Have Equinox Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

I've stayed there a few times. No major issues to report. Hope this helps !

Hope this question isn't a bother......we checked the Solstice excel ss re cabin layouts before booking available #9295. Seemed to have a bit larger verandah but a comment on the spreadsheet mentioned it was somewhat obstructed with the jut out on the side. Does anyone have any info on that verandah? We love the aft view but SV's we were interested in were gone by the time we booked for March 4, 2016....guess the promo ending on 3/31/15 was really popular...we booked 4/3/15...says something about our pre planning...LOL.

Enjoy your Friday cruise....looking forward to your review.

Edited by oceangoer2

Carol, while we have not stayed in 9295, we have stayed in 7305 which is 2 decks down and one cabin aft of 9295 on the Eclipse, which has the same deck-plan layout. 7305 overlooks the roof of Blu/Tuscan Grill that juts out. 9295 probably has that same obstruction when looking down to the water. You wouldn't have an obstructed view looking out. Overall I feel you got a good cabin, likely with a little bigger than normal veranda. We will be in Aqua Class for the 1st leg of our b2b in two weeks, but will be 6302 on the 2nd leg which has the similar obstruction but on the starboard vs. port side. We liked the quietude of the aft and usually book aft (including SV), slight obstruction or not.

Can you tell us who the officers are on board Rquinox?

Hi Doc & Bug,

Yes ! Officer information will be included in my first onboard report.

Can you tell us who the officers are on board Rquinox?

Hi Doc & Bug,

If you are asking who are the Officers on the April 17th sailing, I do not have that information yet. However, you may wish to check this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862734&page=87, which may be helpful.

At any rate, I will post the updated information within a day or two after boarding Equinox.

Hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing on Celebrity Equinox this Friday (April 17th). We can't wait to be onboard this beautiful Celebrity ship once again ! If you have any Equinox questions, please post on this thread, and I will try my very best to obtain answers.

Of course, I will be asking about Luminae, and plan to provide "almost live" updates from the ship... as long as the Internet cooperates.

Thanks very much !

Can you find out the dress code in luminae? We leave 4/27 for the TA

Hi Andy,

On our recent March 1, 2015 Silhouette Cruise there was no sign of Sin City Comedy. Just Curious if it is still a going concern on Equinox or on Celebrity anywhere. Please don't go out of your way and waste any of your valuable vacation time on my query.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Can you find out the dress code in luminae? We leave 4/27 for the TA

Hi Sassyw,

According to Celebrity's website : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-luminae , the dress code is "smart casual". However, I will be happy to double check this once onboard.

Have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Andy,

On our recent March 1, 2015 Silhouette Cruise there was no sign of Sin City Comedy. Just Curious if it is still a going concern on Equinox or on Celebrity anywhere. Please don't go out of your way and waste any of your valuable vacation time on my query.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin

Things might have changed but I was really disappointed that Sin City was NOT on our 11 day cruise on the Equinox this last February.

Things might have changed but I was really disappointed that Sin City was NOT on our 11 day cruise on the Equinox this last February.

Hi Karen,

Sin City wasnt on Equinox in January either. When I'm onboard, I will try to see what I can find out. Stay Tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Please ask when the molecular bar is going away and what is replacing it. We are sailing on the Solstice in late may (may 29), so I know the timing may not be exactly the same, but it might give me a better idea what to expect. And hopefully it will be awsome so I won't be as sad

It's going away?? Why?? This was one of the highlights of my Solstice trip a couple years back. Junior Merino was there making the drinks himself!

Andy, I'm back with another question. Someone on our April 27th rollcall said last month on the Silhouette, Celebrity provided pre-printed name tags at the Connections Party for the 50 who registered for the party. Could you let me know if Celebrity provided pre-printed or blank name tags with markers or neither at your Connections Party? Providing we have the same Event Coordinator, it should be the same for your party and our party unless perhaps our overwhelming number of 269 registrants is a factor. We are wondering if someone should bring markers and blank name tags.

And I initially said "no questions." Oh well, I didn't have any questions at first. Hopefully my Bistro on Five and Connections Party name tag questions will be easy ones, since you'll probably go to both Bistro on Five and the Connections Party.

Thanks! And bon voyage.

Kathy

It's going away?? Why?? This was one of the highlights of my Solstice trip a couple years back. Junior Merino was there making the drinks himself!

Mikie! You need to come visit more often!

The contract with Jr. was not renewed. Things are changing a tad bit.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing on Celebrity Equinox this Friday (April 17th). We can't wait to be onboard this beautiful Celebrity ship once again ! If you have any Equinox questions, please post on this thread, and I will try my very best to obtain answers.

Of course, I will be asking about Luminae, and plan to provide "almost live" updates from the ship... as long as the Internet cooperates.

Thanks very much !

Have a great time!

I would like to know if they still have the glass blowing and how much it is to participate, if that is allowed andddd, is the spa on par with the spa on the Reflection?

Thank you!

Have a great time!

I would like to know if they still have the glass blowing and how much it is to participate, if that is allowed andddd, is the spa on par with the spa on the Reflection?

Thank you!

Hi Purpletequila,

They definitely offer the Hot Glass show on Equinox. As for participating ? Forgetabout it ! :). The molten glass is heated at 2,000 + degrees, and trust me when I say... this is a *highly skilled* profession. I cannot say enough great things about the wonderful Cornell artisans, as they are incredibly creative & talented.

As for the Spa being on par with Reflection ? I'm not a Spa person. I'm a "sleep on the pool lounger" person :). As both Spas are operated by the same vendor (Canyon Ranch), I'd guess the Spa is very similar on both ships.

Thank you for your questions !

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, I'm back with another question. Someone on our April 27th rollcall said last month on the Silhouette, Celebrity provided pre-printed name tags at the Connections Party for the 50 who registered for the party. Could you let me know if Celebrity provided pre-printed or blank name tags with markers or neither at your Connections Party? Providing we have the same Event Coordinator, it should be the same for your party and our party unless perhaps our overwhelming number of 269 registrants is a factor. We are wondering if someone should bring markers and blank name tags.

And I initially said "no questions." Oh well, I didn't have any questions at first. Hopefully my Bistro on Five and Connections Party name tag questions will be easy ones, since you'll probably go to both Bistro on Five and the Connections Party.

Thanks! And bon voyage.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I will be sure to answer both questions for you. Please stay tuned. Thanks !

Thanks for offering to answer questions Andy, it's very kind of you. I will be on the sailing following yours on Equinox. I would be interested to hear about the new menu at Bistro, what's currently happening with Gastrobar and if there will be any changes to the Molecular Bar either before or during the transatlantic sailing. I would love to know which staff will be working at MB during the TA if you could find that out. I would be very grateful if you could find out the reality onboard in regard to the upgrade price from Classic to Premium alcoholic package. As you know there have been conflicting reports here on Cruise Critic. Lastly Andy, I would be interested to hear any feedback you might have on Select dining as it is currently operating on Equinox, e.g. Waiting times, quality of service etc. Thanks again Andy and have a great cruise.

I'm not a Spa person. I'm a "sleep on the pool lounger" person :).

Really?!? ;)

Hi Kathy,

I will be sure to answer both questions for you. Please stay tuned. Thanks !

Andy, thanks, I really appreciate it. You know I will "stay tuned"! As you can see, several of us from the Equinox TA that follows your cruise have asked questions and will be staying tuned. Have fun!

Kathy

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your great questions. I will try my very best to obtain answers for you. Depending on the Internet conditions and work demands, I will try to answer from the ship - so please stay tuned to this thread, and, my "Live From Equinox" thread - which will begin soon.

If you have additional questions, ask away. We're headed to Port Everglades later this morning. Can't wait to be onboard the beautiful Celebrity Equinox once again !

Hi Andy,

A question just came up.

We love the Malbecs on board and last year drank the Catena. When we came home we bought a case of it and are still loving it.

This year they ran out and had something else in it's place that I liked just as well (or maybe even more). The wine list still says Catena but if you order it you get this other wine.

If you have time could you please ask the sommelier the name of the wine they are substituting for the Catena Malbec.

(We'd like to buy that at home also.)

(Today is "Malbec Day" so the subject came up. We'll be drinking a bottle of the Catena to celebrate> ;) :D )

Thank you!

Edited by chamima

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your great questions. I will try my very best to obtain answers for you. Depending on the Internet conditions and work demands, I will try to answer from the ship - so please stay tuned to this thread, and, my "Live From Equinox" thread - which will begin soon.

If you have additional questions, ask away. We're headed to Port Everglades later this morning. Can't wait to be onboard the beautiful Celebrity Equinox once again !

I am now, and will be later, watching your Sail Away!

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

216 days till we follow your steps:)

EW

Edited by wallie5446