webcams needed at southampton

louthebowler

When Britannia was arriving at Southampton I tried to find webcams but couldn't find anything. After seeing the link below that someone(sorry cant remember who) posted of Azura in dry dock in Germany, I thought, why are we so behind the times in this country. I used to love looking at the webcams in Miami and Fort Lauderdale( some might say I'm sad!) watching the big and small ships come and go, with the passengers waving as they set off on their cruise. I haven't put a link to those as they are easy to find, but 10pm or 11pm our time is usually a good time to see the afternoon departures in USA.

So is it just me, or would more people like to see whats happening in Southampton.

http://player.livespotting.tv/?p=hotel-hamburg.de&te=default2&th=default2&pl=syndication&ratio=16:9&pla=default&tbar=false&ch=LS_000000000034

Yes that would be lovely. I love watching the sea and ships - one of the reasons I love cruising! Having discovered the Hamburg webcam (posted above) the other day I thought I was sad wanting to watch Azura's re-fit but now I don't feel so mad! I'm sure some of my non- cruising friends would think I am though!

I am with you guys too, love watching what's going on. It would be great to see the happenings at Southampton, adds to the excitement if your counting down the days to your own cruise.

I like to watch the Mersey River Cams when Liverpool is hosting cruise ships for the day you can get different angles of the ship by switching cams.

The webcams on theMersey are not bad, better than nothing. We are having to take a land based holiday in May as we promised our grandson, and we will miss the three queens sail into Liverpool, I'm sure that would be a nice sight to see, but I don't think the webcams will do it justice. If we had those Fort Lauderdale ones, I would probably spend too much time glued to the computer!

I agree a decent Southampton webcam would be great, there used to be one from the Guildhall a few years back that had somewhat of a view.

The developers of the new West Quay extension have set up a webcam recently.

It's meant for watch the construction progress obviously, but you'll may also be able to see any ships at City Cruise Terminal.

Watermark WestQuay - Live Webcam

I agree a decent Southampton webcam would be great, there used to be one from the Guildhall a few years back that had somewhat of a view.

The developers of the new West Quay extension have set up a webcam recently.

It's meant for watch the construction progress obviously, but you'll may also be able to see any ships at City Cruise Terminal.

Watermark WestQuay - Live Webcam

Is that the Holiday Inn in the distance, just trying to get my bearings!

Yes, it is!

I don't think there's been any cruise ships in City berth lately, but with any luck they should appear to the right of the screen. :)

It's only operational Mon-Fri, 8 am -6 pm too by the look of it.

Yes, it is!

I don't think there's been any cruise ships in City berth lately, but with any luck they should appear to the right of the screen. :)

It's only operational Mon-Fri, 8 am -6 pm too by the look of it.

If you put the webcam on full screen, you can just about see a small corner of Anthem of the Seas in top right hand corner!