Transportation from hotel near EWR (new jersey airport) to cape liberty

kyle051777

Hi everybody,

I am new to the forum but I have been looking at a lot of the posts and have found a lot of useful information.

I have a question or two. We are about to leave on a cruise on the Quantam of the seas:D. What I am wondering is does anybody have a cheap way to get from the hotel to the pier. It is just me and my wife. I have talked to a few different hotels and I am getting prices of about $50 to take a taxi and it is more expensive to take a private vehicle.

My other questions is what is the quickest way to get from the pier to the airport. We have an early flight (only one we could get). It leaves about 9:45. If we can just take a taxi when we get out of there that would be fine. What is the earliest we can get off of the quantum?

Thanks guys,

Kyle

We used these http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/3.html from Newark Amtrak station to Cape Liberty after recommendation on the East Coast board. Reasonable price, great service. As it happened, we returned to CL on a Sunday and just grabbed a cab from the line. Only took 15 mins to EWR and I think was about $20 (but I could be wrong...it was 5 years ago!!).

Simon

Guest maddycat

As others have suggested, post your question on the cruise critic east coast departures board. The link to the Cape Liberty thread is below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

There are some very knowledgeable people who answer questions on that thread.

With such an early flight, I hope that you are planning on walking off with your luggage. There are taxis at the pier. I imagine that would be the quickest transportation to the airport. I also hope that the ship comes in on time. In the past people have posted that they have walked off with their luggage and been through customs by 7:30 or 8:00.

Edited by maddycat

Hey guys thanks for your help. Yes we will definitely be carrying off our luggage. I am hoping to get our flight changed but we will see. I will head over to the other four. Thanks again guys.

Welcome to the board. Sounds like you've already received some great advice. I just wanted to tell you about Roll Call threads, which are specific to each sailing. They are a great way to meet others you are sailing with, ask specific questions about your cruise. You can find Quantum's roll calls here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=32&ship_id=705 Just locate your sail date, jump in, and say hello. :)

Enjoy your time in Q!

What hotel are you booked at? Cab/car service to Cape Liberty is at least $50. You can contact

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

for a no frills car service to the port.

For a Quantum Jan sailing I stayed at the Robert Treat in downtown Newark. They offer a free shuttle pickup from the airport as well as from Newark Penn Station. I took a 9 am shuttle to Newark Penn Station, took PATH to Exchange Place ($2.75), the Hudson Bergen Light Rail to 34th Street in Bayonne ($2.10), and a cab/car Service into the port (typically about $10). I was at the port by 10:15. The whole trip was accessible with rolling luggage. You call the cab when you get to 34th St so the trip might take a little longer.

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Hi everybody,

I am new to the forum but I have been looking at a lot of the posts and have found a lot of useful information.

I have a question or two. We are about to leave on a cruise on the Quantam of the seas:D. What I am wondering is does anybody have a cheap way to get from the hotel to the pier. It is just me and my wife. I have talked to a few different hotels and I am getting prices of about $50 to take a taxi and it is more expensive to take a private vehicle.

My other questions is what is the quickest way to get from the pier to the airport. We have an early flight (only one we could get). It leaves about 9:45. If we can just take a taxi when we get out of there that would be fine. What is the earliest we can get off of the quantum?

Thanks guys,

Kyle

What hotel are you going to and what day? We sail Friday 4/24/15 staying @Best Western plus Newark Airport West on Thursday 4/23/15.

We were at the Embassy Suites. There were 4 of us so we got a car service. They had a representative in the lobby so we talked to her to get prices. A large SUV worked out to about the price of 2 cabs. We also used the same guy to go to the airport. You can ask them about a sedan for less. For 4 of us it was as cheap as a cab but easier.

I shared this on the East Coast board last year but what the heck, I'll write it here too. :) We had the front desk call a car service for us. We set it up two days before, and the driver called to confirm, then he showed up early (yes, I know!) - we went down to the lobby with our luggage and I'd estimate there were at least 75 people there waiting for their various shuttle buses. It was madness. We made our way through the masses, put our luggage in the trunk, and drove away leaving all of them standing there. We knew full well they were also going to Bayonne.

Not bragging, but this was probably the best decision we made on that trip. Awesome. Car service. Set price. All good.

I shared this on the East Coast board last year but what the heck, I'll write it here too. :) We had the front desk call a car service for us. We set it up two days before, and the driver called to confirm, then he showed up early (yes, I know!) - we went down to the lobby with our luggage and I'd estimate there were at least 75 people there waiting for their various shuttle buses. It was madness. We made our way through the masses, put our luggage in the trunk, and drove away leaving all of them standing there. We knew full well they were also going to Bayonne.

Not bragging, but this was probably the best decision we made on that trip. Awesome. Car service. Set price. All good.

What hotel did you stay at?

We are leaving on 4/24/15:) I just booked the double tree hotel for $90 through priceline. It was kind of crazy because they have a rate of like $170. So when we get there we will have them call a car service and see what rates they can give us.

I looked at the country inns but they were like $200 for the cruise option. To get to the airport from the cruise ship I had to go back to the hotel and then take the shuttle to the airport. Didn't think that was a good idea.

Anyways, thanks for all the great info guys. Sorry I have been on here for a couple days but have been working some long hours.