Laundry arrangements-Millenium

GladstoneTim

All Celebrity ships have full laundry service available. We've used it on all,our cruises with no issues. There are previous threads with the current laundry service costs and if I find one I'll aim you there

No Celebrity ship has self service laundry facilities. No washer/dry and no irons are allowed in the SRs, even person ones.

Welcome to CC and enjoy your cruise.

Den

What would be the best way to find out what type of laundry detergent is used by the ship's laundry service? I'd like to use the laundry for an upcoming cruise, but I have an allergic reaction to a specific brand of detergent that's very popular in the US. I'd also need to know to make sure the sheets won't cause an allergic reaction.

This will be difficult. The ships use commercial detergents. The brands used may vary ship by ship. The Chief Housekeeper on your cruise can tell you what is used at that time, but that's not very good for planning ahead. You might consider bringing your own sheets from home and giving your steward instructions not to change them at all during the cruise. It is extra weight in the suitcase but will be the only way you can guarantee that you won't be uncomfortable every night.

This was posted recently. Not sure if it's up to date.

Laundry Services

Item Price

Suit $15.00

Jacket $7.00

Pants $6.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $6.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $5.00

Sweater $6.00

Shorts $5.00

Dress $9.50

Skirt $6.00

Pajamas $5.00

Handkerchief $2.50

T-shirt $3.50

Undergarments $2.50

Swimsuit $3.50

Socks, pair $2.50

Dry-Cleaning

Item Price

Suit $15.00

Jacket $9.50

Pants $7.00

Vest $4.50

Long Sleeved Shirt $7.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $6.00

Sweater $8.00

Shorts $6.00

Dress $15.00

Skirt $7.00

Necktie/Tie $5.00

Pressing Only

Item Price

Suit $7.00

Jacket $6.00

Pants $5.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.50

Sweater $5.00

Shorts $3.50

Dress $7.00

Skirt $5.00

What would be the best way to find out what type of laundry detergent is used by the ship's laundry service? I'd like to use the laundry for an upcoming cruise, but I have an allergic reaction to a specific brand of detergent that's very popular in the US. I'd also need to know to make sure the sheets won't cause an allergic reaction.

You should contact the special services department at Celebrity. The final sheet of your confirmation invoice should be the form for doing this.

Hi,

Can someone update me on what the provisions are for passengers to do their clothes laundry on the Millenium?

Thanks

Here is the link to the Special Needs dept, and you can also download a form to fill out and fax in.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

Form:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs-form

Edited by wallie5446

Thanks Denny for the price list. Went on the Volendam and they had self service facilities. Having to use the ship's laundry service has the potential to add considerable cost to a family's cruise costs. I don't expect they like the staterooms set up with clothes lines looking like a Chinese laundry.

Thanks everyone! I never considered this to be something that would fall under "special needs", but it's great that the form has a write-in section that would cover this issue.

As always, this board is a wealth of great information.

I will repeat, that if I had these concerns, I wouldn't jeopardize my enjoyment of the cruise by trusting that despite the Special Needs department working to get you an answer, the ship might at the last minute change brands of detergent. Then what would you do? If you take your own sheets, you'll know that you will be able to sleep in comfort.

I will repeat, that if I had these concerns, I wouldn't jeopardize my enjoyment of the cruise by trusting that despite the Special Needs department working to get you an answer, the ship might at the last minute change brands of detergent. Then what would you do? If you take your own sheets, you'll know that you will be able to sleep in comfort.

There are bedsacks sold in travel type catalogues that might work for you. Very light weight, silky type material. One of these would be a lot less to pack than a set of sheets. I think they are actually made for bed bug protection, but would also solve the problem of sensitivity to detergent. I usually find it easier to try find a solution on my own, rather than counting on the cruise line to fulfill special requests.

Thanks Denny for the price list. Went on the Volendam and they had self service facilities. Having to use the ship's laundry service has the potential to add considerable cost to a family's cruise costs. I don't expect they like the staterooms set up with clothes lines looking like a Chinese laundry.

The M class ships on Celebrity have clothes lines in the bathroom, S class do not.

I can almost guarantee, that with almost EVERYONE having some sort of "sensitivity" or allergy nowadays, the detergent will be scent-free and hypo-allergenic.....I would not bring sheets....the beds are not standard size.....

Edited by cb at sea