European Cruise Buffet

We're interested as well - we weren't able to get my time or our first choice for main dining for our Vision cruise in October, so will probably be eating most dinners in the buffet!

We're interested as well - we weren't able to get my time or our first choice for main dining for our Vision cruise in October, so will probably be eating most dinners in the buffet!

Go to the MDR as soon as you board and you stand a good chance of getting your preferred dining time.

As for buffet food, you will get more mushrooms and proper Bacon!! Yes proper bacon.

And Black Pudding!!!

Marmite

HP sauce

English Mustard

Salad Cream

English Muffins

More Tea varieties

Other than that, most will be the same as on any other cruise ship or cruise line any where in the world.

Happy Days!

For those that are having a difficult time getting the dining time you would like, don't wait until you board the ship and go to the MDR.

Send an email to rcldining@rccl.com. Give them your reservation number, ship and sailing date and ask them for help putting you in the dining timeslot you want.

This department is great.

Never noticed much difference in food between Europe and Caribbean cruises.

Either in buffet or Dining rooms.

The only difference I noticed was that ships from the UK still had the black hockey puck things for breakfast for a while after returning to the US.

Basically, the buffet will be the same, with just a few differences. Starting with desserts (eat dessert first!) you may find more puddings, crumbles, and fewer cheesecakes. There won't be much difference in carved meats or the salad bar, but the ethnic offerings will feature more Indian curries. Some are very good! Seasonings won't be strong, instead will be subtle. Breakfast items will include additional savory offerings, such as grilled tomatoes, beans, good bacon and sausages, and plentiful cold cuts and cheeses.

You will still have the popular basic items B, L, and D.

We found the dining room offerings to be much the same as any other cruise.

WE are going on our first European cruise. Are the buffets the same as in the Caribbean? I thought I had read that the food is much different. Are the main dining room menus the same?

Hi Kim,

If you think about it, N. American food is mostly European which has changed in small ways from when Europeans (mostly) populated the continent.

There will be differences but you are on your holidays, savour the experience, try Black Pudding and English Mustard if you don't like it at least you can say you have tried it, believe me its nice. Marmite, the advertising slogan is "You'll either love it or hate it" I'm a Marmite junkie, a tip is the smallest spread you can on a piece of toast. European bacon is head and shoulders above US bacon, think of Canadian bacon but much tastier.

Don't get me wrong I have visited the USA many times and enjoyed the food on offer.

Pete

I thought it was called blood something.:confused:

Some call it blood sausage.

Have to disagree with others on here though - I think it's revolting :( :D Now English bacon is another thing - way better than American ;) but they do offer both types in the buffet.

In the past we've had some nice variations in the MDR when sailing in Europe but I get the impression that in the last few years there has been less opportunity for the Chef's to show some flexibility so it's the same menus across that board.

Edited by Bobal

No one has mentioned my favourite, proper (Marie Rose) prawn cocktail sauce:). I've given up ordering the shrimp cocktail on North American cruises as they only ever seem to have the red sauce.

I agree though that most of the food is the same with just a few additional local dishes.

Julie