Fort Lauderdale Hotel

I am trying to find a hotel in Fort Lauderdale for October 29th & 30th, 2015 before our cruise out of Miami on the 31st.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Stirling & the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach.

This time we would like to be within walking distance of the water taxi & close proximity to the beach would be a plus.

I have checked Embassy Suites, Bahia Mar, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina & Gallery One Doubletree & I can get any of them for about $149 per night.

I know Embassy suites has a complimentary breakfast & manager's reception.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Juli

Bahia Mar is across the street from the beach and one block from the water taxi stop.

If beach is a plus, I'd go with this one. Book a tower room, partial oceanview facing south for nice view of ocean and coastline or full oceanview looking full on the beach. The less costly smaller marina building is separate, facing the marina on one side and parking lot on other.

Gallery One is a condo type hotel on the marina, a few blocks from beach with its own water taxi stop. Near mall and lots of restaurants. But a couple miles further from the port.

Embassy sits on a very busy street. Not by beach or water taxi. Pretty generic, altho it has a nice pool area. Popular with cruisers so they can hit Total Wine and Publix, as well as near restaurants.

We prefer staying at the beach.

Thanks for the responses. I have been trying to narrow my selection down for a while! :eek:

We are eligible for government rates or a senior rate if the age is 62 & above & we can get a friends & family rate at Marriott properties.

I also checked Lago Mar & found a good rate but I think we want to be closer to the action since we only have two days.

We are considering using SAS Transportation (there will be four of us) to Miami & it looks like they only pick up from the Embassy suites & Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina of the hotels I have listed.

I have enough credit card reward points to book our rooms but I want to book something now & possibly switch over using reward points later in case we have to cancel. It is funny Bahia Mar is 1000 less points than Embassy Suites & the Hilton Marina is 2000 less points!

Last time we were in Fort Lauderdale we rented a car post cruise & drove to Hollywood Beach & really enjoyed it. I believe I read the water taxi goes to Hollywood Beach?

Thanks,

Juli

Last time we were in Fort Lauderdale we rented a car post cruise & drove to Hollywood Beach & really enjoyed it. I believe I read the water taxi goes to Hollywood Beach?

Thanks,

Juli

The water taxi's (http://watertaxi.com/maps-stops/) Hollywood Route connects with the main Fort Lauderdale route at the Hilton Marina stop.

Embassy at $149 is considered a low rate.

Considering the travel date, I think this is par.

I think this hotel is overpriced, certainly during peak months. (In comparison to others I'd find nicer choices) But it's a supply and demand issue then.

I just don't like to come down to Fl in the winter and sit on a busy street in a chain we have in town. Just my thoughts.:o

Considering the travel date, I think this is par.

I think this hotel is overpriced, certainly during peak months. (In comparison to others I'd find nicer choices) But it's a supply and demand issue then.

I just don't like to come down to Fl in the winter and sit on a busy street in a chain we have in town. Just my thoughts.:o

Price is in the eye of the beholder. I live here, yet I use Embassy occasionally for a precruise night. It all depends on what you want and where you want to be. Me? I never want to be near a beach.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I booked Embassy Suites for now because they offered a good government rate & Bahia Mar had gone up in price in the few days it took me to decide.

It will be nice to have suites because there will be several of us staying but I will keep watching prices & can cancel & rebook if I find something better. :D

The main thing we want to do is the water taxi. Embassy Suites is only 5 blocks from the water taxi stop correct?

We also want to take the water taxi to Hollywood Beach. The boardwalk was a lot of fun last time we were there.

Juli

It is about a 15 minute walk on flat sidewalks, or you could ride the Hop On/Hop Off bus for a dollar that has a stop outside the ES side entrance. If you take the Water Taxi to Hollywood bring some sun screen, very nice ride and you will get to see the cruise port.

It is about a 15 minute walk on flat sidewalks, or you could ride the Hop On/Hop Off bus for a dollar that has a stop outside the ES side entrance. If you take the Water Taxi to Hollywood bring some sun screen, very nice ride and you will get to see the cruise port.

Thanks. That sounds perfect! Advance walking to help burn off all the calories we will consume on our 14 day cruise! :p:D

Juli

I am loving all of these inputs. We have been to FLL four times and I am still super undecided! We have stayed at ES twice and loved it! This time we are staying two extra days before our cruise and my parents are coming too. I am trying to find a hotel that will meet EVERYONE'S needs! Not a simple task!

My parents want to stay on or close to the beach for $150 or less....

I don't mind the beach but I am ok with paying more...

We also want to do the water taxi...

At the moment I am not finding anything that will match everyone.

Any suggestions for a hotel that we can take a cab to a beach, and walk to the water taxi?

I know there are TONS of posts on here. I have read through so many and truly my brain is jumbled!

I am loving all of these inputs. We have been to FLL four times and I am still super undecided! We have stayed at ES twice and loved it! This time we are staying two extra days before our cruise and my parents are coming too. I am trying to find a hotel that will meet EVERYONE'S needs! Not a simple task!

My parents want to stay on or close to the beach for $150 or less....

I don't mind the beach but I am ok with paying more...

We also want to do the water taxi...

At the moment I am not finding anything that will match everyone.

Any suggestions for a hotel that we can take a cab to a beach, and walk to the water taxi?

I know there are TONS of posts on here. I have read through so many and truly my brain is jumbled!

What date? Is your $150 budget per room and are you looking for 1 room or 2 rooms? If the latter, would a suite with only 1 bathroom work for you?