Difference between Concierge class and Aqua Class on Reflection

PCWalton1

Hi all,

I know it is a long way out there but we are looking to cruise on Reflection in January 2017. We have a C3 concierge class cabin booked but I see an A1 Aqua class would just be just $110 pp more and I see one with a great balcony.

What is the difference between these two type, is it worth it?

thanks for you help. :)

A1 will be a better location than a C3, generally. For $100pp I would definitely do this--that covers the cost of the persian garden pass you would otherwise have to buy (if you want it). It also gives you access to Blu. Those are the two most tangible Aqua benefits.

Edited by huskerc

Most people book Aqua in order to eat Blu which is the dining room for Aqua class passengers. The cabins are the same but Aqua, in addition to Blu has access to the Persian Garden, a jetted shower (DH loves), bottled water a a few other things.

Thanks for the feedback. We went ahead and moved. We were in 1144 and moved to 1620. Part of the appeal was the location of 1620. It's on the forward side of the hump and looks to have a larger than normal balcony. Nice central location too. :)

We were in a deck 9 C2 on Reflection in 2013, friends in Aqua said Blu was like a cattle call. Go very very early while the staff is fresh, when they open the doors early, early early. Or expect a wait and slooooooow delivery of your courses.

Glad we did the MDR & speciality resturants. The Reflection is our favorite ship after 25 years! Many hope Blu will be better with the Suite pax getting their own dinning area.

Agree with Wallie. We found Blu to be crowded, cramped and very loud. Food was good, but not great. Breakfast was a cluster with long lines. As stated, it should get better when the extra Aqua suites get converted to regular suites and those pax go to the new suites restaurant. All in all, I would not pay much extra for Aqua "amenities," but if you can score a great cabin like the OP did for just a little extra, it's a no brainer.

Our March Reflection cruise was the most crowded I have ever felt a cruise ship to be (spring break!). However Blu itself was not. This could be in part due to Luminae having opened for business (but not serving a dedicated menu yet). I know there's been a lot of speculation that suite passengers were causing some of Blu's crowding but we really never found that to be the case on this sailing. We never once waited for a table.

Contrast that with the Equinox in November for Thanksgiving where 45 minute waits weren't uncommon.

So being a complete novice to Celebrity is there a charge for breakfast/dinner at Blu or does having an Aqua suite cover it?

Thanks

Blu is your assigned dining room. Should you want to eat in the MDR one evening ask the MatreD in Blu to arrange that for you.

Blu is your assigned dining room. Should you want to eat in the MDR one evening ask the MatreD in Blu to arrange that for you.

And Even though ur in AQUA and in BLU.....on ur online reservation it will say Traditional and a time..disregard....just a Celebrity "computer" issue.

So being a complete novice to Celebrity is there a charge for breakfast/dinner at Blu or does having an Aqua suite cover it?

Thanks

There is no dinning venue where you have a charge for breakfast, opps, Bistro if open would have a charge, sorry.

Would you mind elaborating? For the $100 I am expecting a better cabin, access to Blu and the spa room (I forget the name). Am I missing anything?

S-class ship, or M-class ship. What is XC? And what is XA?

We have sailed Celebrity since 1994 and don't understand what this means.