luggage tags

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find the threads about it. On all our previous cruises we've had luggage tags mailed to us from the cruise line. This time we've printed them ourselves. With them just being paper won't they get ruined if it rains (hopefully it doesn't). Any suggestions to use the paper tags?

I worried about this, couple of tips for home printing your tags:

• Print them on a LASER printer, the toner will not run if it gets wet.
  • Print on thicker paper or thin card stock, this makes them more durable.
  • Don't put them on until you're out of the airport and almost at the cruise terminal - that way they'll last longer.

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find the threads about it. On all our previous cruises we've had luggage tags mailed to us from the cruise line. This time we've printed them ourselves. With them just being paper won't they get ruined if it rains (hopefully it doesn't). Any suggestions to use the paper tags?

The printable tags are meant to be folded several times to increase strength. Some people also laminate the tags. Others use luggage tag holders from Amazon and other vendors.

Also, you can have the porters make up tags when you get to the pier.

I bought the sleeves, work great. Before I had holders, I put clear packing tape after they were printed and folded. I brought some tape with me to put them on when I was going to the port. I never put tags on ahead of time and seeing bags with just paper in the rain, not a good idea.

I purchased the luggage tags from Amazon....No mess, no fuss! very durable and can be used over and over and over and over again! :cool:

I've gone to these with the metal loops:

81pUgAu98GL._UX466_.jpg

Also available on Amazon. So far they seem to be very durable.

When flying in for a cruise we reuse the flight luggage tag as tape to attach our self printed cruise tags. Just pull the stuck together airline tag ends apart and remove the remaining backing paper. Don't overlap the cruise tag ends as instructed for stapling, simply put several layers of this improvised tape on the butted together ends to provide an extremely durable joint. You likely will need some thing like nail clippers or file, etc. to cut this durable tape or just keep wrapping it around cruise tag ends until it is used up completely.

Also with a little practise, keep the backing paper on your air tags when doing so, you can position this improvised tape so your name on the air tag shows when finally used to attach the ends of your cruise tag. ;)

Secured mine with packing tape. I will actually have to cut them to get them off.

I noticed my duffle bag I took on my very first cruise in 2008 still has luggage tags on it that were secure the same way LOL.

If you do go for the plastic sleeves to put you luggage tags in, put a piece of tape over the open end as it will help to keep water out. We use the plastic sleeves like the ones in this thread and simply put the tape on before our journey. We only pop them on once we get to the port. Also, make sure you have your name elsewhere on your luggage just in case the tag gets ripped off.

I bought the sleeves, work great. Before I had holders, I put clear packing tape after they were printed and folded. I brought some tape with me to put them on when I was going to the port. I never put tags on ahead of time and seeing bags with just paper in the rain, not a good idea.

Same for me.

There is a software you can use, once your notified your tags are ready, open the program up then you can add your names and print out as many as you want. I tried to open mine but it won't open up right now. found the Link : http://www.zansstuff.com/luggage-tags

Edited by Desert Cruizers