for exactly the purpose you require...

Most recently on the Britannia Maiden...

16390552223_26ba43531e_z.jpg

and a Queen Mary 2 past voyage...

17010669265_6758eb4dca_z.jpg

Edited by Solent Richard

The transfer staff at Heathrow rarely has staplers. I use some of the small identity code adhesives on the airline label, there are usually 3 left on each label. They stick very well.