Never been on Aurora

amajaa

She is a very similar size to Oceana but the decor is quite different - more traditional but not old-fashioned. Outside of school holidays the atmosphere is probably a little more restrained but not stuffy. IMHO she is a lovely ship that harks back to classic cruising. She has a fabulous tiered stern and a super pool set in tiered terraces mid-ships.

Thanks sounds good. As it is only a 4 day cruise and not much more £££s we have booked a deluxe balcony instead of our normal balcony so looking forward to that. Hope we have done the right thing on that

We have been on Ventura and Oceana too. Aurora is different to Oceana but similar in size. We had a lovely cruise on the Aurora to the Fjords last year and agree with the previous post about the tiered back, very nice.:cool:

We really like the Aurora. The theatre accommodates a far bigger proportion of the passengers compared with say, the Azura so not the same pressure on seating and although a smaller ship the Aurora's public spaces felt comparably more spacious altogether to me. I agree the tiered decks and promenade deck are especially good features and we liked the dedicated cinema and varied bars/lounges too. I'm sorry that the Café Bordeaux has gone but am looking forward to travelling on her again later this year and seeing the changes since the refurbishment. One of my favourite ships. The size and amenities work for me - enough, but not too big.

Edited by kruzseeka

Aurora and Arcadia have the most space per passenger in the P&O fleet, more than the new Britannia for example.

Take the theatre, if the one on Britannia was similar as far as passenger numbers was concerned it would have 1203 seats !

Nowadays, we always go on aurora for p&o. It is very good for a wheelchair user. Easier to get around, than the larger ships. For example, cabin forward

C deck . Restaurant aft deck 6. Requires down the forward lifts to deck 7. Walk to aft, lift down one deck. Boarding, on its return from the world cruise.

Thursday 23. Packing soon!

Nowadays, we always go on aurora for p&o. It is very good for a wheelchair user. Easier to get around, than the larger ships. For example, cabin forward

C deck . Restaurant aft deck 6. Requires down the forward lifts to deck 7. Walk to aft, lift down one deck. Boarding, on its return from the world cruise.

Thursday 23. Packing soon!

Have a great trip. Got to wait a while for mine.......... still good to look forward to!

Well might not be going now, will have to wait and see. Husband fell down stairs this morning. I have just got back from hospital without him as he has broken ankle badly in two places and needs pins and plates put in. So waiting to see when they can operate.

Well might not be going now, will have to wait and see. Husband fell down stairs this morning. I have just got back from hospital without him as he has broken ankle badly in two places and needs pins and plates put in. So waiting to see when they can operate.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your husband makes a good recovery and you can plan another cruise soon. Best wishes.

We went on the Aurora in January shortly after its refit and we loved it, we had a short cruise to Bruges and Amsterdam. I have done a review of the ship and the cruise and there are a couple of links to videos that I did whilst on the ship, including a video tour of the ship which is at the bottom of the review.

http://www.productreviewhelp.co.uk/Holidays/pando-cruises-short-break-cruise-aurora.html

Enjoy your holiday, its a lovely ship.

We went on the Aurora in January shortly after its refit and we loved it, we had a short cruise to Bruges and Amsterdam. I have done a review of the ship and the cruise and there are a couple of links to videos that I did whilst on the ship, including a video tour of the ship which is at the bottom of the review.

http://www.productreviewhelp.co.uk/Holidays/pando-cruises-short-break-cruise-aurora.html

Enjoy your holiday, its a lovely ship.

Thanks for that, very useful for me as we've just booked on a 17 day Aurora next month after deciding against a Med Strictly cruise