Another drinks question

Janet-

It depends on how many drinks a day you think you would imbibe.

For us (and many others), the package isn't worth it. But for people who have wine or beer at lunch, maybe some more around the pool, cocktails before dinner, wine WITH dinner, and after dinner drinks ... yes, it IS worth it.

For me it isn't because -- (a) I won't drink that much during the day. And I don't want to be limited to wine by the glass at dinner (which the package requires). I'd prefer to either buy a bottle and nurse it through 2-3 days (since I'm the only one drinking) OR bring on my own to drink in the room. $60pp per day is a lot of drinks!

If you want to do a search, I think there are plenty of threads on this topic.

Another consideration is if you are on a port intensive cruise or not. If you will be on land for much of the day, it's unlikely the package is worth the cost.

Now, there ARE people who don't want to worry about what it costs, and just want to get what they want when they want it. They don't worry about how much it would cost on a per drink basis versus the package price. So if you are in that category, then by all means get the package.

Mura

We are traveling with another couple, one of whom has to eat gluten-free items. I recollect that the GDR has gluten free items available. How about the other specialty restaurants? (Obviously not La Reserve.)

The usual deal is to notify Oceania in advance of these needs. They will provide the gluten-free passenger with choices a day or so in advance. I speak as one who has seen these comments before, not as someone who has a problem like this.

I think even the specialty restaurants can accommodate, but you are probaby right that La Reserve could not.

If you are leaving next week it may be too late, but it's worth a try. If your cruise is a month or more off, it may work out.

Again, I haven't done this myself!

Mura

I agree notify Special services well in advance so they will have GF product available

They will get the menu a day or two in advance to choose their meal & yes it is available in the Specialties

The buffet ask to speak to the Chef & they will tell you what items to avoid

Lyn