Do "insides" ever get those freebie deals....

pugsammy

I'm talking about the UDP, UBP, excursions, gratuities..etc??

Let's put it this way: Promotions are incentives for people to spend more money on their cabin/base fare. Why would the cruise line give those for the people paying the least amount possible to begin with? :)

Thanks!!!

Nope Del Rio doesn't like steerage class.. They don't spend enough money! :eek:

Of course if you are in an inside cabin and would say normally buy UBP do compare. I had a studio on Epic this Sept. I added what I'd pay for UBP and the OBC (when there was a choice of 2) for Balcony grade and it came in £50 less than booking Balcony. So I switched to the balcony. OK so didn't get a freebie but effectively I see it as an upgrade to a balcony for only £50!

Nope Del Rio doesn't like steerage class.. They don't spend enough money! :eek:

While I don't like the new management and style either, Del Rio has nothing to do with this - insides have generally not been included in promos like this even before new management.

Thanks!!!

We pretty much book inside staterooms. There have been a couple of times we have gone to a balcony, but you can't beat the inside stateroom prices on some itineraries. I think they figure you are already getting the best price on your inside cabin so they won't offer you anything else which is ironic since we have to pay service charges just like everyone else. We just booked the Jade ( transatlantic) and in order to get extra freebies we booked an ocean view picture window because there were no extra perks for the inside and besides it was 20 dollars per person more. I think with NCL whenever they have a promotion going on in order to get extra benefits you must book an ocean view or above. Good Luck

Edited by qtaromar1970

I think they figure you are already getting the best price on your inside cabin so they won't offer you anything else which is ironic since we have to pay service charges just like everyone else.

I fail to see your rationale in that statement. You use the same services as everybody else, hence you pay the same service charges - it has nothing to do with your cabin category (nowadays only for non-suites, but still). The promotion is not there to benefit you but to benefit the company by getting people to book more expensive cabins.

Edited by Demonyte

Inside cabins get onboard credit so they still benefit from the promotion. That said, I wish they would include families who book two connecting inside cabins. This total cruise fare ends up costing more than one ocean view cabin for 4 people, but we wouldn't be entitled to get the UBP, UDP, included gratuities, or shore excursion credit because they're inside cabins. We did get onboard credit when we booked two connecting inside cabins on the Breakaway (booked in September for this July), and it was before the promo but I would still like to see them include any two connecting cabins in these promos.

I fail to see your rationale in that statement. You use the same services as everybody else, hence you pay the same service charges - it has nothing to do with your cabin category (nowadays only for non-suites, but still). The promotion is not there to benefit you but to benefit the company by getting people to book more expensive cabins.

Sometimes insides get a token amount of OBC, but not the other perks. They are promotions designed to get you to spend more on higher category cabins, you are correct. Insides spend a higher percentage of overall cost in DSC though. A balcony that costs $2500 for two costs the same in DSC as an inside that costs $1000 for two. For the inside cabin the DSC is 18% of the cost of the cruise. For the balcony it is about 7% of the cost of the cruise. Maybe that's what they were getting at?

Some versions of the promotions HAVE included insides (if you consider a $25 per cabin OBC the same promotion LOL)

Yes, the $25 OBC was very helpful in booking my upcoming cruise! :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for WAVE to sail into the sunset. It's the longest promotion. I'm all for the Buy One, Get One Free (less port charges and taxes). That promotion was awesome! It benefited everyone all the way around. :)

It made me jump into a booking as well ;) LOL...after all, that will buy us both a drink :)

Not for us, DW & I don't drink - she can handle 1/2 glass of wine at most. But, I can't say being too excited that it will just cover the increase of 95 cents daily in DSC for both of us on a 10 day itinerary.

Tough choices between Inside & Oceanview, although natural lights are always a plus but not a prime necessity - good food, nice ports, and a friendly crew that's responsive are more important to us ... the Breakaway crew last month weren't exactly jumping in joy, aside from the gallery folks coming thru the MDR for the last 2 nights dancing a bit with white handkerchief waving over their heads - sort of sailing like the Carnival Fun Ship ...

Edited by mking8288

They have added their own steerage dining room934b4164a90a7443e2ce7762c1657d5f.jpg [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Funny thing is it is the same food the upper class eat so I'm all about steerage! (Yes I know you get the Haven dining or Cagney's...been there..done that.)

I booked an oceanview cabin NCL Sky to take advantage of UBP, I talked my friend into going and we she was booking her inside cabin the NCL.com page gave her the option if choosing one if the free packages... Will she be able to pull it off?

I booked an oceanview cabin NCL Sky to take advantage of UBP, I talked my friend into going and we she was booking her inside cabin the NCL.com page gave her the option if choosing one if the free packages... Will she be able to pull it off?

The option to enter a code pops up no matter what you try to book on that website. There is a foot note that states that insides and studios are excluded. I hate the layout and flow of the cruise planning/booking portion of the website. It's either someone doing a really poor job, or NCL tying to confuse people so that they spend more money.

Thanks!!!

Ever is one of those words like never and always. It is not unheard of for insides to get some of the deals, but it is not a usual event.

Just like you never say never, you never say ever.

Ever is one of those words like never and always. It is not unheard of for insides to get some of the deals, but it is not a usual event.

Just like you never say never, you never say ever.

Wow, Socrates... profound, very profound.

socrates.jpeg