More CCL agreed: FTTF Going to $59.95

MCFTJCH2V

OP- How can you call it greed if it is an option that you don't have to purchase. I call it simply Business. If the demand is there. Typically I didn't buy it at $49 and I won't at $59. I have only purchased it once and that was because we had two small grandkids with us and we didn't want to lug around carry-on all day. So we had the opportunity to drop that all off in the room. otherwise we don't use it.

And what I find funny is how many people claim that it's not worth it, they get on the ship early anyway, cabins are ready anyway, blablabla....

But the FTTF is sold out for EVERY cruise...

This is a great way for Carnival to earn extra money and many many many guests love it.

You don't? Just don't get it - it will sell out anyway.

Simple supply and demand. If the market will pay it, the company will charge it. However, loyalty should still mean something.

It does. You get a free welcome back bottle of water. Maybe the FTTF funds the water lol

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

And what I find funny is how many people claim that it's not worth it, they get on the ship early anyway, cabins are ready anyway, blablabla....

But the FTTF is sold out for EVERY cruise...

This is a great way for Carnival to earn extra money and many many many guests love it.

You don't? Just don't get it - it will sell out anyway.

Agreed..it shocks me how many people speak out against it. Everyone pays extra for something that is worth it to them. Clearly...if people want to spend $50 for fttf..it is worth it to them. Doesn't mean they are silly or wasting their money.

I always enjoyed doing the line shuffle. It's fun and interesting meeting, for the most part, happy people excited about getting on a ship. More than once, we have run into the same people on the cruise and gotten together later on for an activity or show. In the VIP lines are, more often than not, much quieter and even have that "entitled" attitude.

To each their own.

If Carnival wants to increase the price, that's on them. $59.95 is the most I would pay for it. I like having FTTF and have purchased it 3 times now. And no I was never willing to pay when it first came out and people were wiling to pay $50 pp before that whole confusion got cleared up. But everyone has a limit on what they are willing to pay for regarding certain things. The $10 increase is the max for me on this. If others are willing to pay more, here's one cruising family that will not be part of the rush to get it. Do what you gotta do Carnival.

I, too, have to shake my head at the comments that people purchase it to drop off their luggage filled with soft drinks and water that they're lugging onto the ship. Yes, quite a savings, isn't it? ;)

Savings isn't always about money.

If it saves me from the hassle of something, its money well spent. I used to get to port early, get on within about 100 people of the Plats and such, only to have to lug around my bags and babysit them for a few hours. If I were able to slip someone a $50 right then to sneak off to my room and hang out there for a bit or just leave my bags, I would have.

$50 isnt a lot of money to secure bags and not deal with crowds.

Of course I now get to port about 1:30 and get right on the ship with no lines, drop off my bags and go eat as the feeding frenzy is almost over. There are tables open and not cluttered with 12 peoples bags but only one sitting and eating.

I did buy it for my next cruise though as we are taking some new cruisers and they want to get on the ship early, and we have 2 tender ports. I want their first Carnival experience to be as easy as possible so to me, $50 is worth it for that alone.

Carnival needs to give the person who thought up FTTF a big huge bonus. Let's see 40 cabins per sailing at $60 bucks, $2400 per cruise X 20 cruises per week is $48,000 per week x 52...a cool 2 and a half million dollars that doesn't cost Carnival a single cent. Smart, smart, smart.

I always enjoyed doing the line shuffle. It's fun and interesting meeting, for the most part, happy people excited about getting on a ship. More than once, we have run into the same people on the cruise and gotten together later on for an activity or show. In the VIP lines are, more often than not, much quieter and even have that "entitled" attitude.

To each their own.

How would you even know what happens in the VIP lines? Your "even have that 'entitled' attitude" comment shows just how silly you are to be pretending you have any knowledge of what happens in places you have never been in.

Remember that there are more perks to fttf than just boarding early. It also allows priority tenders and early debarkation. $50 to get off the ship early to reach a flight on time or begin a long journey home earlier seems like a worthwhile price to me.

Remember that there are more perks to fttf than just boarding early. It also allows priority tenders and early debarkation. $50 to get off the ship early to reach a flight on time or begin a long journey home earlier seems like a worthwhile price to me.

Just register that you have an early flight on departure or do self-assist carry off and you will get off the ship early without FTTF.

MARAPRINCE

I know there are many opinions of FTTF. In the past I wasn't concerned about it because I am Platinum and got those benefits and my husband used a walker, so even without anything special, he would have been able to board early as many times he was in a wheelchair to board.

This next cruise, my young granddaughter is in the cabin with me and her parents are in the cabin next door. I purchased FTTF for them. My daughter-in-law has never been on a cruise and one of our ports is a tender port and the excursion they have arranged, is not through the cruise line. I am not going on that excursion, so, to me, FTTF is a benefit to them.

I know there are many who feel that my family could have all dropped off their bags in my cabin and that I could have put my luggage tags on their luggage as their cabin is right next to mine. There are others who feel they can just drop off their luggage even though the signs on the doors advise only Platinum and FTTF passengers are the only ones that are allowed in early.

I am one who follows the rules and don't feel the need to cheat, scam etc. It's not worth it to me to do that. I know I have to live with my conscience. I am not a goody two shoes, but, to me, those "just dropping off" the carryon before the time cabins are ready make the life of the cabin steward more difficult, even though they wouldn't say anything to the passenger because they might lose a tip.

I'm sure I will get flamed for my opinion, but that's one of the things about this site. We can all post our opinions.

I've only sailed three times and have purchased it every time. I also have it for the 4th cruise. I don't even know what it's like to sail without it. So with that being said, I'd probably pay over $100.00 for it. I assume it's extremely annoying having to lug your carry on around the ship until your room is ready. But then again, I don't know. Maybe it's not that bad after all?

Before I became Platinum, I never showed up at the port before 1-2:00pm. Normally by then, check in lines would be non-existent, staterooms would be ready, and the crowds for lunch would have died down. It was always the smoothest and best way to start my vacation. So when FTTF was announced, I thought that it was the dumbest idea. Who would pay for something that they could get just by showing up at the port a little later?? Boy way I wrong. People are willing to pay ANYTHING for this benefit. Not only that, but they will stalk their computers in the middle of the night, waiting for an FTTF slot to open up.

I now know that for those that must get on as soon as possible and have their cabins ready, it's the best invention after sliced bread and butter. For me, I still don't get it.

I'm trying it this Saturday on the Breeze. $50 is not a lot of $ in the grand scheme. Why not? After This cruise who knows, we will have to see if its worth it.

And we like to be on the ship as early as possible.

I now know that for those that must get on as soon as possible and have their cabins ready, it's the best invention after sliced bread and butter. For me, I still don't get it.

Luckily for us that do get it every time, it covers more than just getting on the ship early.

Edited by Podna's

What's the big deal? If it is a service that you like and are willing to pay $60 for it, then it is a great deal and gives some people the ability to get on earlier, get settled in and unpack and iron all your clothes for the week in the laundrette during the mad rush at lunch. I also failed to mention priority tendering, priority debarkation and a priority line at guest services. I fall in this category of people.

If you're not willing to pay the money, then no one is forcing you to do it. It isn't a mandatory fee. Why get all bent out of shape because some people are willing to pay $60 extra? I don't want to pay for spa services on the ship. Should I get all cattywampus if the spa increases prices and say "I just don't get it. You can get a massage at one of the ports for half the cost..."??? Of course not.

And as for Carnival being "greedy", this isn't greed. It's a corporation trying to make money. Carnival isn't a charity or a non-profit organization. Most companies would be wise to invent ways to generate revenue which costs them little to nothing. If I were on the Carnival Board of Directors or a major stockholder, I would be happy about this move.

Edited by stobe1

I just hate how Carnival forces everyone to buy it!!! :mad: It's not fair!!!!!!

Oh wait..... :rolleyes:

Seriously, here in Florida, every Orlando theme park now has an optional for fee fast pass you can buy. Does not cost them a dime either.

Bottom line, like it or lump it, it's good business. Period.

I'm not one to argue with anyone about how they spend their money...whether it is FTTF or cruising on the same line innumerable times in order to get some perks.

Part of the purpose of this forum, from my understanding, is to educate newbie cruisers about how cruising works. To that end I, like others here, want to point out that FTTF is not a necessity and that the fact it works for some isn't a reason for a newbie to be all heck-bent-for-leather to purchase something that may not benefit them.

Without FTTF I have boarded as early as 11am. Carry-on is limited to an oversized lightweight shoulder bag (think Vera Bradley). If we board early we do head to the buffet and if the weather is good we take our food outside to enjoy. By 1:30 our rooms are ready and its no big deal if our luggage isn't there...since its amazing what an oversized tote will hold.

We don't book excursions that include transportation so, even with tender ports we just wait our turn, get a taxi when we get there and head to our spot for the day.

If we need the customer service counter we just choose times when no one is around...like when people are pushing and shoving to catch a tender.

And debarking...well heck, we want our vacation to last so we are always the last one off the ship, no lines at customs, easy to find our luggage, cabs to the airport are plentiful, and the crowds at the airports have lessened considerably when we get there.

For us there is absolutely no reason to pay for a service that holds no intrinsic value...just an opinion.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I no longer need FTTF, but I did purchase it for three cruises. To me it was worth it to be able to put our carry-ons in the room immediately and to have our suitcases delivered early so I could get everything unpacked. It is a value choice. Some might say, "I can't understand why someone would pay $60 for FTTF." Others might say, "I don't understand why someone would drop $60 in a slot machine." Everyone has their own priorities. If FTTF is worth it to you, purchase it. If you think it is a waste of money, don't buy it; but don't judge others who do.

I booked FTTF for my last cruise, 2/7/2014, and was most excited about early embarkation, room ready, luggage early and the priority tender lines.

In reality the group we ended up sailing with booked several excursions that defeated the priority tendering, so that was never utilized.

The one thing that I didn't give too much thought over when booking it turned out to be the one thing that I utilized much more frequently than I had imagined I would. That was the priority line at guest services. We ended up having a problem with our cabin that wasn't too critical and I probably would have just rolled with it but because I knew I could go down and not have to endure a long line I did go to GS and was helped promptly. While the nice rep took down my cabin problem I figured that would be that and I was thankful that I brought it to their attention.

The next day an envelope arrived in my cabin from GS entitling me to a 15% off my next booking, which I have since booked 1/30/16, due to any inconvenience that I had during our cruise due to the cabin situation.:cool:

Moral of the story, I will continue to book it if available and one never knows if they will utilize all of the perks or not.:)

nope, you are good... they can't increase the price on you once you purchase it.

Not sure I agree with that.

I also know when they do increases they grandfather everyone from the day before, eliminating the "rush". I wonder if letting the cat out of the bag has contaminated that.

The best post I saw was that someone bought it so they can easily drop their luggage filled with soda and water without having to lug it around.

What is so funny, is that they paid $50.00 for this "perk" but yet brought soda on to "save" money. I fell over laughing! Why not just buy a soda package instead.

It's silly of how many people pay for something that is free.

I got a good chuckle at that myself.

I have always purchased fttf in the past. We like being able to drop off our carry ons. I told my hubby that this time we are going to arrive at the port after one and by the time we get on the ship, we can go to our cabin.

Yes, it is only an increase of $10, but I am not doing it. They can get that extra money on the drinks that I will buy. :D

I just hate how Carnival forces everyone to buy it!!! :mad: It's not fair!!!!!!

Funship Freddie did a drive by on my house until I booked it. He is not to be screwed with. All the pock marks on my house are reminders.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy