European Cruise Buffet

You'd be surprised Ken, they actually do taste good, the picture does not do them justice.

If you ever get the chance to do a Full English, they have to be part of it;)

You don't want English black pudding! It is pretty bland IMHO.

You need Stornaway black pudding from Scotland, nice and spicy!

And here we have the other offerings

See if you can spot the proper bacon:)

image.jpg1_zpsjlf30kar.jpg

Nice picture of Canadian bacon,:) not sure about proper but yes it is good. Of course most any thing cured and smoked is hard to beat, even tho some say it is not good for us.:D

You don't want English black pudding! It is pretty bland IMHO.

You need Stornaway black pudding from Scotland, nice and spicy!

I'll second that ! :) I couldn't believe the difference between the black pudding we ate in England and what we got when we arrived in Scotland.

Stornaway black pudding is just lovely as is proper bacon. If you happen to be in a Scottish port then you may also be able to try Lorne sausage which is square in shape and much, much tastier than the long thin link sausages.

Try some whisky in your porrige as well, when in Rome!

No one has mentioned my favourite, proper (Marie Rose) prawn cocktail sauce:). I've given up ordering the shrimp cocktail on North American cruises as they only ever seem to have the red sauce.

I agree though that most of the food is the same with just a few additional local dishes.

Julie

Marie Rose Sauce.

2 Parts mayonnaise to 1 Part Tomato Ketchup, Touch of paprika, Mix.

Make it every day.

Enjoy

Kezz

[ATTACH]346002[/ATTACH][ATTACH]346003[/ATTACH]

This is clonakilty pudding, and a full Irish breakfast,

Ohh Pam Bam I think i'l have to get my mammy to cook that up for me soon! Looks delic, although it definitely has to be clonakilty sausages - much better than Denny's :D:p

Ohh Pam Bam I think i'l have to get my mammy to cook that up for me soon! Looks delic, although it definitely has to be clonakilty sausages - much better than Denny's :D:p

We need a few more mushrooms in it tho lol, aww I love the Denny sausages, A big mug of tea with it then, go down lovely lol lol

When we went on our Northern European cruise we noticed the sugar on the tables were different as well as the butter. The use the good/real butter with no GMO's and their white sugar does not have bleach in it.

We also saw the cruise ship had different beers on tap on these sailings compared to the US. We enjoyed the food much better in Europe it seems their food regulations in Europe, have a much higher standard than we have in the US.

What's haggis?

Haggis is basically minced sheep's heart and lungs cooked in a sheep's stomach. :eek: Actually, it's not as disgusting as it sounds!

It's a Scottish dish, often served with tatties (mashed potatoes) and neeps (mashed turnips). I think it's more likely to be served at dinner rather than breakfast and I'm yet to see it on a ship.

Edited by Sparky74

No I'm not, there is no haggis in an Irish breakfast, it's sounds English or a Scottish breakfast, but definitely not in an Irish breakfast,

Haggis - I will need to show you when I meet you on the Allure next month. Haggis is good. I enjoy it.

Steven

Never had any decent Bacon on any US ship

You need to sail on a British Ship to get proper bacon :-)

same with the eggs

have to stand in line, and then go though a Q and A session, then 10 minutes later you get an egg.

You quickly learn if you want an egg, go stand in line first otherwise everything else on the plate is cold.

if you are breakfasting with non egg eaters, they will have all finished by the time you get to sit down

(sorry for my grip , but having had it done better on another line it does wind me up each time I'm standing in line for a fried egg, behind a queue of guests wanting special omelettes)

On British ships the eggs are cooked and

laid out on hot plates, they are never there long enough to go off.