Thank you NCL! UDP a la carte discount increased

ncklhaus

Thank you NCL! I was just looking at the Term and Conditions for the UDP and saw that if you eat at any of the a la carte or entertainment based venues, you now get 25% off instead of 20%. That's a nice increase.

With everyone complaining about all of the additional fees, it's nice to see something like this once in a while.

Norwegian's Ultimate Dining Package allows you to dine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise, all for one set price based on the number of days. Experience our exciting Italian, Asian, Brazilian, French and signature steakhouse restaurants (varies by ship). Plus, enjoy 25% off the cover charge for all entertainment based and a la carte dining.

Yes, the website says that, but it's misleading. The "Terms & Conditions" link below that says that it doesn't start until July 3rd.

I didn't realize that. I was looking at my booked sailing so it didn't specify dates.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

For sailings on or before July 2nd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Pizza 24/7, Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The UDP is nontransferable. Reservations are not required for UDP guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability for reservations made 24 hours in advance. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants. These venues include: Sushi, Raw Bar, Food Republic, Hot Rock, Tapas Bar, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue on The Waterfront, The Cellars, The District, Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam, Bayamo and Pincho by Jose Garces. The UDP does not include beverages or corresponding gratuity. No kids pricing available for UDP. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. Does not apply to special occasion/holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc.). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the UDP (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). $10 per each additional main course will be charged in Le Bistro & Cagney’s. Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Pizza 24/7 and Gelato are not part of the package.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

For sailings on or before July 2nd, 2015

... Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

For Sailings on or after July 3rd, 2015

The Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) is available ... Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the UDP (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro) ... Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Pizza 24/7 and Gelato are not part of the package.

Good news, right. I just realized something else while waiting for Mrs. M to get out of work earlier ... Code Orange for Caution, maybe !

Hmmm, this is another first world problem for a micro-minority here on CC - I think. DW and I fall into the Platinum category and we each get comp'd dinner at Le Bistro for two, each. We ate twice last month on the BA valued at $40 each dinner (for 2 each time) - the wordings here, effectively, is a 50% reduction as we will each get a $20 discount for the Unlimited Dining Package (now, the Ultimate Dining Package with only a $20 discount)

Plus, the 18% auto-gratuity ... This is, obviously, one interpretation of the updated T&C's and affecting only a small fraction of pax on a typical sailing, maybe 1% or 2%, okay 5% if we are getting the UDP.

Platinum members with a sailing coming up wanted to try to do a mock booking to "test" this out - maybe the folks at the UK/Euro sites wanted to have a look ... sorry, for poping this - just a small can of worms. Happy Happy :D

Good news, right. I just realized something else while waiting for Mrs. M to get out of work earlier ... Code Orange for Caution, maybe !

Hmmm, this is another first world problem for a micro-minority here on CC - I think. DW and I fall into the Platinum category and we each get comp'd dinner at Le Bistro for two, each. We ate twice last month on the BA valued at $40 each dinner (for 2 each time) - the wordings here, effectively, is a 50% reduction as we will each get a $20 discount for the Unlimited Dining Package (now, the Ultimate Dining Package with only a $20 discount)

Plus, the 18% auto-gratuity ... This is, obviously, one interpretation of the updated T&C's and affecting only a small fraction of pax on a typical sailing, maybe 1% or 2%, okay 5% if we are getting the UDP.

Platinum members with a sailing coming up wanted to try to do a mock booking to "test" this out - maybe the folks at the UK/Euro sites wanted to have a look ... sorry, for poping this - just a small can of worms. Happy Happy :D

If you buy the UDP you still have 1person and a bottle of wine on each platinum voucher.

If you have the UDP choice you still have 2person wine voucher.

Make friends that don't have the UDP an treat them

never had UDP before. If I go to Ocean Blue for lobster rolls at lunch, does the 20% discount (sailing before July3) automatically come off of the bill or do I have to show them anything? Is there a little sticker like they have for the soda package or UBp?

Thanks

Edited by PDIDDYwife

never had UDP before. If I go to Ocean Blue for lobster rolls at lunch, does the 20% discount (sailing before July3) automatically come off of the bill or do I have to show them anything? Is there a little sticker like they have for the soda package or UBp?

Thanks

Yes, you will have a sticker, and you will get the discount on lobster rolls. The first time we cruised with UDP, it seemed we always had to remind our server about the discount, BUT that was almost a year ago when UDP was brand new. The 2nd time we cruise with it, it seems they did the discounts automatically. When you get your ticket, if it's not on there, just mention it and they will adjust. Or mention it upfront, just in case. No big deal though.

Edited by LrgPizza

I'm not sure, but we did get 20% off at Carlo's on our last cruise.

I was wrong. It was not discounted. I was just switching up handbags today and found my receipts from Carlo's. Sorry for the misinformation.

Thanks

Yes, you have a sticker but the key cards are coded with the packages you have as well. No need to worry if your card gets wet from the pool or whatever and the sticker falls off.

I'm a little confused maybe someone can explain things to me. We got the UDP for free when purchasing our cruise along with the UBP. My question is if we use the speciality restaurants included in the package what do we have to pay or is everything included ie tips etc?

Edited by forestc11nno

I'm a little confused maybe someone can explain things to me. We got the UDP for free when purchasing our cruise along with the UBP. My question is if we use the speciality restaurants included in the package what do we have to pay or is everything included ie tips etc?

Tips are included. Specialty restaurants are included with the exception of a la carte restaurants which have a discount, as described above. Also, Ocean Blue is discounted if you are on a ship with that one.

Is the 20% discount on a la carte items included if you got the UDP for free

This is the info given through the promo:

Choose this offer and all guests three years and older in the stateroom can try a different specialty restaurant each night of your cruise for free. The Ultimate Dining Package is normally priced $140 per person for a 7-day cruise, more for longer cruises and less for shorter cruises. For a la carte venues and Ocean Blue the price is discounted at 25% with the Ultimate Dining Package.

The Ultimate Dining Package is not available on Chef’s Table, Carlo’s Bakery items, entertainment based dining.

(http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15 click "Learn More" under UDP)

Which is slightly different from the standard T&C's found here: http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Pre July 3rd cruises: A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package.

July 3rd and after cruises: A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package).

Either way, it appears to state that the a la carte discount is included - but as we've all learned, with NCL appearances can be deceiving! ;)

There is only one UDP, so whether you purchased it or received it as a promo the terms are the same. There aren't special terms that only apply to one or the other. So yes, the discount on a la carte works for promo the same as it works for purchased.

This is the info given through the promo:

Choose this offer and all guests three years and older in the stateroom can try a different specialty restaurant each night of your cruise for free. The Ultimate Dining Package is normally priced $140 per person for a 7-day cruise, more for longer cruises and less for shorter cruises. For a la carte venues and Ocean Blue the price is discounted at 25% with the Ultimate Dining Package.

The Ultimate Dining Package is not available on Chef’s Table, Carlo’s Bakery items, entertainment based dining.

(http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15 click "Learn More" under UDP)

Which is slightly different from the standard T&C's found here: http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Pre July 3rd cruises: A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package.

July 3rd and after cruises: A 25% discount applies to all a la carte and entertainment based dining and select Specialty Restaurants (Not included in the Ultimate Dining Package).

Either way, it appears to state that the a la carte discount is included - but as we've all learned, with NCL appearances can be deceiving! ;)

Thank you !