Upgrade Fairy - she does exist!

jeanlyon

Just went into Cruise Personaliser only to find that we have been upgraded from Inside to Outside Midships and so has our single friend on a linked booking. We are really pleased as she was up on A deck on Adonia and we were on B Deck. Now we are almost next door.

Yes, very interesting. It was showing Sold Out about 2 weeks ago and I printed my e-ticket about 10 days ago. I was a bit concerned that our friend had not received a ticket as she is not online, so just went in for a browse of my own ticket and noticed the cabin change. So I rang P&O just to see if there was a possibility of her moving nearer to us and they said - well she's only 2 cabins away! Ha ha. Also, they had not got any of her passport details, insurance etc, thought they did that when you paid the final balance, so sorted that out as well.

It certainly does happen! We were on Oceana for the repo cruise recently and we got upgraded from a midships balcony to a suite! And not a junior suite either, it was a proper suite. :)

You could have knocked me down with a wet lettuce! We got invited for dinner with the Captain too.

Our friends were also upgraded from an aft balcony to a midships balcony on a better deck. I don't have particularly high status with P&O either, just Atlantic tier, so we were very perplexed but delighted, with the spectacular upgrade. The suite was gorgeous and we all had a great time.

So, yes the upgrade fairy was flapping her wings for us.

It certainly does happen! We were on Oceana for the repo cruise recently and we got upgraded from a midships balcony to a suite! And not a junior suite either, it was a proper suite. :)

You could have knocked me down with a wet lettuce! We got invited for dinner with the Captain too.

Our friends were also upgraded from an aft balcony to a midships balcony on a better deck. I don't have particularly high status with P&O either, just Atlantic tier, so we were very perplexed but delighted, with the spectacular upgrade. The suite was gorgeous and we all had a great time.

So, yes the upgrade fairy was flapping her wings for us.

Wow, fabulous:D:D:D

What I do find very odd is that P&O only sent me a Booking Confirmation last week. It looked exactly like the original one and so I wondered why I had been sent it and didn't notice the change of cabin. Wouldn't you think they would say "congratulations, you have been upgraded" here is a new booking confirmation. Very strange.