Norwegian Coffee FAQ's Answered!

That's what I typically do. We always have some of those individual creamers at home too. We've stayed in some pretty cheap hotels that had them supplied so I wondered if NCL had them. I was hoping to save on suitcase space since this will be a long trip. :)

Coffee Mate now makes little 3oz to go squeeze bottles that you can easily take with you. They are concentrated so its a smaller size but the same amount of uses. I get them at Walmart.

http://cm2go.coffee-mate.com/?utm_campaign=always+on&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=Google%7CNon+Brand%7C2015%7CCreamer%7CBroad&utm_term=creamer+for+coffee&gclid=CLGTypS_6cQCFYkY7Aod4GgAJw&gclsrc=ds

Thank you for your replies - I appreciate them :-)

Another question - anyone know if the Keurig K cups work in the Lavazza coffee maker?

Nope, and they screw up the machine. Butler does not appreciate it!!:D And Lavazza doesn't work in Keurig either.:rolleyes: Ask me how I know.

The jewel had 2 machines in the buffet areas also. One used whole beans and ground as ordered. The other was made from already ground. The one with beans said "creme" on the screen, came out a little foamy but I didn't taste any.

YES, exactly! The one I preferred that tasted smoother said something like 'creme' on the screen. The other one, around the other side, seemed like an older machine & didn't say anything when you pushed the button!

As for someone mentioned the different sweeteners.... they had blue packets, pink packets, & yellow packets. BUT, they all said NutraSweet on them!

I personally like splenda, so if you prefer splenda, you may want to take your own!

Coffee Mate now makes little 3oz to go squeeze bottles that you can easily take with you. They are concentrated so its a smaller size but the same amount of uses. I get them at Walmart.

http://cm2go.coffee-mate.com/?utm_campaign=always+on&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=Google%7CNon+Brand%7C2015%7CCreamer%7CBroad&utm_term=creamer+for+coffee&gclid=CLGTypS_6cQCFYkY7Aod4GgAJw&gclsrc=ds

Thanks! Have you tried them? We generally get the International Delight ones but lately they seem to leak all over the box... not sure I want to travel with them. I've still got 6 weeks before the trip so maybe I'll pick up one of the CoffeeMate ones to try out.

Where did you see syrup ???

I have not seen the actual syrup, but I have been told (and seen it referenced in another thread) that they use a concentrated syrup to make the MDR coffee. I can't confirm it first-hand. I would need to search, but within the past couple of weeks a poster stated that they met someone (on an NCL cruise) who sells this stuff (and he said that is how it is made). This isn't Dawn specific, so I don't know what they do on the Dawn. If you have the ability to first-hand confirm either way, let me know. I'd like the info to be accurate.

... maybe I'll pick up one of the CoffeeMate ones to try out.

If you try it, let us know what you think about it. I've seen those, but not tried it yet.

... maybe I'll pick up one of the CoffeeMate ones to try out.

Aren't the 7-11's ones provided being the same - in use for awhile at the self-service coffee stations, I haven't stopped in one lately to buy coffee. I recalled vaguely at least 2 or 3 different variants, flip the bottle over & squeeze, stir & drink (after making payment at the counter, of course)

Ditto for Starbucks ? or, I might be mistaken just for milk, low fat and half & half creamer without the flavors ?

I know one of our local bank branches have the little ones for the commercial machines doing as I always brew a cup on the way out, lately, they switched to a local generic unbranded ones (no refrigeration necessary)

In general, I'm happy with cream or half-n-half but for a proper French-Vietnamese drip coffee, we use condensed sweet milk into a tall glass filled with crushed ice. Concentrated coffee pre-mixed, from Lee's Sandwiches chain stores out mainly on the west coast, all over California - just ice & sip slowly, anyone ??

If in a suite, can the butler bring some real cream for us to have on hand for our coffee? I absolutely cannot stand the powdered stuff. Also, is there raw/turbinado sugar or just the white stuff?

Thanks! I need coffee pretty much within seconds of getting up and looking forward to having my own machine in a suite but really want the cream!

Thanks! Have you tried them? We generally get the International Delight ones but lately they seem to leak all over the box... not sure I want to travel with them. I've still got 6 weeks before the trip so maybe I'll pick up one of the CoffeeMate ones to try out.

Yes they are pretty good. The mint one is a little overpowering. Much better than the powders though. You just have to remember not to use too much since they are super concentrated.

If in a suite, can the butler bring some real cream for us to have on hand for our coffee? I absolutely cannot stand the powdered stuff. Also, is there raw/turbinado sugar or just the white stuff?

Thanks! I need coffee pretty much within seconds of getting up and looking forward to having my own machine in a suite but really want the cream!

I have only seen Half and Half . Never light cream . :(

I guess it's possible they don't have cream, but it seems highly improbable they don't have real cream. With all the food they make, surely they have it for a few recipes. If they have it in the kitchen, the butler should be able to deliver it to you.

YES, exactly! The one I preferred that tasted smoother said something like 'creme' on the screen. The other one, around the other side, seemed like an older machine & didn't say anything when you pushed the button!

As for someone mentioned the different sweeteners.... they had blue packets, pink packets, & yellow packets. BUT, they all said NutraSweet on them!

I personally like splenda, so if you prefer splenda, you may want to take your own!

"Nutrasweet" is the brand but rest assured the pink, blue, and yellow all correspond to the "accepted" ingredient color-coding. Pink is saccharin, blue aspartame, and yellow is sucralose.

When I travel on land I take a small electric water kettle, a hand grinder, an Aeropress and my home roast coffee. Since I can't take my water kettle on the ship, and the chances of getting water hot enough to make a decent cup of coffee via room service are slim to none, I will typically make a trip to the coffee shop (if the ship has one) or go to the buffet with a couple of Tervis cups.

We did have a small coffee machine in our balcony cabin on the Epic, but I didn't bring my coffee and grinder. I seriously doubt that we will ever have a suite or Haven cabin.

Anyone ever try bringing a small nespresso machine on board? Contemplating this for the Star.

I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. I love my Nespresso and have one at home and one in my office. If you have the frother, you might bring it, too, and just bring a small carton of milk from the buffet to keep in your fridge. Voila - cappuccino whenever you want one. :) I'm considering doing this on my next cruise.

I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. I love my Nespresso and have one at home and one in my office. If you have the frother, you might bring it, too, and just bring a small carton of milk from the buffet to keep in your fridge. Voila - cappuccino whenever you want one. :) I'm considering doing this on my next cruise.

Oh yes, hadn't thought about taking the frother! Love my Nespresso too...

• 3 months later...

Is there any raw/turbinado sugar available in any of the restaurants or buffets? We'll be on the Dawn next month and would love to knock something off my packing list. Thanks!

Is there any raw/turbinado sugar available in any of the restaurants or buffets? We'll be on the Dawn next month and would love to knock something off my packing list. Thanks!

I'm not sure about the buffets, but we had "sugar in the raw" as one of the choices on BA, but this was in a suite. I would think it would be available elsewhere on board.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read through every coffee post and I'm still trying to determine the type of coffee makers that are in Balcony cabins on the Breakaway. This is my first time on NCL and coming from RCL which doesn't provide coffee makers in the cabins. Is it the 4-cup type or the single serve type? I can get pods of both types of Amazon before sailing the end of August on the Breakaway just need to know what type to buy. Guess I could buy both and return the one I don't use :)

Coffee is also available at O’Sheehan’s (Blue Lagoon) 24 hours a day. Being on deck 8, if we ran out of coffee in the carafes delivered by room service, I take them directly down the hall to the restaurant and refill them myself. The staff in the restaurant did not voice any objections to me doing this. Maybe, they just got used to seeing me during our 13-day Panama Canal cruise. DW lives on coffee and I don't dare run out.

Wife without coffee in the morning...

612252607_o.jpg

I read this WHILE I was drinking my coffee and laughed so hard I almost spit it out. My hope is that your wife had her coffee BEFORE she saw this lovely representation of herself.