Hosting a party in a suite?

cruise182

Quick question. Has anyone had any experience with hosting a party in your suite? I would like to host a party on the Serenade in my suite. Who do I see about doing this? I figure the concierge would be the go to person. Any suggestions or in info would be appreciated. Thanks:)

What size suite do you have? My DW and I have hosted parties in the RS and OS on 7 or 8 different occasions. We coordinate with the Guest Relations manager for invitations, and include some of the senior cruise staff. Someone from guest relations is then assigned to us, to work with food and beverage. We normally do one hot appitizer dish and one cold canapes, with back up if needed. The head bartender will set up and stock our bar and assign a bartender to us. What is really interesting, we normally bring pictures of past room bar set-ups, and the crew always trys to outdo themselves.

Here is a picture of a party on the Legend in May.

1173574042_CopyofDSC06822.JPG.a9b016982afd724783c928db8dc40988.JPG

We did a party in our GS on the Serenade. I did it all on my own. We bought liquor at the shop (when you could do that). Bought a few buckets of beer and pop. Got pitchers of juice from room service and plates of cheeses. Room service also supplied glassware, napkins, etc. I also ordered a dozen of the little bags of chips that come with room service sandwiches. I emptied them into a bowl and they were a huge hit! Something different. I had brought my own invitations and did an "open house" type thing. We had 25+ people and it was a blast! Housekeeping came afterwards and cleaned up.

Other notes: bring some music CD's and party favors (we did magnets depicting our state and attractions). I also had some special cocktail napkins, drink stirrers, decorations and coasters.

Have fun!

We did a party in our GS on the Serenade. I did it all on my own. We bought liquor at the shop (when you could do that). Bought a few buckets of beer and pop. Got pitchers of juice from room service and plates of cheeses. Room service also supplied glassware, napkins, etc. I also ordered a dozen of the little bags of chips that come with room service sandwiches. I emptied them into a bowl and they were a huge hit! Something different. I had brought my own invitations and did an "open house" type thing. We had 25+ people and it was a blast! Housekeeping came afterwards and cleaned up.

Other notes: bring some music CD's and party favors (we did magnets depicting our state and attractions). I also had some special cocktail napkins, drink stirrers, decorations and coasters.

Have fun!

great tips!! Thanks!:)

The RS is great as there is already a wet bar. When we do a "grand party" we pay the bartender $50.00. We also will receive a bill for whatever is consummed. If you want more information send me an e-mail.

Rick

Rick: Could you send me some info on the Royal Suite - what kind of wet bar and assorted things we get in the RS?

We have the RS for October 22, and cannot really find out anything about the amenities we get with the room. Thanks.

szdiver47@aol.com

What size suite do you have? My DW and I have hosted parties in the RS and OS on 7 or 8 different occasions. We coordinate with the Guest Relations manager for invitations, and include some of the senior cruise staff. Someone from guest relations is then assigned to us, to work with food and beverage. We normally do one hot appitizer dish and one cold canapes, with back up if needed. The head bartender will set up and stock our bar and assign a bartender to us. What is really interesting, we normally bring pictures of past room bar set-ups, and the crew always trys to outdo themselves.

Here is a picture of a party on the Legend in May.

Looks great!

Cruise182: Saw your post here...you are getting some great ideas for the party. If you need us to pitch in on anything, please let us know.

Will do!! Just trying to figure it all out!! Not sure how we are going to work the bar? kind of tacky to have a party but then expect the guests to pay for their drinks. On the other hand 40+ people can get a bit expensive!! Maybe Icould get 10+ bottles of champagne and if anyone wanted other drinks they would be on their own. Just brain storming....

Yes, that is my fear for you as well....when I saw the idea on the bartender, I was thinking why can't we just charge to our seapass cards as normal? You are nice enough to offer the party in your quartesr, but paying for our drinks is too much. I personally would not find that tacky. It would be different if you were throwing a big party for your close friends. Too bad RCL doesn't let you buy in the duty free liquor store anymore. I will brainstorm on that one as well...

The bottles of champagne would be an easier (and cheaper) way to go - and forego an open bar. Or, have you heard of the wine packages that are offered? I wonder if you could get a "deal" if you bought 10 bottles of champagne...don't want this to be too expensive for you.

Will keep thinking....

Trevor, I also saw your post here.... and I agree with Michelle.....

I feel that just to offer to have the party in your suite is more than enough and I for one do not feel you should have to pay for any of the liquor, drinks, snacks etc.... If they can't do the seapass thing then we could all chip in somehow.... I will also brainstorm on this one :confused: besides it seems our group just keeps growing (whether they will all head up to your place remains to be seen tho) so it could be a real crowd.... I also will help in any way - you have my email

cheryl

It's been a year since we've had a Royal Suite but at that time

it was stocked with 4 bottles of alcohol which we were able to

switch to whatever we want. It seems like there was also a bottle

of champagne there too. Maybe things have changed now.

(This was on the Enchantment).

Was just on Mariner and we were in the RS. They gave us a bottle of wine and champagne and beers, sodas, bottled water and red bull in the refigerator to begin with. No hard alcohol, however the concierge said if we want some, she could make it happen. We didn't need any. They restocked the refigerator everyday and would put whatever mix of sodas, beer, etc. that you wanted. The refig and sink are located behind the bar which is just behind the living area. Really only big enough for one person to stand behind the bar but there is enough space for a bartender to work in the space. The sink is big enough to hold to champagne buckets side to side, but barely. We had our group of 26 in the room a few times to have champagne (we brought 2 cases with us) before dinner. Our room steward would ice down a number of bottles around 6ish (we had the late dinner). When you get that many people in the room, it does tend to get a little warm, even though we had the thermostat down all the way. As an alternative to hosting a party in your room, why not get a group reservation at Chops or Portifinos? We did Chops and they put us in the back room so it was somewhat private. We met with the restaurant manager a few days before to pick out wine, etc. We even had the 3 piece string band come and play for about an hour. It was very nice. We had Yury, the concierge, take care of the details. She was awesome. Anyway, the RS is great. It was more awesome than I had anticipated. We normally cruise in GS's. What was nice is that it had 2 full baths. One in the main area and an over the top one in the master suite.

Mark

When we have parties in our suite, we usually have it after a port, on a sea day. Most of the people who come bring a bottle they purchased in port - so there is never a need for us to supply it all. We never asked, but it was just the way it happened. Sure hope there are 4 bottles to start with in our RS this October on the Jewel......that is one of the reasons we booked it.

We hosted a CC sailaway party on the Sun Princess and made it BYOB. We were all going to meet in a public area, but it seemed a shame to waste our beautiful balcony. Having splurged on the suite, we really didn't have the resources to host a full bar. We had room service deliver some chips & guacomole and a cheese platter along with extra ice. Several of the guests also brought goodies to munch on along with their cocktails. I thought it worked out quite nicely.

Don't forget the new "NO ALCOHOL TO BE TAKEN TO THE ROOM" rule. You may have to end up with a bartender and paying by the drink. I saw a post where someone had a non-sancantioned party in their room with alcohol they brought, they were taken off the ship by the law when the ship returned to port and all of the alcohol was confiscated.

Just a thought.

You used to be able to buy alcohol at the store and pay a fee to take it to your cabin. Now you can't and you can't take any purchased ashore either. Search other theads about this is is discussed heavily. Search for New Liquor Policy and you should find many hits.

We had 2 cases of champagne and 2 big bottles of Grey Goose which we used for drinks in our room with guests about every night. Our room steward would ice down the champagne and fill up ice buckets for for the drinks. We told the concierge we needed cranberry juice and grape fruit juice for drinks and she was happy to deliver it. And the night we had the group dinner in Chops, a fellow from Chops came down to get the champagne to serve at dinner. This was on the 8/14 cruise, so it was after the so called "no alcohol" rule. So I'm not sure they are enforcing it with much zeal.

Mark

Hey Mark,

We are on the Mariner in the RS Oct 2nd. Could you tell us alittle about the suite itself. I am thrilled you mentioned it has 2 full baths as I did not know this. Is there a butler or just the regular suite steward? Any other tidbits would be great.

Also...is there a charge for the cruise to supply food for a party? We are traveling with a group of 34 and love the idea of a party.

Thanks so much for any info.

Archived