LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Chris, subscribed and tagging along on this adventure with a wonderful group of Quayzies. I have a couple surprises for Bendie Gibbs on this cruise and hope it makes it into your review.

Chris is wonderful at answering everyone's questions on his thread. And if he doesn't know the answer, will definitely find one for you. :D

I see a lot of people say they are subscribing to this thread, does that mean I do not have to go over to the original thread and open this one each time to view. If so how do I subscribe?

Will not be long now. We will be on board and heading to the Sun and Fun.

It has been three days of rain and damp weather here.

You are subscribed simply by making your post. Click on user cp in the menu and you will see all your subscribed threads.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hello friends! Just landed in Newark.

The flight was uneventful :)

The breakfast served on board was very good:

Chris, did you get the breakfast because you were in first class, or was that an extra cost item? Looks pretty good.:)

Chris, did you get the breakfast because you were in first class, or was that an extra cost item? Looks pretty good.:)

I got it for being in first class. The roundtrip price was too good to pass up :)

You are subscribed simply by making your post. Click on user cp in the menu and you will see all your subscribed threads.

Didn't realize you were subscribed just by posting. I have always gone up to the Thread Tools and clicked on Subscribe. Learned something new!

Edited by janeyzee

Didn't realize you were subscribed just by posting. I have always gone up to the Thread Tools and clicked on Subscribe. Learned something new!

Hi Janey, Even though I was subscribed I wasn't getting instant notifications so checked the User CP and "none" was turned on instead of "instant". Changed it to" instant" and now I'm getting them.

Glad you arrived safe Chris......

Patty

4287f46e2d81f26c4d974c05d8136f1e.jpg

7eb77ed3176772cc2c07632eb3727586.jpg

How could you not take a liking to Emmy?? I'm surprised she doesn't have a pink boa for him! or a fedora. Emmy you're looking good!

Edited by janeyzee

Chris...can I call you Chris? I feel as though I know you from following along so many times...

How did you start solo cruising? Did you always go solo?

On a side note: Has someone ever done a "how to cruise solo" thread? Do you all go with people? Or just wing it and book and make friends along the way? The new studio rooms are so intriguing to me. While I love going with my SO, I get FAR more vacay time than he does at my job.

Edited by sredish

Chris...can I call you Chris? I feel as though I know you from following along so many times...

On a side note: Has someone ever done a "how to cruise solo" thread? Do you all go with people? Or just wing it and book and make friends along the way? The new studio rooms are so intriguing to me. While I love going with my SO, I get FAR more vacay time than he does at my job.

Just started cruising solo but the roll calls here really help hooking up with the real people especially on this sailing as I am reuniting with a lot of friends from previous cruises.

I'm sure there have been solo threads but I haven't really looked for them.

And yes you can call me Chris ;)

How could you not take a liking to Emmy?? I'm surprised she doesn't have a pink boa for him! or a fedora. Emmy you're looking good!

LOL, Janey, I was going to post the exact same thing until I read your post......LOL Totally agree.

Edited by beachbuddy

There's a board under Special Interest cruising dedicated to Solos.

The roll call makes it easy to connect with others to plan activities, tours and meals in advance. Cruisers are a friendly bunch and even though I am a little shy by nature, I have no problem striking up a conversation on a cruise.

The biggest problem is how to put sunscreen on your own back! [emoji12]

Hint: Google that for how to videos or applicators for sale.

Giving it a try is the only way you'll know if it's for you.

Btw, I have a true solo where I know no one else except through the roll call on QOTS in 3 weeks so this live thread is perfect timing! Thanks Chris and enjoy! See you on the Harmony.

Been busy traveling the last couple of days and finally able to come and post. I see many of you have seen me with Bendy already:D

Did a wine run just so good to go.

Thanks for the LIVE review Chris you do such a great job :)

Yes, there is a small wave pool / spash area which is a baby zone and children can use swim diapers in it [emoji4]

I am sure Chris will post a few photos and offer information about this here in his review.

Here are a couple of photos from the kiddy pool area taken on the Quantum Nov sailing

16009742271_d8afd8b845_c.jpg

15825940947_c2e8c718fb_c.jpg

By any chance are you a vodka/tonic or a Jack and Coke guy? I've been reading tons of rants about drink prices shooting through the roof and a drink being $10 - $14 plus 18%.

However...nobody has been able to confirm to me that they ordered just a plain ole' drink like a vodka/tonic or a vodka/water. If you happen to order drinks like these, would you please make a note of the cost? If that's not something you enjoy...no worries.

By any chance are you a vodka/tonic or a Jack and Coke guy? I've been reading tons of rants about drink prices shooting through the roof and a drink being $10 - $14 plus 18%.

However...nobody has been able to confirm to me that they ordered just a plain ole' drink like a vodka/tonic or a vodka/water. If you happen to order drinks like these, would you please make a note of the cost? If that's not something you enjoy...no worries.

I will be taking in my share of alcoholic drinks and will let you know the pricing

Edited by Bugsy4271