Felicia Bear has a sibling...

I am really surprised they did not commission three Public Art Projects from the same artist, Lawrence Argent. This would have given a continuity across the class of ships.

I am wondering if this piece was selected by International Corporate Art as 'From Afar' was on Quantum.

I liked the bear, but not as big a fan of the giraffe. Since the bear was abstract it had a very clear art presence to it and stood out on the ship, this looks a bit cheap and cheesy to me.

Couldn't agree more. I think it's really cheesy.

Btw, I also love the bear on Quantum because its abstract. The giraffe just looks like a giant DreamWorks character.

I am really surprised they did not commission three Public Art Projects from the same artist, Lawrence Argent. This would have given a continuity across the class of ships.

I am wondering if this piece was selected by International Corporate Art as 'From Afar' was on Quantum.

I agree, that is exactly what I was hoping for. I wanted three different animals, that all had the same look and design to them.

Well I guess since both Quantum and Ovation are going to China, they figured there would need to be sense of continuity across the ships. ;)

I liked the bear, but not as big a fan of the giraffe. Since the bear was abstract it had a very clear art presence to it and stood out on the ship, this looks a bit cheap and cheesy to me.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm a big fan of the bear (so much so that when were recently in denver for the first time, i made my DH schlep across the city to see the matching blue bear there), and I love giraffes, but this just looks like a blown-up child's toy. I'm all for whimsical art, but this looks, as you said, cheap and cheesy. I'm still holding out hope that it's an April Fool's joke....

I'm a big fan of the bear (so much so that when were recently in denver for the first time, i made my DH schlep across the city to see the matching blue bear there), and I love giraffes, but this just looks like a blown-up child's toy. I'm all for whimsical art, but this looks, as you said, cheap and cheesy. I'm still holding out hope that it's an April Fool's joke....

I too like the style of the red bear, but I'm enjoying the look of the new giraffe sculpture.

After all, as the song goes... Giraffes just want to have fun.

75d6f1e42739ec8096d8b1e787862781.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I too like the style of the red bear, but I'm enjoying the look of the new giraffe sculpture.

After all, as the song goes... Giraffes just want to have fun.

I'll admit, in this pic, and the others on the anthem construction thread where she's on deck, i like the giraffe a little better. i'll reserve judgment 'til i see her in person. still sad it's not another argent bear, though!

and now that darn song is in my head! off to dig out DH's old cyndy lauper albums.... :D

and totally, totally psyched about the puzzle room! i'm traveling with a bunch of board-game geeks, science and computer-y folks, and patent attorneys - i have a feeling the puzzle room will be a must-do. and i'll just be glad they're along to get me out of there! :eek:

Here's the Denver Bear.

de733abb5481f4f253c4be8f1e6a45f4.jpg.9d57b48f8257c45a61c5f436a70f86a1.jpg

It's a giraffe!

790b0bb5c7a18f8dfdaf0b78fe3155e7.jpg

Hi Lloyd, I am doing the Anthem TA and I just love the Giraffe, are you going to do the TA on the Anthem? it would be nice to see you again:cool:

My DH Bob will be sailing with me this time and we are going to stay at the Holiday Inn again:D

We will enjoy all those lemon drops:eek:

Carol:)