Inside with French Doors Cat 4K or Outside 6A on Carnival Pride

maryjoe

Hi !!!

We want to book on the Carnival Pride and need some help choosing which cabin category. We are looking at Cat 4K, which is an inside with french doors or cat 6A, an ocean view. The 4K are all obstructed and the best cabin left would be 4116. Which cabin category would be best.

The deck plans are accurate as to which are between the lifeboats. I know 4133 & 4197 are between the lifeboats in the Miracle.

Just a few issues, not deal breakers. Keep the windows closed if you don't want anyone looking in as they do do maintenance on the lifeboats. The 4Ks are above the outside promenade and the light stays on all night.

I have had a 4K between the lifeboats on the Miracle, and I would rather have an OV. Yes, you can open the door on a 4K and get some fresh air, but the view is very limited and as mentioned before, you have to keep the curtains closed because there are often people walking on the catwalk outside the window. I would have preferred an OV.

I would get a 4k over a ocean view if it had a view in between lifeboats.

We actually had the same 4k cabin for both our cruises on her sister the Legend and loved the view between the lifeboats and the fresh air....not mention propping our door to hear the ocean at night. We also liked the fact it was only a few flights of stairs down from decks 2/3 where everything was going on. They are such wonderful cabins if you get the right one!

Saying that though if there was a drastic price difference between the 2 I would take the completely blocked 4k as you do see a bit of ocean with a blocked view but if they are similar in price I would take the ocean view. If one between lifeboats comes up though grab it!

jacmo - what 4K did you have? We will be in 4148. I switched from 4123 because we were worried about the smoke from below.

Nice swap...we were in the identical opposite cabin (4149) and the view is great between lifeboats. We sailed before October so obviously didn't experience any smoke.

Hi !!!

We want to book on the Carnival Pride and need some help choosing which cabin category. We are looking at Cat 4K, which is an inside with french doors or cat 6A, an ocean view. The 4K are all obstructed and the best cabin left would be 4116. Which cabin category would be best.

Absolutely LOVED our 4K experiences on the Miracle (3x) in cabin 4140 (between lifeboats), and have 4148 booked on the Pride for next March (14-days).

The advantage to these rooms is fresh air, sunlight, convenience, location (higher deck than OV) and in the right cabin, the view (in that order). I have had a true inside, and felt very claustrophobic. Found the inside cabin to be much smaller, as the 4K's are the same layout as balcony cabins with same amount of storage too.

jacmo - what 4K did you have? We will be in 4148. I switched from 4123 because we were worried about the smoke from below.

We have 4123 in sept and my wife had that concern. But I haven't read any complaints. Anyone?

I have had a 4K between the lifeboats on the Miracle, and I would rather have an OV. Yes, you can open the door on a 4K and get some fresh air, but the view is very limited and as mentioned before, you have to keep the curtains closed because there are often people walking on the catwalk outside the window. I would have preferred an OV.

What catwalk? We are booked in a French door cabin in the middle of the lifeboats, so we will just see the lifeboat out the doors, right? :confused::confused:

Good grief. The catwalk being mentioned is part of the "infastructure" in place to support and or launch the lifeboats should they be needed. It is used by the crew for whenever maintenance needs to be performed on the lifeboats or support structure, which includes motors, cables, winches etc...so it would be the crew who could occasionally be out there. Based on our experiences with 4K cabins, last of which was on the Pride relo cruise last month, the crew are not out there frequently. During the relo a few mornings crew were out there working...so we left the curtains closed until we were up and about and dressed then kept curtains open. No biggie.

Good grief. The catwalk being mentioned is part of the "infastructure" in place to support and or launch the lifeboats should they be needed. It is used by the crew for whenever maintenance needs to be performed on the lifeboats or support structure, which includes motors, cables, winches etc...so it would be the crew who could occasionally be out there. Based on our experiences with 4K cabins, last of which was on the Pride relo cruise last month, the crew are not out there frequently. During the relo a few mornings crew were out there working...so we left the curtains closed until we were up and about and dressed then kept curtains open. No biggie.

Okay, thanks for the detailed explanation. ;) I figured it was something like that. We will be on the Pride also for a B2B. lst week we will be in an extended balcony, 2nd week we are trying the French door/completely blocked/behind the lifeboat cabin.

Absolutely LOVED our 4K experiences on the Miracle (3x) in cabin 4140 (between lifeboats), and have 4148 booked on the Pride for next March (14-days).

The advantage to these rooms is fresh air, sunlight, convenience, location (higher deck than OV) and in the right cabin, the view (in that order). I have had a true inside, and felt very claustrophobic. Found the inside cabin to be much smaller, as the 4K's are the same layout as balcony cabins with same amount of storage too.

DH and I are in a 4k between the lifeboats on the March 13th Pride 14 day cruise :-) I love these rooms even when not in between lifeboats. We have never had a problem with workers or the lights. It is nice feeling the temp, hearing the water etc...when we have had the ones not with a view between the lifeboats we have always still been able to look down and see a view of the water. There is a deck below but you can still see out. Really is a personal preference that varies but I would go for the 4k. Happy cruising to OP no matter what room you choose.

Edited by foundmyMcGyver
added OP

I have now three14-day Carnival cruises under my belt, every one in a 4K. On a Hawaii run on the Miracle we had a decent view but hardly looked out because there was just water. On a Greenland/Iceland itinerary on the Legend we had a 4K but no view. But the arctic lights were outside anyway. Most recently, on the Pride, we had a 4K where we didn't open the drapes. The room was enough.

I have tried pretty much every category on major lines and Costa and MSC. I have no hesitation in stating that 4K is the best value, a spacious room with a full sofa. We were conveniently near the front elevators. Which was great because it was close to the theater and also to the front disembarkation point.

Edited by barante