HAL and Celebrity cruiser first time on RCI questions

Hello fellow cruisers.

My wife and father in law have been on about 10 cruises - 5 HAL, 3 Celebrity and 2 Disney. Usually we get a good balcony cabin (Signature Vista on HAL or Concierge Class on Celebrity). Our last two cruises we were very fortunate to get Neptune Suites on HAL, which were simply bliss.

Our extended family is taking a holiday cruise on Freedom of the Seas on 27th of December. We are really really excited to be going with about 30 other relatives!

Our relatives are in D1 cabins (Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony). We are deciding between getting a D1 or moving up to a JS. The difference in price si pretty substantial, a little less than 4K.

We would like to know other cruiser's opinion on the difference between these two cabins. We are now somewhat used to larger cabins, and wonder if we would be happier in the JS. The other consideration is that my father in law would probably like to be as close as possible to the others.

Also, any comparisons between RCI and HAL/Celebrity beyond the obvious, younger crowd on RCI, much larger ship, etc. ? We are by no means cruise snobs and are very very very excited to have a different "bigger ship" experience and to take in everything RCI's Freedom has to offer.

Finally, we are Select on Celebrity and I understand that we get reciprocal benefits on RCI (Platinum). Is there anything we have to do to get these or just tell our travel agent.

Thanks for any insight suggestions that you may have, I always find these forums so helpful!

Bryan

Hello fellow cruisers.

My wife and father in law have been on about 10 cruises - 5 HAL, 3 Celebrity and 2 Disney. Usually we get a good balcony cabin (Signature Vista on HAL or Concierge Class on Celebrity). Our last two cruises we were very fortunate to get Neptune Suites on HAL, which were simply bliss.

Our extended family is taking a holiday cruise on Freedom of the Seas on 27th of December. We are really really excited to be going with about 30 other relatives!

Our relatives are in D1 cabins (Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony). We are deciding between getting a D1 or moving up to a JS. The difference in price si pretty substantial, a little less than 4K.

We would like to know other cruiser's opinion on the difference between these two cabins. We are now somewhat used to larger cabins, and wonder if we would be happier in the JS. The other consideration is that my father in law would probably like to be as close as possible to the others.

Also, any comparisons between RCI and HAL/Celebrity beyond the obvious, younger crowd on RCI, much larger ship, etc. ? We are by no means cruise snobs and are very very very excited to have a different "bigger ship" experience and to take in everything RCI's Freedom has to offer.

Finally, we are Select on Celebrity and I understand that we get reciprocal benefits on RCI (Platinum). Is there anything we have to do to get these or just tell our travel agent.

Thanks for any insight suggestions that you may have, I always find these forums so helpful!

Bryan

Call Royal's Crown & Anchor with your Captain's Club number handy. They will give you a C&A number on the phone. Then have your travel agent add that number to the booking. Also ask your travel agent if adding the balcony discount would make your cruise less expensive.

It really is a personal decision on whether to take the JR suite. we always book the jr suite or above. we spend quite a bit of time on the balcony and enjoy the added space, bigger bathroom, and walk in closet. If it was going to mean not taking cruise or too much $ for jr, I would go to d1. Happy Cruising!

Call Royal's Crown & Anchor with your Captain's Club number handy. They will give you a C&A number on the phone. Then have your travel agent add that number to the booking. Also ask your travel agent if adding the balcony discount would make your cruise less expensive.

I guess I am confused.....I thought that the relationship of the reciprocity had only to do with 'onboard perks', not balcony discounts when booking a cruise.

When I was looking at Celebrity and its perks for its Captain's Club members, I could not easily see what they offered as booking discounts, similar to what our C&A program gives out.

I guess I am confused.....I thought that the relationship of the reciprocity had only to do with 'onboard perks', not balcony discounts when booking a cruise.

When I was looking at Celebrity and its perks for its Captain's Club members, I could not easily see what they offered as booking discounts, similar to what our C&A program gives out.

Celebrity does not offer a balcony discount.

However, when a Celebrity Elite member becomes a C&A Diamond member via reciprocity, they get all the benefits of C&A Diamond level on their Royal cruises, including the balcony discount.

Celebrity does not offer a balcony discount.

However, when a Celebrity Elite member becomes a C&A Diamond member via reciprocity, they get all the benefits of C&A Diamond level on their Royal cruises, including the balcony discount.

That would explain why I could not find any sort of discounts associated with their loyalty program.