Solstice Painted X Obstructed Balconies - pics?

LuckiePuris

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any photos of what's it's like to have the X painted on your balcony?

I have searched the S class sticky and was wondering if there was a list of which cabins have the painted X?

Is there a pic of starboard on Solstice showing the cabin numbers?

Thanks!

I had some but the pictures didn't show anything as they were blocked by the X. :D

I think the reason that you won't find any is because the X was removed so it no longer is a problem.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I had some but the pictures didn't show anything as they were blocked by the X. :D

I think the reason that you won't find any is because the X was removed so it no longer is a problem.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Thanks for your response! Recent photos from Solstice a few weeks ago still shows the X in the centre of each side, so I'm assuming this is painted on the balcony?

I believe it to be the reflective coating that is often used on windows. It is reflective on the outward facing side but clear from the inside looking out.

A picture on this thread shows a good shot of it and you can see the reflection of the sky off of it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814318

Thank you all for your feedback and for the links. I had a look at some pictures and to be honest the cabin we were looking at was mostly affected by the X and found it to look quite reflective on the photos. So we paid the extra $40 p/p and went up to a cabin a little more forward to avoid the X and have the full view balcony.

Thank you again for taking the time to help make our choice! :)

We have had 7235 which had the X on the balcony. We would definitely NOT go further forward and definitely not pay extra, to avoid it. We were going through the Suez at the time in pirate territory and were always joking that X marked the spot!!

Beryl

To be honest I found the photos to show the balconies painted with X to look quite reflective and bright when the sun hit the glass. Not having been on one of these cabins before I don't have personal experience to go by, just the photos, but for us the $40 more per person was worth it to move 10 cabins more forward which wouldn't make a big difference ship movement wise, and to have a balcony I can easily look through.

It's great that we all have different preferences, otherwise we would all book the same cabins!!

IMG_0797_zpslht1iqhe.jpg

This is the balcony of CS 1114 on the Solstice. You can see where the X is on the glass. It didn't bother us most of the time. The only time I felt it annoyed me was when I was on the lounger and instead of seeing the water all I could see was a reflection of myself. Its not always the view you want to see after a night at the martini bar.

IMG_0797_zpslht1iqhe.jpg

This is the balcony of CS 1114 on the Solstice. You can see where the X is on the glass. It didn't bother us most of the time. The only time I felt it annoyed me was when I was on the lounger and instead of seeing the water all I could see was a reflection of myself. Its not always the view you want to see after a night at the martini bar.

Thanks Benjoon for posting! Haha I wouldn't want to see myself after a big night either!

I especially love the furniture on your balcony!

I really do appreciate you posting the pic. The reflection was what I thought would bother me so opted against this. Thank you for clarifying :)