*Milestone*

camper49

Our PVP asked us to check in with her a few days before our trip, to make certain the credit was ready. Our booking shows 2 cents charged and paid as part of the total. I think this is how they earmark it. We also had the funny looking 2 cent invoice in our email when we notified we were ready to redeem our 50ths.

Good info. I am close but have been branching out more and more with other lines and in depth land trips. I have a couple Carnival cruises booked for this year which will put me at 23 CCL cruises. I like saving my credit for something bigger and unique.

How nice that you got a letter! I had to call and ask about mine last year, and all I got was a blank email from Carnival with a very plain invoice attached stating "25% milestone," order total one cent, payment one cent, and balance due zero. Lol. Its a good thing I knew what it meant because it sure didn't show any information.

Congratulations on reaching the 25 milestone. I was told it could be used for any cruise up until my 49th cruise. Is that what your letter states?

That's what I just got. Looked weird, an invoice for Milestone?!?!

Our PVP asked us to check in with her a few days before our trip, to make certain the credit was ready. Our booking shows 2 cents charged and paid as part of the total. I think this is how they earmark it. We also had the funny looking 2 cent invoice in our email when we notified we were ready to redeem our 50ths.

Good idea...I will check with my PVP a few days before. I would just feel better if I had the charge, invoice or something in writing. I had issues with Carnival on a 25% OBC I was supposed to receive after my Dream cruise was cancelled a few years ago. I had tons of paperwork and they still didn't want to give me the entire amount.

We used both of our 25% milestone credits on the same Mediterranean cruise within the 18 month window. We used our 50% milestone credits on 2 different cruises one Transatlantic and one Transpacific. Again both within their specified 18 month window.

However I did have discussions with both the Diamond desk and the Milestone desk about these milestone OBCs. I was told (and you know you never get incorrect information on the phone from Carnival) that the official policy is that the cruise with milestone credits should be booked within 18 months of the letter notification and taken within 12 months of that booking.

However, both representatives indicated that there aren't that many redemptions and there is definitely some flexibility within those rules/guidelines.

Cantw82cruise, you, like us, don't do short cruises because being in the Midwest you need to fly and we always go for longer cruises since we pay for airfare :).

You got that right just started booking B2B for the same reason. Doing the Glory and Breeze B2B this year and the Vista for a 10 day European and the 13 day TA in 2016. We become diamond on the TA.

You got that right just started booking B2B for the same reason. Doing the Glory and Breeze B2B this year and the Vista for a 10 day European and the 13 day TA in 2016. We become diamond on the TA.

I also will become diamond on the TA. So am I considered Diamond on that cruise or the cruise after that. I also will reach my milestone on that cruise as well!

Pat

Very cool. I remember when it was much easier to get a milestone. I think it was only 10 cruises to get platinum and now I have 17 more 7 night cruises to get to Diamond. I don't think I will make that milestone.

There are 2 separate programs. I believe the OP is referring to the 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th milestone. You reach these milestones by the # of cruises you have taken.

The other program is based on days.

Since we take longer cruises a lot, we reached Diamond on our 21st cruise. We will reach our 25th milestone cruise in two weeks time.

I also will become diamond on the TA. So am I considered Diamond on that cruise or the cruise after that. I also will reach my milestone on that cruise as well!

Pat

Pat, you will start the TA cruise as a Diamond. So you will receive your Diamond card with Milestone on it at the same time.

How nice that you got a letter! I had to call and ask about mine last year, and all I got was a blank email from Carnival with a very plain invoice attached stating "25% milestone," order total one cent, payment one cent, and balance due zero. Lol. Its a good thing I knew what it meant because it sure didn't show any information.

Congratulations on reaching the 25 milestone. I was told it could be used for any cruise up until my 49th cruise. Is that what your letter states?

We got the same thing shortly after our 24th cruise. We have cruise # 25 booked for in 2 weeks time and last week received the official Milestone letter to advise us how to request the 25% OBC for a future cruise.

The letter does state that the Milestone Rewards expire 18 months from the date on the letter. However, from reading on these boards, others have said we have until cruise #49 to use it. Have not verified it with my PVP yet as we just got the letter and know we have lots of time. After all, we have not even taken our 25th yet...lol.

This 18 month expiry is also stated on my Diamond perks for the free upgrades but have been told by the Diamond desk and my PVP that we do not have to use it before the 18 month expiry.

Pat, you will start the TA cruise as a Diamond. So you will receive your Diamond card with Milestone on it at the same time.

Thank you, Mary. I believe we cruised together on the Breeze one time. I remember you from the roll call.

Pat

Pat

When you get your SNS card it will be diamond. If you turn diamond in the middle of a cruise you will have boarding passes that states you are diamond. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...
[quote name='flounder315']Is it 25% of the cabin fare or 25% OBC of the individual that is milestone's fare.[/QUOTE]

It is 25% OBC of the individual's fare. If both occupants are Milestone, you can each request your Milestone credit or you can use the other one on a different cruise.

Just booked my 53rd Carnival cruise, and received my "Double Milestone" letter a few days ago. I've got 335 days at sea, so am "Diamond" as well. Started cruising in the '70's, and live in Florida, so it's easy to "rack up" lots of cruises. Plan on using the 50% OBC on a Hawaii cruise. Carnival has been very good to me. :cool:

"SKY"

I have 292 days so Diamond for a while but have just reached my 25 Milestone. Also do longer cruises or B2Bs.
Had a letter in the mail well after the actual 25th cruise.

Plan to use it on the Vista Med cruise.

[quote name='maryann2']I have 292 days so Diamond for a while but have just reached my 25 Milestone. Also do longer cruises or B2Bs.
Had a letter in the mail well after the actual 25th cruise.

Plan to use it on the Vista Med cruise.[/quote]

We plan to use ours during the Vista B2B Med./TA (we should be turning Diamond during the TA).