Coke or Pepsi?

Khsh08

My brother and his girl friend are going on the Getaway in a few days. Can anyone tell me if they have coke or Pepsi sodas? Can they bring coke on board if they wanted to? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Coke Zero and found machines in the terminal that had Coke products. Bought 6 or 7 bottles and stuffed them in my carryon. The next cruise out of Miami I must have gotten there a little later. ALL of the Zeros and Diet Cokes had been emptied out by the time I got there:eek::eek::eek:

Pepsi has a contract with NCL and drinks at most watering holes are dispensed

with a multi-beverage soda device - in other words no cans. Cans maybe found

in your stateroom fridge. Some bars do have cans but must be requested.

Theme behind this is going Green.

Regarding bringing soda beverages on board - feel free to Lug or whatever method

works to have your favorite "pop" on board. The mini-fridge in your stateroom

will hold (if emptied of the NCL seaway robbery stuff) about a dozen cans.

Hint: if on a seven day voyage with a few stops/port calls bring a six pack along

and go ashore at the ports and replenish your supply albeit a tad bit more expensive

than bringing a 24 can "suitcase" - but a lot easier than 'Lugging'.

For voyages of 10 or more days consider - a 12 pack - depends on the

ports of call. Most ports of call in the Western Hemisphere have Coke in cans

although finding the Diet Coke or caffeine free stuff could pose a problem.

Avoid bringing the 20 oz or liter bottles they do not fit well in the mini-fridge -

but if you do have your cabin attendant provide you will lots of ice.

7UP and Dr.PEPPER are other soft drinks VOID on NCL !

Beware that soft drinks aka 'pop' have for the most part a shelf life especially

the Diet types - If not consumed say within 6 months they could go FLAT on

taste and whatever you do - "DO NOT TRY TO BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY BY

THOROUGHLY SHAKING UP THE CAN BEFORE POPPING IT OPEN"!

What a waste of recent fine vintage !

I love my Coke Zero and found machines in the terminal that had Coke products. Bought 6 or 7 bottles and stuffed them in my carryon. The next cruise out of Miami I must have gotten there a little later. ALL of the Zeros and Diet Cokes had been emptied out by the time I got there:eek::eek::eek:

Beat that game by stopping at a convenience store enroute to the ship or if

staying in hotel pre-cruise look for the beverage machine. Even at a buck an

a half beats the single serving on the ship.

I drink coke in a glass bottle...no cans. I like diet caffeine free Pepsi in the afternoon...I can handle diet cf Pepsi in a can...I'm out of luck on most cruise ships...so I drink sangrias instead.

Edited by Granny DI

Oceania is Coke, and back in the day before they included all non-alcoholic drinks in the cruise fare, it cost $2.95/can including gratuity. Not only do I not want to pay that much, I prefer Diet Pepsi. Once, on a 26 day cruise, I packed 2 - 36 packs, 72 cans total (the 36 packs come from Sams Club). One medium suitcase would hold the 2 packs, but that made it too heavy, so I packed two suitcases, each half with clothes and half with Pepsi. The 72 cans almost made it through the 26 days; I had to find a 6 pack in a local store (I averaged 3 cans/day).

Now that Diet Coke is included in the cruise fare on Oceania, I've learned to drink it. It's amazing how your tastes can accommodate something if it's free...

I do get the soda card on NCL, and appreciate the Pepsi, but if it was Coke it wouldn't be a big deal. Some land restaurants serve Coke and some Pepsi; it would never affect my choice of which restaurant. Only undercooked ribs or greasy onion rings could do that.

When I was younger I insisted on my favorite, but now that I'm almost 75 years old, I've mellowed and learned to be more tolerant.

...and sad at the same time! I'm a Coke person, but that certainly wouldn't (and hasn't) stop me!

All I can say is, don't let the door...

And I thought I had no tact...:)

I'm Pepsi drinker by heart but even that doesn't stop me from enjoying other lines - there's always ginger ale, alcoholic beverages, wine and water. :p

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I'm glad they have Pepsi products. To many locales serve strictly Coke. It is great to have the choice. The real problem is that Coke and Pepsi both want exclusive rights to serve their products. They should both have enough confidence in their products to allow competition, but that isn't the way of American companies unfortunately.

My husband only drinks Dr. Pepper. We packed a small soft sided cooler that folds flat in our carry on and then walked next door to the grocery store by our hotel and bought a couple of six packs for the cruise. He didn't even drink it all because most of the time he was drinking iced tea instead.

I prefer Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi so I'll probably bring a six pack of those with us for this years cruise and Dr. Pepper for him. I only drank water and iced tea last time and it sure didn't hurt me to forgo sodas on our last cruise (11 days). I don't think I'd let what soda products they serve or don't serve on board prevent me from taking a cruise.

And I thought I had no tact...:)

I'm Pepsi drinker by heart but even that doesn't stop me from enjoying other lines - there's always ginger ale, alcoholic beverages, wine and water. :p

I've seen some of your other posts and you have less tact than a tactless person from Tactville!

I was responding to a dumb post (kinda like I'm doing now ;)).

I've seen some of your other posts and you have less tact than a tactless person from Tactville!

I was responding to a dumb post (kinda like I'm doing now ;)).

I was going to respond to that person post with a door comment as well but you pretty much said it anyway - Goes to show I do have some self-restraint when it comes to commenting. lol.

Edit: No, I'm not from Tactville - I'm from Off-the-Cuff township a subdivision of No-Filter county. ;)

Edited by maywell

You can bring your own soda or water on-board. We have brought both on board before. We have also bought additional soda (Coca cola) products in ports before and brought them on-board. Their only concern is that you don't bring alcohol on-board, or you pay a corkage fee for wine brought on-board. Everything is ran through a scanner and they have never asked to open my bags to check my Coke Zero.

You can bring your own soda or water on-board. We have brought both on board before. We have also bought additional soda (Coca cola) products in ports before and brought them on-board. Their only concern is that you don't bring alcohol on-board, or you pay a corkage fee for wine brought on-board. Everything is ran through a scanner and they have never asked to open my bags to check my Coke Zero.

Thank you. That is good to know! We will have UBP, and I will more than likely drink Iced Tea (if they have unsweetened), but I occasionally like a Diet Coke! I prefer Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi, so I will try to stuff a couple of cans into my carry on!