Camera

Charging Cords/Batteries

Shoulder Bag which sits on top of Carry-on while rolling it holds:

Travel Documents

Travel Purse w/Travel ID, Credit Cards, Money

Mints/Gum

Small First Aid Kit

Cell Phone

Basically everything I don't want to check. We normally check 2 larger suitcases and another hard-sided carry-on.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I have a rolling case that has all of our toiletries, blow dryer, flat iron, my makeup, etc. as well as any meds in it and I also carry my purse with cruise docs, passports, etc. DH uses a CPAP and always carries that with him so that it doesn't get damaged. He also carries his laptop and camera with lenses, etc.

We bring a small rolling carryon with sodas, water and wine. Also a backpack with all paperwork, Kindle, passports, all of our cash, all medicines, camera, binoculars and the newspaper.

I would love to know how to get 2 cases of beer on board. It would certainly make life easier.

My in-flight carry-on suitcase is checked at the port for them to haul up (why would I need to haul it with me since there is no monetary savings in doing so). My carry-on board Vera Bradley bag has anything of value, my paperwork, any electronics, a single small bottle of water (if I run out I just refill it from the lav or a drinking fountain during check in), a book, and my wallet and my medication.

I don't do carry-on wine, soda, water. I layer the clothing I am wearing so I have a light weight jacket that easily fits into my tote and wear clothes that will get me through dinner if my luggage is delayed.

Now then...a few disclaimers. I don't have young children with their necessary paraphernalia, don't need any medical devices, can afford to buy wine, soda, and water by the glass, and have the patience of Job (learned not innate). I don't do "the pool" the first day, don't worry about changing clothes for dinner the first day, wear comfy shoes, don't bring a hairdryer, lap top, ipod, curling iron, large cologne bottles, or an expensive camera. I've learned that cruising means "simple" to me...much like Hawaii means flip flops, a bathing suit, a few wrap skirts, and some shorts and t-shirts.

We'll be carrying on a small roller suitcase with a package of water bottles and caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper. Then in DH's backpack I'll have important documents, cameras, chargers, my big tervis tumbler, and that's it.

Me: our fan, any medication, and door decorations in my roller suitcase. In my backpack, a change of clothes for dinner along with matching shoes, my jewelry and makeup, and my bathing suit.

Husband: he brings the dive bag with him - it's mesh plus he doesn't want it in the gigantic pile of bags. So, 2 sets of fins, goggles, snorkels, wetsuits, gloves, etc. In a small messenger bag he brings a change of shirt for dinner and his swim trunks with his Playstation vita.

I have:

-Outfits for at least 3-4 days, just in case my checked luggage gets lost.

-A pair of shoes

-Swimsuit

-Undergarments

-Smaller purse

-Toiletries, hair items and makeup

-A book or magazine

-Jewelry

-A few snacks

-Passport & travel docs

All of my electronics:

-Ipad & charger

-Ipod & charger

-Digital camera & charger

-Phone & charger

Edited by Senoj84

My carry on is a roll on suitcase, with complete change of clothes for us for dinner, and stuff for shower. Plus kid's blanket. We like to shower and change after the drive, before dinner. We once didn't get our bags, and I learned, I have good bit of clothes!

Dd's-whatever she packed, :eek: Typically, I have coloring stuff, a few books, and last cruise she had her Elsa and Anna Dolls, plus her doll.

Dh's-all electronics, in a backbag from a race. It's pretty full. Last trip was my kindle, three ipads (WHY?), his laptop (maybe two?) my cameras, our phones, and all chargers. Wires for our music, which NONE worked last cruise, so next cruise he'll bring speakers, which I'm thinking means the netbook is also packed. He has all money and documents. good thing I trust him!

Now, we haven't cruise carnival in awhile, and never brought on our own soda/water/drinks. I likely will pack a few dr. peppers, and chamanage (if I'm able to use the mini bottles). I typically have a few juices/snacks for kid, and never had a problem with those. (I don't know what's in the 'juice' on the ship).

Oh, and the stroller.

Our room has always been ready when we board the ship. Since we're gold now, we may board early, if we can board then get off, that would be great! my kid wants lemonaid (she had it for the first/only time before our last cruise from Annie's).

I usually carry a tote bag with a change of clothes, any meds I would need, my make up case and a small purse with money and all id's, and boarding pass. I also carry a small bag with two bottles of wine in it and a carnival cooler bag that will hold 9 cans of soda.

2 fans

electric strip

shoes that not in suitcase

hairdryer

flat iron

toiletries

cell phones

folder with cruise docs

passports

and on and on

We have handle straps for our bottled water we bring. It's like a handle and always get stoppedby someone to ask where we got it.

I use a small roll on with the stuff below:

first time cruising I also brought binoculars (no more)

folder with cruise docs

passports

excursion details

all medications

toiletry bag (including magnets, pens, small pad of paper & zip ties)

DH shaving kit

about 6 bottles water

insulated tumblers

cameras & chargers

phones & chargers

travel alarm

all jewelry

spare glasses & sunglasses

paperback books (2)

purse with cash & ID's

my CPAP with extension cord (fits nicely on top of roll on)

DH also uses a cane & carries his CPAP

I figure I can refill a water bottle for excursions. We can live without soda & neither of us drink alcohol so the cruiselines don't make anything off of us on beverage packages. I haven't packed extra underwear in carry on but after reading horror stories about lost luggage I might change that.

Because of DH cane, 2 CPAP,s & a rental scooter in our cabin, I do intend to buy the FTTF. It appears to be worth it to us.

Edited by PTAngel

DH and I aren't heavy packers, but we do have our two DDs with us, so that adds considerably to what we're packing.

DH carries a backpack with:

Cameras & equipment

iPad

Change of clothes (for him and one DD)

Swimming suits

I have a tote with:

Documents and paperwork

Kindle

Change of clothes (me and other DD)

Swimming suits

Diaper changing supplies for DD2

Older DD also has a small backpack that has her entertainment stuff from the plane. Not too bad, but we also have our stroller, which is nice to chuck in the room. Also, for this trip, we'll be traveling with my 88-year-old grandmother, who is paranoid about leaving her bag anywhere. So she'll be trying to drag that around, and will of course need help, plus we'll be trying to help both DDs get food while also trying to keep them close so they aren't running around like crazy...

That's the main reason I got FTTF. Even though I only have a tote, which would be no big deal if it was just me, it's all the other things I'm trying to juggle that make being able to drop stuff off at the room valuable. Also, having the room ready so I can take DD2 for a nap after lunch will be super helpful.

Mostly I do just a small carryon and a backpack. Packing lightly for clothes and toiletries, with room for books, puzzles. I like to embark after lunchtime, go directly to cabin, set up stuff before muster, and grab a spot in Serenity.

I don't hand my luggage off to the porters so I would have to go with 'everything' as my answer. I don't mind toting around my luggage for a little bit. I feel more comfortable knowing I have everything with me.

I don't take on water or soda or beer - so far every ship has had ample supplies of these. I don't take a (prohibited item) clothes iron. I do carry on the allowed 2 bottles of wine and all of my camera gear that I don't ever allow anyone else to touch. Some chargers iPads etc also in the camera backpack. My wife has her jewelry and our key paperwork. Everything else is in the two suitcases that will be delivered to our cabin eventually.

The last 3 times I took a fan it was confiscated. From a carry on and checked luggage.

I carry the usual electronics, change of clothes, my weeks supply of undies in a ebag, just in case.

I leave my everyday purse at home and wear a minibag which is pretty much a wallet on a string that I will use all week.

I think spinner wheel luggage is one the best items invented. I appreciate it more as I get older.

I will also have my carnival soft sided cooler with my 6 pack of favorite soft drink. It fits over the luggage handle nicely and I don't notice the weight.