New Promo Update

Bronx12

Shore Excursion Credit: $75 per stateroom for every port on cruise, embark & disembark excluded

Onboard Credit:

$25 insides & studio

$50 oceanview

$75 balconies

$100 mini suite

up to $300 for suites

$300 haven

Edited by Bronx12

Thanks everyone for the info. The shore excursion credit was really interesting to me.

I tried checking the price of our Dec 2015 cruise (Escape) to see if it is worth re-booking. We booked last February with the free UDP.

The price of our cruise in a balcony stateroom increased by more than $1,000! :eek:

Weird - the Terms and Conditions in the email I received for WAVE 15 include UDP, UBP, Shore Excursions, Pre-Paid Gratuities, Onboard Credit Offer and F&F Savings but when I try to book only OBC and shore excursion promo codes are available. I hope they just haven't finished updating the website.

T&C's also say under the UDP "Does not include embarkation day performance."

Another change I noticed.....first line of the T&C's " *Valid on 3+ day sailings, except Norwegian Sky 2016 sailings forward." (Feb T&C just says "Valid on 3+ sailings.")

Hello,

I have an existing booking on the Breakaway for Oct 25th out of NY. I have received 3&4 guest sail free for a family ocean view. Can I add the OBC to this from the new promo without changing my booking.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Vickie

Hello,

I have an existing booking on the Breakaway for Oct 25th out of NY. I have received 3&4 guest sail free for a family ocean view. Can I add the OBC to this from the new promo without changing my booking.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Vickie

It is probably limited to new bookings only but it never hurts to ask NCL or your TA. Sometimes it pays to rebook if you're before final payment; sometimes it doesn't.

My cruise shows that OBC OR Excursion credit is available. Either/ or, but not both. Im in a suite so I get all perks. But what comes up when I do a mock booking is grats, UBP, UDP and either OBC or excursion credit. It is a Med cruise, so maybe that makes a difference.

Terry

I just went to check on our Escape cruise and found the following

Haven and Suites automatically get dining package, free stateroom gratuities, shore excursion credit, and either beverage package or onboard credit depending on sailing. If you pick a Haven or Suite you do not need to apply a promo code.

However, there is no way of knowing whether your sailing gets the beverage package or onboard credit. So if you are in a suite or Haven you still get all four, but it might be onboard credit instead of the UBP

Edited by jmele999

Already booked and have some great promotions and a price already locked but I was looking at the shore excursion credit. We are sailing the Breakaway to Bermuda and only have one stop, Bermuda for 3 days. So are you saying we would just get $75 towards the 3 days in Bermuda, where as someone with an itinerary with 5 stops will receive $75 per stop? Totaling $375?

That doesn't seem fair. BOOO!! :D

I just went to check on our Escape cruise and found the following

Haven and Suites automatically get dining package, free stateroom gratuities, shore excursion credit, and either beverage package or onboard credit depending on sailing. If you pick a Haven or Suite you do not need to apply a promo code.

However, there is no way of knowing whether your sailing gets the beverage package or onboard credit. So if you are in a suite or Haven you still get all four, but it might be onboard credit instead of the UBP

From NCL.com

Onboard credit offer: For all Pride of America, Transatlantic, Repositioning, and Panama Canal sailings onboard credit will replace the ultimate beverage package. Per stateroom in U.S. Dollars and will be applied to 1-2 guests on the reservation. $25 OBC for Insides and Studios, $50 OBC for Ocean views, $75 Balconies, $100 Mini Suites, $200 for Suites, and $300 OBC for Havens per stateroom. The following ships/categories also qualify for $300 OBC- Sun SB, Sky SB, Spirit SB, Dawn S1, Star S1, and Pride of America SA. Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.

It's in the T&C's below the video

http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

From NCL.com

Onboard credit offer: For all Pride of America, Transatlantic, Repositioning, and Panama Canal sailings onboard credit will replace the ultimate beverage package. Per stateroom in U.S. Dollars and will be applied to 1-2 guests on the reservation. $25 OBC for Insides and Studios, $50 OBC for Ocean views, $75 Balconies, $100 Mini Suites, $200 for Suites, and $300 OBC for Havens per stateroom. The following ships/categories also qualify for $300 OBC- Sun SB, Sky SB, Spirit SB, Dawn S1, Star S1, and Pride of America SA. Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.

It's in the T&C's below the video

http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

Thanks. I was wondering about how you will not whether or not you get OBC or the UBP.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked our reservation made 2 weeks ago with "old" promo.

It seems with the new promo we would get an additional $200 OBC for our Suite reservation over what we received then.

Thinking I might cancel old and re-book with new reservation....so....

I just made a test booking for our cruise and the price has gone up EXACTLY $200!!!

We are foolish to think NCL will offer anything you are not paying for , one way or another.

I have one question,.......when will they stop adding and changing policies and fees???

... We are foolish to think NCL will offer anything you are not paying for , one way or another ........ when will they stop adding and changing policies and fees???

Ah, the 'beauty' of creative marketing and the art of 'deception' that's like magic, if it made you feel good about it & you took the bait, it's a success story :D :eek: :rolleyes: Plenty of sheepies will bite.

The way these changes are rolling out - your guess is as good as mine, probably the day after we finished the next booked NCL cruise ...

That, of course, exclude the CAS changes apparently being reported or rumored but we're onboard the BA and sat for hours next to the high rollers who talked about it, so it's at least half the truth - if it doesn't affect you, just 'let it go' or 'let it ride' along.

God forbid -if and only if - if they start charging extras or raise fees for those in Haven, we will likely all need our bullet-proof hat and not tin foil ones, since that seemed to the protected safe harbor, for now - IMO. Purely speculative, so at ease.

Edited by mking8288