Last cruise before a refurb

hughdm

No you don´t make a misstake- I did the Transatlantik on board Constellation right before she went into drydock in Hamburg for her Solsticeation.

It was a great cruise- I even wondered why some area´s needed to be made over. In some parts of the ship it was quite obvious- anyway everything was shipshape- meaning everything was clean and well taken care of. I esspecialy choose this cruise because I liked " the old style " of the Millenium Class very much- some parts even better then the Solsticeized version!

So I liked Cova Cafe Milano much better then Al Bacio- and the four ships were each in different color shemes and upolstery now all four of them look quite the same, besides the artwork of course!

We have only been on one trip right before dry dock. Ours was not a good experience. They ran out of everything. It's understandable......it's the same thing that happens at home before a very long trip...BUT.....

They ran out of fresh vegetables, fruit, condiments, certain brands of liquor, and so on. I'm not really sure how low they got, it just seemed that everything I wanted, they were out of it. :)

This was not Celebrity.

We have only been on one trip right before dry dock. Ours was not a good experience. They ran out of everything. It's understandable......it's the same thing that happens at home before a very long trip...BUT.....

They ran out of fresh vegetables, fruit, condiments, certain brands of liquor, and so on. I'm not really sure how low they got, it just seemed that everything I wanted, they were out of it. :)

This was not Celebrity.

Was this on Celebrity? This was one of my fears.

What are your experiences of being on the last cruise before a drydock? Are we making a mistake? Thanks for responses!

We got off the Eclipse on Sunday, April 12. It was heading to dry dock that afternoon.

There was no difference from any other cruise. There were not cutbacks. They would not let things run out.

The crew stays on the ship during dry dock.

It would not be a mistake to cruise before dry dock.

Edited by ozark74

What are your experiences of being on the last cruise before a drydock? Are we making a mistake? Thanks for responses!

So glad you asked this question. We're booked on the Summit, February 20th sailing.

Along with Germancruiser we were also on the Constellation TA from Miami to Hamburg in 2010. Based on that experience I would have no concerns about booking a cruise just prior to dry dock.

Great to hear, we are also on the Feb 20th Summit cruise, the second leg of a b2b...was a little leery when we heard there was a drydock scheduled immediately following this leg but am reassured from all these experienced pre-drydock cruisers!! Thanks all!

Cathy