Love, Hate & Change.

marge1952

Hello there everybody.

I felt this would be an interesting topic to start and I would love to read everyones views and responses.

What is one thing you LOVE about Cunard, one thing you HATE and one thing you would CHANGE about Cunard. This can refer to the company itself or a particular ship/ships within the fleet.

LOVE: The old world elegance onboard every night :)

HATE: That the QE2 is no longer with them and in service :(

CHANGE: Lower the fares so that I can travel with them more often :D :o

Bless all!

marge

xo

Excellent idea, Marge :)

LOVE: shipboard elegance (includes decor, formality at night, etc) and the Insights programme

HATE: having to travel far before I can even board one of the ships

CHANGE: 1. Include some solo Grills suites 2. Include some more hands on learning experiences beyond art classes and flower arranging 3. The Winter Garden space - always seems under utilised

HATE: Lower fares that would further erode service and amenities.

If I wanted to cruise more often Carnival's namesake brand has weekly offerings out of NYC at a much cheaper price. (But I don't sail to get a cheap cruise.)

Okay, I'll play.

LOVE: all the day-time things to do on a Transatlantic and laundry rooms on the QM2 (tie) [okay, I cheated a little with 2 LOVEs)

HATE: four formal nights on an 8-night cruise! -- a little too much

CHANGE: offer 7-day Caribbean cruises for QE and QV and make cabin tvs interactive (as they originally were on the QM2)

Love:

Dancing every evening - Traditional afternoon tea - Few nickel and dime attempts

Hate:

Constant attempts to down grade the level of acceptable attire - Would love it if EVERY non-port evening was formal and there was never a casual attire evening.

LOVE : the traditional experience offered on QM2 (only cruise ship built for TAs, duplicate bridge, tea time, formal and informal nights)

HATE : That officers are no longer coming to CC meet & greet (from what I heard, very disapointing)

CHANGE : Offer another lunch option than the buffet on embarkation day (NCL does this much better actually with the dining room being open)

LOVE - the Queen's Grill experience. It has made us reluctant to book anything else!

HATE - the fact the food is so good, therefore I can put on weight!

CHANGE - the cruise calendar to add some more Caribbean roundtrips from Southampton.

I like Cunard that's why I keep coming back time & time again. I dislike the Tables of Tat outside of the shops it lowers the whole experience of Sophisticated timeless Class of the ships

LOVE - Deck 8, seafood platter & steaks in Verandah restaurant, pina coladas, creme profiteroles, wearing formal wear

HATE - getting off, dare i say norovirus!

CHANGE - longer med voyages from Southampton in the summer months - 14 nights is just not enough! Formal everynight !

There is no way I could come up with only one "love" and I can't really think of a "hate" but one change would be to have more cruises from North America (not TAs). Maybe if there was a fourth Queen?:D

I agree with you that there should be more cruises from North America especially from NY. It would make it much easier for Americans to cruise on Cunard. Maybe that is the objective? Just kidding. :)

Love - the dressing up in the evenings, especially the formal nights, with everybody joining in.

Hate - one ship being sent to the med for so long each year putting it out of my reach.

Change - more round trip choice from Southampton.

Love: the planetarium on the QM2/ grills dining

Hate: forcing people with some limited mobility ( even if only using canes or small scooter ) to only book a handicapped room when it is not needed and thus severly limiting your cabin choices!

Change: offer more short destinations from NYC, like bermuda or carribean, rather than TA.

Love - the dressing up in the evenings, especially the formal nights, with everybody joining in.

Hate - one ship being sent to the med for so long each year putting it out of my reach.

Change - more round trip choice from Southampton.

(Camgirl how do I message you privately?)

LOVE camgirls Change

HATE Waiting soooo long for my cruise

CHANGE make the afternoon quizzes longer...

Agreed.

Love – All three ships and the tradition

Hate – the drive down to Southampton and back. A couple of roundtrips from Liverpool each year would be good

Change – the booking system. I’m fed up of seeing yo-yo prices and the varying conditions for cancellation/rebooking for different countries is very unfair.

Hate – the drive down to Southampton and back. A couple of roundtrips from Liverpool each year would be good

Change – the booking system. I’m fed up of seeing yo-yo prices and the varying conditions for cancellation/rebooking for different countries is very unfair.

Try a 24 hour + flight to Heathrow and then a drive to Southampton :) You're lucky you only have to drive.

I totally agree about the booking system. It would also be good to have a personalised account with Cunard where a person can access multiple booked cruises at once. Princess does this and it is great. I hate having to log in and out of Voyage Personaliser to access my three upcoming Cunard voyages :(

Plus, like a poster above, waiting for the next cruise is so painful!

Hello fellow posters.

I have loved reading everyones responses :)

So great to see so many varied points of view.

Sorry to those who are finding it hard to only list just one LOVE :D I'll forgive you for posting as many as you want!

Fabulous!

Marge

xo

I love Cunard, and particularly the formal dressing

I hate people who do not follow the formal dress code when most have made a good effort.

I would change the Uk booking system re cancelations to make it fairer like the USA.

Edited by maggiemou

(Camgirl how do I message you privately?)

LOVE camgirls Change

HATE Waiting soooo long for my cruise

CHANGE make the afternoon quizzes longer...

Hi Janecambridge if you e mail my cc name with 94 on the end at btinternet dot com I will give you my correct e mail address.

Totally agree with your 'hate'!

Love my lifetime history sailing Cunard.

Hate the "dumbing down" of the Transatlantic Crossings from 5 days to 6 days to 7 days to 8 days to............

Change back to increasing standards and quality instead of decreasing standards and quality.

LOVE: The magnificent surroundings. Especially at night, when fine dressing complements them.

HATE: Downgrading the dress code. Elegant dress code makes Cunard unique.

CHANGE: More formal nights, please. And bring back semi-formal.

Otherwise, change nothing. Cunard is beautiful as it is.