Nieuw Amsterdam Ocean View Question

joanna111

I'll be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the October 26th transatlantic sailing. We have an ocean view cabin and it seems that they are all on the main deck. (Except the few on deck 10 which are booked.) Any difference among the main deck cabins other than location? I don't want to be where we will hear engine noise but i enjoy the feel of the ship rolling. So should I be forward or aft?

Thanks.

Edited by joanna111
To make the title more specific

Main Deck will feel the pitch & roll a lot less than a higher deck will.

Since roll (which is what you said you want) runs the length of the ship, location shouldn't really matter much. However, the amount of pitch will vary considerably, with the forward area having the most, aft area next, and mid-ship the least of all.

So to avoid noise I want to be forward or at least forwardish.

The cabins on decks four and six are "no longer available" so that means any full ocean view would be on the main deck.

The four CQ cabins are "category not available" and the people at Holland say they aren't booked but aren't available.

I just called HAL to see about getting a J inside since they are about 10% bigger but it would cost $400 more because of losing the O/B credit from the anniversary sale.

Perhaps I should move to a C guarantee which would assure me of being forward of the atrium.

Thanks -- it's confusing!

Take one of the Main deck cabins. On Oosterdam in E1115, I enjoyed leaving the curtains open and seeing the reflection of the bio-luminescence of the waves on the ceiling. You are a long way from hearing engine noise. EM

Perhaps I should move to a C guarantee which would assure me of being forward of the atrium.

But with a C gty you could be assigned a veranda cabin in a location you might not like, so be sure to look at all those possibilities.