New to Princess have a few questions

Lulubelle45

I'll be sailing on the Coral May 2 out of Vancouver BC and can't find info anywhere on how soon we can board the ship- we set sail at 4:30 pm. ALSO, I'm wanting to purchase one of the drink packages but can't see how to do it online (just a 1-800 number) can I do this on board?? Will the price be the same? ? Thanks

I'm sorry I can't answer your specific questions. I just wanted to let you know that we have sailed out of Vancouver twice and it is a BEAUTIFUL port to do so. Sailing past Stanley Park and under Lion's Gate Bridge while we were in the front of the ship with only one other couple. Go as far forward as you can get on deck 10 Caribe Deck. Go through the door and you will have a special spot to yourself. Grab a drink first!

You can purchase the beverage package onboard, it's the same price (and if you have OBC, you can use it for the purchase). Otherwise you either have to call or fax in the order form.

Edited by Illyria

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Tells you about the drink packages etc.

And to order before cruising:

Princess Cruises has a team of Celebrations Support agents who can help you to plan an unforgettable cruise vacation or select the perfect gift to celebrate any special occasion. To order and speak to a member of our Celebrations Support team, call 1-855-500-7690 or Download our Order Form (PDF 6.0MB)

Edited by SilverLining4Me

Your cruise documents will tell you when boarding starts, usually between 11;00 and noon. I've never embarked from Vancouver so can't say with more certainty.

Drinks package can be bought on board, there will be tables set up as you board, or go to any bar.

Same price.

Be sure to check your travel documents (available online under Cruise Personalizer once you log in) as to which cruise terminal in Vancouver you are sailing from--there are two.

Hopefully you will be sailing from Canada Place Pier which is right downtown. How are you getting to the pier? The taxis and transfer buses pull up in the underground garage area and there are porters there who will take your larger suitcases so be sure to have your tags on beforehand. There is a waiting area upstairs by the check-in desks. Often you will check-in and then sit and wait to be called for boarding. Elite members and suite passengers get priority boarding and then regular passengers after that in the order in which they checked-in. As someone mentioned this will be about noon or soon after.

If you arrive to the pier early, though, after you turn in your bags to the porters you can have a wonderful stroll of downtown Vancouver and enjoy the views from the deck outside the cruise terminal. There is a Starbucks at street level right in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel which sits on top of the cruise terminal if you don't want to wander far.

An example of why I always make sure I have a hard copy of a confirmation email from Princess. If I don't automagically get one I call and request email confirmation for everything I purchase in advance whether its a coffee card, OBC, in cabin liquor, etc. I always have a printout of their email confirmation.

On our first cruise we left out of Vancouver and were on board by noon.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel and we met in the lobby at 10. We were already checked in and were led through security and to the waiting area. I guess because we were right there, we were right near the front of the peon section.

When we boarded they also had two gangplanks-one forward and one aft. that helped speed things up too.

We will be boarding at Canada Place. There will be 2 other Princess ships there that same day. My edocs only have the sailing time on them. This will be my 4th time sailing out of Vancouver but the other 3 times were on other cruise lines. (NCL was out of Ballentyne Pier) HAL we stood in lines and didn't get onto ship till after 1 30 pm Celebrity we were seated in the buffet by 11:30 am. We were one of the first to board with no special standing (first timer in an inside) thanks for the tip on where to go for Sail away. Taking a taxi to pier from the bus station.

An example of why I always make sure I have a hard copy of a confirmation email from Princess. If I don't automagically get one I call and request email confirmation for everything I purchase in advance whether its a coffee card, OBC, in cabin liquor, etc. I always have a printout of their email confirmation.

I have never had the slightest issue purchasing soda stickers, coffee

cards, etc. shortly after I board. There are many, many people working

embarcation, just to sell them to you.

Coffee Card I simply purchase when I got for my first coffee speciality

coffee. No additional time.

Soda sticker I usually purchase from the jr. waiter in the dining room

during embarcation lunch. No attitional time.

This saves me the effort of taking my email confirmation to the purser's

desk, and potentially waiting in line...

And, I usually have too much OBC, and want to spend it on board.