Equinox vs Reflection

european73

I am just off 11 days on Equinox, which is a wonderful ship with a great crew. It has the glass blowing area on the top deck, which is great the first time or two, but for us, we prefer The Lawn Club Grill restaurant in that space on Reflection.

Reflection also has the Alcoves, which many of us really enjoy but others think is an abomination :-). Just depends on what amenities you want. You can't go wrong with either ship.

Edited by redjetz

Last year we were on both ships and liked them both, in our opinion the food on Equinox was better.

There are a few differences in amenities but that for us is not something which would influence which ship to book, it's food and itinerary every time.

If one itinerary is even slightly better, definitely go with that. The ships are very similar. Most people would prefer the specialty restaurant selection on the Reflection, and that ship also has a somewhat bigger and better Persian Garden. There are other nice touches and overall Reflection is a mild improvement over other S-class ships.

We sailed the Reflection, 7 day Eastern, Nov 2013, and the Equinox for the 11 day Ultimate Nov 2014. The wifester liked the Reflection better than the Equinox.

Reflection, we really liked the Lawn Club Grill, and the way the Sunset Bar was set up.

On the Equinox the GastroBar was really a nice place, and Silk Harvest was one of the best meals of the cruise. Liked the Oceanview Bar aft for relaxing an chatting with others after a busy day.

I am looking at a 2016 Mediterranean cruise on either Equinox or Reflection. Both itins look appealing to me so the question really is: which ship to choose - I have never sailed on a Solstice class vessel.

Reflection has more passengers and smaller Sky Lounge but it has Lawn Grill restaraunt. They are both S class ships with great crew.

Have been on both...Reflection is our least fav S class ship...just don't care for the larger size, extra pax and some aspects of the layout.

We prefer the spa being on same deck as the Solarium, which is not the case on Reflection. Canyon Ranch spa rooms and Relaxation Room are awesome on Reflection but we preferred the Persian Gardens and locker area on the other S class ships.

The main nightclub on Reflection is on the deck with the Solarium but is truncated

No Lawn Club Grill on Equinox but it had Silk Harvest and now also Gastropub...BLU was nice on both ships.

Rear outdoor bar area is different on Ref...large bar in center..harder to enjoy music....we prefer the more intimate space on Equinox.but others seemed to like it better.

For Medit itin, I'd pick the one with fewer pax...but either will be a great choice! Enjoy!

Edited by hcat

We did both cruises with Wallie and would probably give the edge to the Equinox only because of the specialty restaurants offered. Hubby liked the Lawn Club Grill on Reflection but wasn't a big fan of Qsine. On Equinox there is the glass show instead of the Lawn Club, but they have Silk Harvest instead of Qsine, which as Wallie points out, is fabulous! We ate there 4 times during our cruise on the Equinox, we would not have eaten at Qsine that frequently.

I have only been on the Reflection so cannot comment on the Equinox. Given that you don't have any previous experience cruising on any S-Class ship, you will find either ship a good choice. Having cruised on other larger cruise ships, I did not feel like the Reflection was "too big". It was an enjoyable experience compared to my many other cruises on the M-Class ships.

We did both cruises with Wallie and would probably give the edge to the Equinox only because of the specialty restaurants offered. Hubby liked the Lawn Club Grill on Reflection but wasn't a big fan of Qsine. On Equinox there is the glass show instead of the Lawn Club, but they have Silk Harvest instead of Qsine, which as Wallie points out, is fabulous! We ate there 4 times during our cruise on the Equinox, we would not have eaten at Qsine that frequently.

Bev, We are so going to miss ya'll this year:o

But are so not jelious :D of your wonderful back to back on the Allure and Silhoutte.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

We sailed both ships in the span of a few months. We LOVED each trip. Celebrity is amazing. Here is why we prefer Equinox

1. Hot glass show is phenomenal. Talented artisan at work on a ship in middle of the ocean. It's fascinating entertaining and educational. On reflection it's yet another pay extra to grill your own steak or pizza.

2. The lawn area is awesome everyone actually used it. People played and couples had picnics and the views were great verses the reflection where this space is blocked off views unless you pay extra to use. Very silly waste in our eyes.

3. The fun bar and area to play ping pong or do karaoke across from celebrity central is a great area on the reflection it is convention rooms :(

4. The sky lounge is HUGE AND AWESOME on the reflection it is half the size.

5. More relaxed feel to it where the reflection seemed more like a Miami club the Equinox seemed more when ant or refined.

We will sail again (3 all ready booked) but if we have to choose we pick Equinox.

What I feel about the Reflection

if you are in AQ the Persain Gardens on the Reflection is larger and has more novelties such as a cold room, but that is all they are. Like a new toy that a kid gets for Christmas, soon forgotten after initial use.

Blu is very congested as they crammed more tables in it.

Some bars are expanded with different layouts, not a big game maker.

Larger gym with more options

The Equinox doesn't seem as conjested.

Either one will be a great experience.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🌞🌞