Is it safe to leave items on cruise excursion vehicle?

CaliJohn

We're taking several 8-12 hour Princess cruise excursions next month (Florence, Rome, Naples, etc.), and plan on taking a backpack with clothing, etc.

Is it safe to leave it on the van/vehicle? I assume it will be locked.

Never assume anything. Ask the driver (or the guide if the driver does not speak English, they often do not) before assuming your things will be looked after.

Yep, assume was the wrong word... :D

I guess I'm looking for feedback from others who have dealt with this.

Yep, assume was the wrong word... :D

I guess I'm looking for feedback from others who have dealt with this.

The guide will normally tell you if it is ok. If not, ask.

In any event do not leave anything of value there. A not so new jacket, guide book, etc, should be ok. Never your purse, camera, etc.

Normally excursion coaches are locked, but I wouldn't leave anything of value in the coach. A jacket or item of clothing will be fine, but I would never leave a bag, that's just enticing trouble.

I never leave anything on view in my car when it is parked, so would not leave anything in a bus.

I should never leave anything high value on the coach, ipods, cameras etc. however you can ask the guy about leaving stuff. If you get a non committal response ask whether he can lock it in the boot (trunk). Many parents have their children's buggies stowed in there so they are quite used to that sort of thing. I always wonder if the same vehicle will be used on the return journey if it's a short hop to the drop off with a number of hours at the venue.

Regards John

Usually it is safe as it is at home, but before leaving anything determine the risk you are willing to take. If the items you are leaving are things that you can do without if they are lost or stolen then leave them, if the items are valuable and you can't easily replace them, then don't leave them on the bus.

So your book bag with a rain coat, an extra T shirt, a snack, etc. is OK. Your camera or documents or wallet, are not OK to leave.

I agree clothing is fine. But, sometimes, they will switch buses and drivers, one will drive you there and another on the return, but the guide will always tell you. Also, be aware that you won't be able to access the bus easily, ex. run back to the bus to get your coat or umbrella. The buses drop you off and then they have to go park blocks away and are only allowed to return to a certain meeting point at the appointed time.