Which Specialty Restaurant on Equinox for Vegetarian?

Kiwi Kid

Daughter who is vegetarian is celebrating her birthday whilst on board. We would like to go to a specialty restaurant but was wondering if anyone had recommendations based on vegetarian offerings? Are the specialty restaurant menus available anywhere to look at pre-cruise perhaps and do they change?

Appreciate any input.

I can only give you my experience (which admittedly hasn't been much--ha, ha). I am a vegetarian and have eaten at Bistro on 5. The place is usually known for its selection of crepes, but since I don't eat eggs, I opt for the vegetable panini. They also offer various soups that change daily. I'm not sure what kind of vegetarian your daughter is (some people don't eat meat, but they do eat cheese and/or eggs), but I've never had a problem finding things to eat on any cruise line. The ten pounds I put on during a week-long cruise did not come from eating bananas and watermelon! :D

I am a vegetarian (I do eat fish but not shellfish) and my husband is a vegan.

Sorry to say but our experience is that it's best to stick with our regular waiter who knows our limitations.

In Murano last year my husband was served steamed vegetables as his main course (this was with a several days notice to the chef )

For a special occasion maybe have dinner served with a nice bottle of wine on your balcony.

Take a look at http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm for photos of the Reflection's menus. Should be similar enough for Equinox and of course individual items could have changed as well.

I can personally say that vegetarians should have no problems in any restaurants. We went to Murano last year on Reflection and I came out stuffed. I don't freak out if something is made with chicken broth, which undoubtedly some items are. Sometimes you just have overlook things when you can't completely control them. I agree that vegans might have a less special time.

As a vegetarian who was on Solstice in January, the specialty restaurants were very good with their offerings. Tuscan Grille was fantastic. Murano was a great experience, although the waiter did suggest that we give them some notice next time (the russled up a risotto which was pleasant but I get a tad bored with risottos!). Bistro on Five a great choice for lunch. MDR lunch was underwhelming for vegetarians generally. There is a separate vegetarian menu in the MDR for dinner, but you will need to request it (sometimes from the Maitre d' as the waiters often aren't aware of it).

Hope that helps and please feel free to let me know if I can help further.

As a vegetarian who was on Solstice in January, the specialty restaurants were very good with their offerings. Tuscan Grille was fantastic. Murano was a great experience, although the waiter did suggest that we give them some notice next time (the russled up a risotto which was pleasant but I get a tad bored with risottos!). Bistro on Five a great choice for lunch. MDR lunch was underwhelming for vegetarians generally. There is a separate vegetarian menu in the MDR for dinner, but you will need to request it (sometimes from the Maitre d' as the waiters often aren't aware of it).

Hope that helps and please feel free to let me know if I can help further.

What did you eat at Tuscan Grill? I had ruled that out for our upcoming cruise as the veg options seemed pretty few. I would love to have the option to eat there if a decent veg meal can be ordered. Glad to hear you were accomodated at Murano, another one I had ruled out but now will have to reconsider.

There is a separate vegetarian menu in the MDR for dinner, but you will need to request it (sometimes from the Maitre d' as the waiters often aren't aware of it).

This is not quite what the OP asked but I just wanted to tell you about our experiences in the MDR over several cruises. You want to explain your requirements to the Maitre D and your table wait staff on embarkation day, then there is absolutely no problem at all about getting vegetarian fare. They always have an Indian platter for the entree, also a separate vegetarian menu, they ask every day about the next evening's meal. It hasn't ever been an issue for us, you just need to work with the wait staff.

That said thanks for the tips about vegetarian options at the specialty restaurants, will try out the Tuscan Grill next month:D

Thank you all for your input. We are going with Tuscan Grill and will be sure to discuss our requirements with the staff a couple of days prior. Doesn't help that hubby needs low sodium everything, so this could be an interesting cruise!

Dear Kiwi Kid,

As a long time vegetarian( no meat or fish), and having been fortunate to have taken more than a few Celebrity Cruises, it will be no problem to have lovely meals.

In Tuscan Grille, you can have the risotto made with vegetable broth base, a great eggplant dish, antipasto, tomato and mozzarella, primavera, lots of veggies, salads and great desserts.

In Murano's the selection will be again be a risotto, vegetables, a wonderful goat cheese appetizer, salads, and dessert soufflés.

In Silk Harvest, almost all of the dishes can be made with tofu, or a veggie stir fry, dumplings, vegetable spring rolls and the like. I also like Silk Harvest but they can add quite a bit of spice to the food if you like it that way.

For the money, Murano's is more elegant, and Tuscan Grille more relaxed and a very pleasant way to spend the evening. A lot of our group really likes the beef dishes in Tuscan Grille, and the portions are very large.

We were just on Constellation for the suite restaurant Luminae, and plenty of options for breakfast, brunch and lunch. For dinner, it was seriously lacking in protein choices for the main, unless you wanted cheese and a lack of appetizers and salads that I could eat. The vegetarian salads were added before our cruise ended, I am sure that as it adjusts the menus, it will be also wonderful for a vegetarian main meal.

If your daughter likes curry dishes, you can also ask the restaurant manager to make some wonderful vegetarian ones, with some spice to them as an option.

I always put in my reservation my dining preference, and confirm it upon arrival with the dining room manager once onboard so that I enjoy all of the wonderful food while on the ship.

Never lost a pound while cruising, and always having to take off a couple at the end of each cruise.

Have a wonderful vacation.

Dear Kiwi Kid,

As a long time vegetarian( no meat or fish), and having been fortunate to have taken more than a few Celebrity Cruises, it will be no problem to have lovely meals.

In Tuscan Grille, you can have the risotto made with vegetable broth base, a great eggplant dish, antipasto, tomato and mozzarella, primavera, lots of veggies, salads and great desserts.

In Murano's the selection will be again be a risotto, vegetables, a wonderful goat cheese appetizer, salads, and dessert soufflés.

In Silk Harvest, almost all of the dishes can be made with tofu, or a veggie stir fry, dumplings, vegetable spring rolls and the like. I also like Silk Harvest but they can add quite a bit of spice to the food if you like it that way.

For the money, Murano's is more elegant, and Tuscan Grille more relaxed and a very pleasant way to spend the evening. A lot of our group really likes the beef dishes in Tuscan Grille, and the portions are very large.

We were just on Constellation for the suite restaurant Luminae, and plenty of options for breakfast, brunch and lunch. For dinner, it was seriously lacking in protein choices for the main, unless you wanted cheese and a lack of appetizers and salads that I could eat. The vegetarian salads were added before our cruise ended, I am sure that as it adjusts the menus, it will be also wonderful for a vegetarian main meal.

If your daughter likes curry dishes, you can also ask the restaurant manager to make some wonderful vegetarian ones, with some spice to them as an option.

I always put in my reservation my dining preference, and confirm it upon arrival with the dining room manager once onboard so that I enjoy all of the wonderful food while on the ship.

Never lost a pound while cruising, and always having to take off a couple at the end of each cruise.

Have a wonderful vacation.

KK99 - thank you for your comprehensive reply. I am thinking Tuscan Grille is the right choice for us. And the mention of great desserts is a deal breaker for both females in our party.