Have Equinox Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

We were on the Equinox on the 27th March eatern caribbean crusie. We looked at booking the Mardi Gras cruise while on board, but almost everything was already sold out for 2017, they said they could put us on a wait list for concierge,and the prices, well we could have had two cruises for the prices they were showing.

!

We were lucky we got an email alerting us to thie Mardi Gras cruise when it opened in Dec 2014. It took us a week to decide to book the cruise [do not usually book 2+ yrs out]. During that time so many cabins were sold we were not able to find a desirable cabin to get the Captain's Club upgrade when we booked.:eek:] Our CC cabin with all of the 123 go perks was less than an inside without any perks is currently selling for. We currently have 380+ on our roll call and 144 pages of comments.

Bon Voyage Andy:)

Have a wonderful voyage.:)

Hi Andy,

I hope you have a great cruise, and if it's not to much trouble, could you see what the beer selections is, DH likes IPA's and any other craft beers. Maybe a picture of a beer menu? I'm guessing he will need to upgrade to the premium package.

Thanks!

Hi Andy,

I hope you have a great cruise, and if it's not to much trouble, could you see what the beer selections is, DH likes IPA's and any other craft beers. Maybe a picture of a beer menu? I'm guessing he will need to upgrade to the premium package.

Thanks!

Till Andy gets back with info :D

Last Nov on the Equinox there were only 2 of the Craft beer menu selections that were under the Classic price limit. 20+ that were under the Premuim, and about 8-10 that were over the Premium. I upgraded!:D

Have a great cruise Mr. Andy. We are sailing on Equinox in June and July. :)

Thanks Ed. BTW, the Waffles are as great as ever ! All the best to you.

Hi Andy,

Thanks!

Hi Music,

I will try my best to pick up a list tomorrow. Interestingly, I've asked for a few menus, and for various reasons, they aren't being provided. I will try again in the morning.

Hi Andy,

A question just came up.

We love the Malbecs on board and last year drank the Catena. When we came home we bought a case of it and are still loving it.

This year they ran out and had something else in it's place that I liked just as well (or maybe even more). The wine list still says Catena but if you order it you get this other wine.

If you have time could you please ask the sommelier the name of the wine they are substituting for the Catena Malbec.

(We'd like to buy that at home also.)

(Today is "Malbec Day" so the subject came up. We'll be drinking a bottle of the Catena to celebrate> ;) :D )

Thank you!

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately, I'm only onboard for 1 more day, but will try to ask the MDR sommelier tomorrow evening.

Thanks for offering to answer questions Andy, it's very kind of you. I will be on the sailing following yours on Equinox. I would be interested to hear about the new menu at Bistro, what's currently happening with Gastrobar and if there will be any changes to the Molecular Bar either before or during the transatlantic sailing. I would love to know which staff will be working at MB during the TA if you could find that out. I would be very grateful if you could find out the reality onboard in regard to the upgrade price from Classic to Premium alcoholic package. As you know there have been conflicting reports here on Cruise Critic. Lastly Andy, I would be interested to hear any feedback you might have on Select dining as it is currently operating on Equinox, e.g. Waiting times, quality of service etc. Thanks again Andy and have a great cruise.

Hi Eloise,

Gastrobar : Still very quiet. A few nights were somewhat busy, but only at the bar. I rarely saw anyone ordering food on any occasion.

Molecular Bar : No changes during the TA - expecting it to be changed to World Class bar on Equinox sometime in June, but that's unconfirmed. Jelena and Luka will be onboard for the TA.

Beverage package upgrade from classic to premium : Good news, it's $10 per person per day plus gratuity. Seems to be no confusion onboard.

Select Dining : I'm on Early assigned seating, so I cannot offer much detail. However, from what I observed, things seem to be operating very well. The MDR folks on Equinox are outstanding, so I'm hopeful you will be fine.

I hope I've tackled everything. Have a wonderful cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

I am on the 10 day May 11 sailing. Perhaps you can find out what days the 2 formal nights will be and which days the shows are before late seating? Thanks

Hi Stipmom,

From one of the Maitre'd 's .... One of the formal nights will be on May 18th, and the other will be on either May 13 or 14 (still to be confirmed).

As for the shows, the Formal nights have the later shows. All other nights are earlier. I hope that will allow you to plan accordingly.

Hope this helps !

Please ask when the molecular bar is going away and what is replacing it. We are sailing on the Solstice in late may (may 29), so I know the timing may not be exactly the same, but it might give me a better idea what to expect. And hopefully it will be awsome so I won't be as sad

Hi illniwahoo,

The new venue will be called World Class Bar. On Equinox, it's expected to be replaced sometime in June, but this is unconfirmed.

Hope this is helpful !

Enjoy your trip! Love the Equinox....Wondering if the Gastropub will be busier than it was when we cruised last December and its bartenders more friendly....

We were really disappointed last year at Gastropub and had read that others had same experience.

Hi Tbmrt,

I'm not seeing much of a difference in Gastrobar, since last sailing on Equinox in January. If anything, maybe there's a slight uptick in the bar area, but I still do not see many ordering from the food menu.

Check to see if there is much turn over of crew after your cruise. The next one is the TA on he 27th. Would like to know if I have to train the staff. Make sure they keep it nice and clean, and don't drink to much so they have enough with the re-stock for us.

Hi 1Gizmo,

Several sources have mentioned they are expecting a larger than average crew changeover on the 27th. Hope it all works out well for you, and have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Andy

Please ask Jelena or Luca at the Molecular Bar if they know

what will happen to it once the relationship with Junior Merino ends in May.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Karen,

You are probably aware by now, but the new venue will be called the World Class Bar. Jelena says hi !

We got a guarantee cabin on deck 8 inside for our cruise in just over a month, any info about what the space opposite them is would be appreciated. Also menus for Bistro on 5, as there seems some confusion since the price rise. Are those lovely looking lounges in other posts around the solarium on Equinox?

Hi Ladytainn,

Bistro's price went from $7 to $10 per person on this sailing. I know that many folks are displeased with the increase, but we were VERY pleased with the new menu offerings. We've dined there twice in the past 3 days, and feel it's well worth the extra $3 per person.

When I return home, I will post on the live from thread, additional insights about Bistro.

Yes, they have very nice loungers in the solarium, but it's a bit chilly in there.

We will be boarding the day your cruise ends (27th).... will wave to you Andy! :)

Thanks Julia - that wave will be coming soon, and I will be waving back :) - Have a wonderful cruise !

Andy, I just read about the Bistro on Five price increase on some ships. We would be interested in hearing if Equinox increased the price and if Bistro has the expanded menu. We would be mostly interested in crepe additions, such as Croque Madame (egg, cheese, ham crepe or sandwich) that someone mentioned for Bistro on Five on Silhouette. And does the price include gelato?

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I think I've answered all of your questions except the gelato. I was advised that gelato is not included in the $10 per person charge... but the floats and smoothies should be. The reason nobody seems to be certain, is they were not available on this sailing, as the machine had not arrived yet. They are expecting it on Monday, and I hope you can provide an update for us. Bon Voyage !

Edited by Host Andy

I presume they haven't removed the splash pad?

(Was disappointed they didn't have it on the Silhouette)

Hi Matt,

I think you are referring to the dancing fountain by the pool. It's still there, but I never saw it used at any time, and I was at the pool area every day, including port days. Perhaps it's on request now. I will see if I can find out it's status.

Hi Andy,

We will be on Equinox b2b in Med in July. Will the menus remain the same as in the Caribbean? Also, are there any gluten free options offered as standard?

Many thanks!

Hi Dutchclogs,

Yes - the menus are the same as in the Caribbean. There is not a gluten free menu per se, but Celebrity is happy to work with you on any food intake concerns. I highly recommend speaking with your section Maitre'd on Day 1, and they will assist you.

Hope this helps !

Can you find out the dress code in luminae? We leave 4/27 for the TA

Hi Sassyw,

As Luminae is considered specialty dining, the dress code is smart casual every evening.

Hope this is helpful, and have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Everyone,

I believe I've answered every question on this thread, other than a couple of questions regarding entertainment. I'm still trying to obtain answers on the remaining questions, and will provide a final update when I return home.

Please stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, I'm back with another question. Someone on our April 27th rollcall said last month on the Silhouette, Celebrity provided pre-printed name tags at the Connections Party for the 50 who registered for the party. Could you let me know if Celebrity provided pre-printed or blank name tags with markers or neither at your Connections Party? Providing we have the same Event Coordinator, it should be the same for your party and our party unless perhaps our overwhelming number of 269 registrants is a factor. We are wondering if someone should bring markers and blank name tags.

And I initially said "no questions." Oh well, I didn't have any questions at first. Hopefully my Bistro on Five and Connections Party name tag questions will be easy ones, since you'll probably go to both Bistro on Five and the Connections Party.

Thanks! And bon voyage.

Kathy

Not sure if Host Andy has been able to answer this one, I know he's been busy. If I can help , on our March 27th cruise there were pre printed name stickers provided in addition to the badges our roll call leaders made.

Also, are there any gluten free options offered as standard?

Many thanks!

My wife has Celiac. All the menu offerings were marked with a symbol for gluten free or not, when we sailed last Nov. Fill out the 'Special Needs' form http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

And send it in so GF will be noted on your booking. The GF pizza in the Oceanview was so good, it brought tears to her eyes!:D

EW

Sorry to butt in Andy! :)

Not sure if Host Andy has been able to answer this one, I know he's been busy. If I can help , on our March 27th cruise there were pre printed name stickers provided in addition to the badges our roll call leaders made.

Andy did answer this on his Live thread, but I appreciate your confirmation for the March 27th cruise too. Likely we will get the name tags too, which will make our rollcall group happy.

Hi Kathy,

I think I've answered all of your questions except the gelato. I was advised that gelato is not included in the $10 per person charge... but the floats and smoothies should be. The reason nobody seems to be certain, is they were not available on this sailing, as the machine had not arrived yet. They are expecting it on Monday, and I hope you can provide an update for us. Bon Voyage !

Andy, you did answer my questions, and I thank you for that and also answering others' questions and for your comprehensive and honest report to include both the good and things in need of improvement. I will provide an update about gelato here for the Transatlantic cruise and the Med cruise if the machine arrives in Bistro on Five during one of the two cruises. I will also update the Who's Onboard, if there are changes from what you reported. And anything else important to note, I will do that too.

Wish you were staying on for the Transatlantic. It would be fun. Enjoy your remaining time on the ship, and tell your mom hi from us if you didn't do so already.

Kathy

Hi Karen,

You are probably aware by now, but the new venue will be called the World Class Bar. Jelena says hi !

Wow Andy! You must have been up all night answering all the questions.

Hope it didn't impact the last day of your cruise too much but , for everyone on here I'll say a big

THANK YOU !!!!!

If you happen to read this before you get off the ship - hi back to Jelena. She's the BEST!!!! :D